Cornwall Football Forum

Please can you post your results, gola scorers and attendances on this thread please.

Cornwall Combinatio League

28th March 2009 (3pm)

FALMOUTH TOWN RESERVES (Bobby Bryant, Ryan Harris) 2-2 PORTREATH (Adam Nuciforo 2)

Att - 22

HAYLE RESERVES (Jodie Hampton) 1-0 NEWQUAY RESERVES

Att - 10

HELSTON ATHLETIC 0-2 PERRANPORTH (Brian Hawke, Kayne Trevaskis)

Att - 50

ILLOGAN RBL 0-0 ST IVES TOWN

Att - 20

LUDGVAN 0-5 HOLMAN SC (Frazer Cadman, Adam Freethy, Tom Hogarth, Andy Hill, Tarik Kalkan)

Att - 22

PENRYN ATHLETIC RESERVES (Stephan Churcher) 1-0 ST AGNES

Att - 20

RNAS CULDROSE (Nick Longstaffe, Chris O'Hare, Kieran Lovett) 3-1 MULLION (David Philips)

Att - 17

ST DAY (Nathan Taylor) 1-1 PORTHLEVEN RESERVES (Dean Bray)

Att - 26

WENDRON CC UNITED RESERVES 0-1 ST JUST (Chris Curnow)

Att - 13

League Cup S-F

Sun 29th March (3pm Extra time and penalties)

PERRANWELL (Nigel Brabyn, Jake Harvey) 2-0 PENZANCE RESERVES

Att - 172

hayle 1 newquay 0 late goal from jodie hampton.......injury time hayle player lying injured in penalty box and newquay player put ball out of play ,hayle took throw in and newquay waited for jodie to pass ball back to keeper,he then ran thru to score winning goal and all hell broke loose :yahoo:

ONLY JOING :c:

A decent scrap down at Bickland today, we (Portreath) took the lead twice through Adam 'Nuci' Nucifaro but Falmouth replied just after half time & straight after we scored our second midway through the 2nd half.

Falmouth keeper had to be replaced 10 mins into the 2nd half through injury, Duaine got injured early in the game as did Brett late in the 1st half but still played well enough.

17 games left apparently, gonna be hard work with such a small squad.

Up Newquay Tuesday night as the games come thick & fast.

Off for a :drink: now.... :thumbsup:

Hayle 1 - 0 Newquay

Despite having a number of opportunities to win the game by a comfortable margin, Newquay succumbed to their fourth consecutive league defeat to Hayle after a second half goal from Jodie Hampton stole the points in a below par game.

Both sides looked very poor in the first half, the strong end-to-end wind made the game difficult and the game was littered with fouls and dissent, meaning that the football was sporadic at best. Hayle had collected three points at Mount Wise in similar circumstances earlier in the season and Newquay's lack of composure in front of goal came back to haunt them. Despite having a number of chances to open the scoring, Newquay almost fell behind when a hopeful cross was headed against his own crossbar by Andy Morris. With a matter of minutes left until half-time, Newquay were denied an opening goal when the Hayle 'keeper parried Orrin Crowle's shot after excellent work down the left and strong work from David Rabone went unrewarded when Crowle's shot from ten yards was blocked on the line.

Despite having the strong wind behind them, Newquay were unable to capitalise and squandered further chances in the second half. On a number of occasions shots were marginally wide of goal or straight at the Hayle goalkeeper and ultimately Newquay paid the price when Hayle's Jodie Hampton found himself clear on goal, it appeared that defender Lee Hazeldine clipped Hampton as he went through and to his credit, Hampton stayed on his feet and was able to drive home a left footed shot when it appeared that the chance had gone.

It was evident that the first goal was going to prove significant in this game and Newquay were unable to find a way back, despite Rabone having a goal chalked off for offside. Although Newquay created chances, they appeared destined not to score and Hayle were able to hang on to record their fourth win of the season, two of which have been against Newquay with 1-0 scorelines.

