Cornwall Football Forum

Game of the Day

Guest optical

Sounds like Bere gave Torpoint a good run for their money. It just shows what a good side Torpoint are to still come away with the 3 points though

you are right tavi lad , torpoint arent a very good side , just the reigning champions and only lost once in the league this year they must fluke most of there games hey but thats football lol , maybe its the curse of your pre match predictions as they must be your 5th wrong one i a row , u must really have a wealth of knowledge about local football :P

I can see a Bere win there mate , Torpoint aren't that good!!

you are right tavi lad , Torpoint arent a very good side , just the reigning champions and only lost once in the league this year they must fluke most of there games hey but thats football lol , maybe its the curse of your pre match predictions as they must be your 5th wrong one in a row , you must really have a wealth of knowledge about local football :P

I think that the only thing that Tavilad gets right is the end of his name "LAD" :P

Is he old enough to play mens football, if he is I hope he plays football better than his predictions

If he plays next Saturday against Torpoint I expect he will be right back, Right back behind

the goal. If you have a crystal ball Tavilad, then give it a good rub as it seems a bit cloudy at present. <_<

Guest TAVILAD

Well from what i've heard , the better side lost on saturday !! Didn't Bere hit the post!! miss numerous chances ??

Heard that the Torpoint back four were all at sea everytime Bere went forward. I'm looking forward to the game this weekend

against the Torpoint?!! Also heard that the torpoint goalkeeper is vulnerable too!

So lets see just how good they are this saturday at langsford park!! :clapper::clapper: :clapper:

ye quite possibly the better team did lose on the day , bere are a top side at home and play the conditions well , which makes the three points even more impressive , does anyone no how many teams have taken all three points away to bere? tavistock is another bananna skin torpoint will have to avoid again im sure

Guest TAVILAD

Torpoint were lucky to beat Tavi at the mill , so Tavi will and must fancy there chances on sat !!

Can't really see were Torpoint can hurt us, as we are very strong all over the park.

So hope your all ready for the game lads ?

True what you say though don't htink many teams to go to bere and get three points so yes i will give you that ,its was a good three points!!

but you won't be getting any points on saturday!! :SM_carton_y: :SM_carton:

true ! but in fairness torpoint side now is a whole lot different,from what i remember of the game torpoint will have 5 or 6 different faces starting the game then what they did at home , was a smash and grab job if i remember rightly with two late goals .. and in your answer to where torpoint can hurt you all over the park comes to mind

Guest TAVILAD

New faces ?? well we will see my friend just how good these new faces are then? From what i've heard its the same side as last season basically?

As to you can hurt us all over the park , time will tell!!

Just be aware and don't be too confident footballfan!! :yahoo::yahoo: :smiley20:

haha cant wait , a little bit of extra spice , you needed that as i suppose it is a bit of an end of season nothing game for ya , although understandable you want to beat the champions, not sure if i can take losing though as i havent been on the receiving end of a loss in a while lol,

i no its a lil off topic as well but how is ash menhenick getting on as well , always rated him... when he turned up to the right ground that is lol

Guest TAVILAD

Ash is a fantastic player , didn't play for us sat he was called into the first team and played really well i heard.

Hopefully he will be there for us saturday as he really wants to play against your shower in midfield!! :c: :D

First things first Tavilad i dont know who you are but maybe as such a big fan you could introduce yourself to me on Saturday ?? I will be in the Home dugout ok?

Secoundly Torpoint are an exceptional side as are Saltash who have nothing to prove to anyone as the record shows and all this (We ARE going to beat you bull) does not help with our preperation as we have a young side still trying to gain experience and that is showing in some of our games this season but never the less we shall be going for all 3 points :thumbsup:

Lets hope it will be an entertaining game for the nuetrals and that all players enjoy the game :yahoo::yahoo:

in response to points gained against Bere this season we have taken all 6 in the league :smiley20:

I had better mention it before KT does they beat us in the cup 2 1.

