Cornwall Football Forum

Penzance 2 v 0 Godolphin

Guest The Judge aka RED OR DEAD

Have Penzance played on a saturday this season? :unsure:

The majority of PZ home games have been on a Friday although St Austell went and played in the 4-3 match on a Sat. We have agreed to have them at Mount Wise on Friday 1st May 7.30pm, some game and crowd that will be.

PZ playing on a friday night... take your pick from this list.

1. Trev has to work in the shop on a Sat

2. PZ get bigger crowds on Fri nights due to rugby being played on Sats

3. They always get 3 appointed officials rather than away club linos who may not favour PZ

4. Trev looks better in the dark

5. The players are under the thumb and have to 'go shopping' on Sats

Just thought of another

6. PZ thought that some away players may find it difficult to get to PZ on a Fri night thus giving them the advantage

it would have been a minor miracle for the boys to get anything from this match having played 120 mins

in a semi final only 48 hours earlier. Penzance are a top side so to go their almost running on empty is a very tall order indeed.

I can't understand why we had to play the matches so close together. we should have at least put the fixture

back to Saturday or even next Tuesday.

Its given them a big advantage over st Austell and Newquay in the league because i feel we may well have taken something from the match in different circumstances.

And so the SWPL is made into a Friday night farce and Pz are allowed to make as many first team as they wish available to play in the Combo on Saturdays and inflate their position......nothing's changed in forty years. Some clubs are more equal than others. Put'em in the Mining Division, then they can meet Camborne School of Mines at times convenient to both.

By the way, Tap Tap Trevor, you won't get him so you can stop woodpeckering around Lafrowda Park now ! If I have to hit you with a bigger wallet I will ! Go and get yourself a new anorak ! :D