Newquay will be very disappointed to lose the game in such a manner and will look to bounce back in their 35th league game of the season against Portreath on Tuesday evening.

Attendance - 10

Guest WINNO

Probably more like 100 John. Shame we couldnt put a show on for them. Poor game both sides but very windy that didnt help.Kayne Trevaskis was awesome yesterday made the differance..

Another 3 points for Perranporth!!

:drink:

Winno

At the start of the season I asked for one or two people from each club to help me with the website re crowds, goal scorers, fixtures, news, etc and I have used those kind people who have helped all season.

For example Mike Rabone does Newqauy for me, Kempy does Perranwell, etc.

I use their information for the website.

I will need helpers for next season so will be asking mid summer if you want to volunteer for Helston.

Winno

At the start of the season I asked for one or two people from each club to help me with the website re crowds, goal scorers, fixtures, news, etc and I have used those kind people who have helped all season.

For example Mike Rabone does Newqauy for me, Kempy does Perranwell, etc.

I use their information for the website.

I will need helpers for next season so will be asking mid summer if you want to volunteer for Helston.

:clapper: but kempy cant count :drink:

Guest Sam Boston

DONT MIND AT ALL. BUT IM STILL TELLING YOU THERE WAS MORE LIKE 100 THERE......

XXXXXXXXX

It was me that told CTB there were 50 there Winno :rolleyes: although I did warn him I'm pretty bad at guessing numbers. My rough head count was about 50 when I was heading back to the changing rooms at half time - maybe if you'd been looking at the ball instead of the crowd....?

Well thankyou Mr M! i think we will give Perranporth a tough game but they are really an ex Truro team who has lots of guys who have been there etc etc ! and us minnows will enjoy the day and if we win or lose i will have a glass of coke in the bar after as they say the next miss world has a part time job there! Nothing changes Mr M lol :rolleyes:

A decent scrap down at Bickland today, we (Portreath) took the lead twice through Adam 'Nuci' Nucifaro but Falmouth replied just after half time & straight after we scored our second midway through the 2nd half.

Falmouth keeper had to be replaced 10 mins into the 2nd half through injury, Duaine got injured early in the game as did Brett late in the 1st half but still played well enough.

17 games left apparently, gonna be hard work with such a small squad.

Up Newquay Tuesday night as the games come thick & fast.

Off for a :drink: now.... :thumbsup:

No portreath got 2 teams but how portreath is run you would think you got 14 players not 30 because the 1st

team will not come down to the 2nd because they think their to good to play with the 2nds

Cross-pitch wind made Wendron-St Just one of the less artistic games I've seen. Linesman John Curnow's control of dropping ball was one of the highlights. Knew it was going to be a tough one after nobody could hit my windscreen while warming up. Madron were on the other pitch so there was every chance of a minibus race home. Good ball through by Adam Flood for Chris Curnow to net after 50 minutes. Little Wendron keeper did well and we were grateful to leave with three points. Excellent ref, no cards, no bad tackles, nice club, good luck for the rest of the season.

:D :drink:

Guest bunditheboss

N P R chill out abit mate, guess you have had a bad weekend again, portreath has got two teams you are right, first team comes first and us the reserves take what we get, i think all clubs work that way dont they??? you yourself have told me that you will not be playing mining 2 football next year that you want to play mining 1 so surely if you wont be willing to stay with us how can we expect combo players wanting to drop two leagues down????

the truth is only twice this year have i had the oppertunity to use first team players, once down newlyn when i used duane and we won 3-2 and last week we could have had players in but it was our choice to show how faithfull we are to our squad. i dont want to use first team players coz it upsets our squad, but on the other hand if the first team need players then they will use our team, thats if our players are willing to go play up there, you and me know that the two players that would be able to make the step up two leagues wont go up there at all!!!!!!!

so if there is any problems you know you can talk to me, dont do it over the internet big man!!!!!!!

The whole point of a Reserve team is to teach/bring on younger players ready for a first team.

This is done using a mix of players, some slightly "over the hill" and those youngsters with potential. The older players become a calming/learning influence.

Clubs with teams in both the SWPL and ECPL/Combo are finding increasingly difficult to hold onto their younger talent in their reserve squads. As soon as they are good enough they are snapped up by clubs with deep wallets.

These clubs, especially in the Combo will find it almost impossible to win the league as they will never have a team that is good enough because of this poaching.

Another problem is lack of continuety at management level. Managers last what one season, two if lucky, alot only a few months. One starts to put a good squad together, next he's gone and the squad breaks up.

I feel sorry for a club such as Wendron who do not pay wages. They unfortunately have almost become a feeder/nursery club for other West Cornwall clubs. Great set up with lots of junior teams. Any really good players that get in their combo squad are pinched to join other clubs. No disrespect to those lads that turn out for their senior teams at present but they will always struggle as their league position idicates, as money dictates local football even down to the Mining League.

The last few seasons the Combo title has been won by cash. Goonhavern, Illogan, Truro City and now this season Perranporth, totally distorting the league. Look at Perranporth's record since joining the league - 14th, 10th, 12th now top. Would they be top if it wasn't for the cash being spent?

Hopefully with the credit crunch and if Perranporth are promoted next season we will have a slightly more level playing field in the Combo where a team will win the league with no cash involved.

Actually CTB contrary to what rumours you may have believed; no cash was involved when illogan won the league two years ago, just a few jugs of beer occasionally after the game.

And i don't feel sorry for Wendron at all; i think they've done rather well through their grant moneies etc to have such good facilities. Wendron should not have gone up a league to the peninsula last season when they only finished mid-table the year before. I'm sure if each team dropped back a league, then they wouldn't loose every week. If they weren't loosing every week then perhaps the good players would want to stay!

There i'm off my soap box now :D

Guest Helston Patriot

DONT MIND AT ALL. BUT IM STILL TELLING YOU THERE WAS MORE LIKE 100 THERE......

XXXXXXXXX

It was me that told CTB there were 50 there Winno :rolleyes: although I did warn him I'm pretty bad at guessing numbers. My rough head count was about 50 when I was heading back to the changing rooms at half time - maybe if you'd been looking at the ball instead of the crowd....?

There was atleat 25 in the bar at half time and second half i scanned around and i counted about 64

N P R chill out abit mate, guess you have had a bad weekend again, portreath has got two teams you are right, first team comes first and us the reserves take what we get, i think all clubs work that way dont they??? you yourself have told me that you will not be playing mining 2 football next year that you want to play mining 1 so surely if you wont be willing to stay with us how can we expect combo players wanting to drop two leagues down????

the truth is only twice this year have i had the oppertunity to use first team players, once down newlyn when i used duane and we won 3-2 and last week we could have had players in but it was our choice to show how faithfull we are to our squad. i dont want to use first team players coz it upsets our squad, but on the other hand if the first team need players then they will use our team, thats if our players are willing to go play up there, you and me know that the two players that would be able to make the step up two leagues wont go up there at all!!!!!!!

so if there is any problems you know you can talk to me, dont do it over the internet big man!!!!!!!

no the first team players wont drop down because they signed on for other minning clubs

CTB you make a valid point but as a player of the goonhavern promotion team i can confirm that not 1 of the players were paid to play, not even petrol money. Although we did have a whip round so Scott Rogers could get his hair cut :thumbsup: :yahoo:

no the first team players wont drop down because they signed on for other minning clubs

I've dropped down a few times, And I still would drop down! I know for a fact some of the others would too! I dunno where you guys get the idea that none of the lads would drop down because they're too good! I've spoke to alot of them and they'd drop down if they were needed and didn't have a game, which is also how I see it!

I'd happily play a sat and midweek game for 1sts then play a midweek for reserves! But It would be tiring, escpecially at this stage of the season!

Our main priority is to keep the firsts in Combo for next season. You guys are safe in your league!

We have it easy at our club mate, look at what we have compared to other teams!

We wouldnt get it much better at any other club in our leagues!