A lot of people are saying that we were unlucky and on our 2nd half performance were worth a share of the points, but to be honest we paid the price for a slow start and to be fair to Torpoint they ripped us in the first half an hour and could have easily been more than two goals in front.

Only a wonder save from Craig Howells and a couple of other near misses prevented Torpoint from taking an unassailable lead and although we slowly started to get into the game, Dixon in the Torpoint goal was rarely troubled.

That is until five minutes before half time, when he inexplicabley failed to come for a long clearance from Will Westlake and Zac Beesley nipped in to lob him for a neat finish.

We piled on the pressure at the beginning of the second half and although Torpoint were still very dangerous on the break, we deservedly drew level when Nathan Harvey sent Marcus Pethick racing clear to fire home.

A Zac Beesley header then went inches wide and it seemed as though we may be going on to win, when, very much against the run of play Torpoint nicked their winner.

Darren Hicks crossed from the left, both Dean Cardew and my keeper Craig Howells seemed to lose sight of it in the sun, but Dean Cardew got to the ball first and I think he would be the first to admit it went in off the back of his neck past a stranded Craig Howells.

Torpoint twice came close to increasing their lead and we almost got an equaliser in the last minute when our MoM Zac Beesley nipped in at the far post only to see his goalbound effort rebound to safety off the upright with the keeper beaten.

So our good run came to an end and, in my opinion, with the games in hand, Torpoint will go on to win back to back titles and good luck to them....they have been the best side we have faced all season.

For our part we now have a difficult trip to St Stephen with three more injuries to add to the list, but are quite pleased to have,after a difficult start consolidated our position in our first season at this level.

....If we can finish the season above our rivals up the road...so much the better....(Sorry Gats!!)... :D:thumbsup: :yahoo:

I'm really really looking forward to hearing from Tavilad after his boys went down to Torpoint today 2-0. Not a great game to watch if i'm honest, Torpoint were certainly poor but i know for a fact that Tavilad had them riled and they were determined not to let him put one over on them and they ended up battling on to a victory. So i guess todays win is down to you Tavilad so on behalf of the Torpoint players, thankyou very much

It wasn't a very good game littledave. I've watched Torpoint a lot this season as a lot of my mates play and they were awful today. Especially in the 1st half. 2nd half they picked it up slightly and Darren Hicks started to turn it on and he scored to make it 1-0 and after that you couldn't see Tavvy getting back in it. As for Tavilad i think his comments upset a few of the players. They were quite disrespectful, especially as they worked so hard to become Champions last season

Guest little dave

big game next week then. hopefully your m8s will be bang up 4 them. i havnt watched much football this year but thats the match to catch. i know one player who i drink with regularly is dan chapman. did he play?? always full of life in work :D

I'm really really looking forward to hearing from Tavilad after his boys went down to Torpoint today 2-0. Not a great game to watch if i'm honest, Torpoint were certainly poor but i know for a fact that Tavilad had them riled and they were determined not to let him put one over on them and they ended up battling on to a victory. So i guess todays win is down to you Tavilad so on behalf of the Torpoint players, thankyou very much

well 4 4 2 you cant be that honest as you say in your post you are talking out of your backside :SM_carton:

the first half to be HONEST Torpoint got out of there own half 6 maybe 7 times and spent the rest of the time defending and your keeper looking after you :yahoo::yahoo: .

the secound half saw you get back into the game and defend well !! your first goal was a gaolmouth scrabble and could have gone anywhere but luck was with you fair play?? your second goal came 10 mins from the end with again a lucky bobble which decieved our keeper for your stricker to hit into an empty net from 6 yards.

All in all the result was not a fair reflection on the game but thats life and i can see how you are favorites for the title when you can win games against the run of play :o

As we had 5 x 18 year olds and 2x 17 year olds and 2 x16 year olds playing against you i think we played very good against Torpoint :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

AND THAT IS BEING HONEST MATE :blink: :blink:

from what i heard tavi was lucky to lose 2-0. should of been more

The thing is tiny tim you should'nt always believe wot you hear :D :drink: