Cornwall Football Forum

St Austell & Callington

Guest The Judge aka RED OR DEAD

The FA have stipulated that clubs can only be promoted to Step 6 IF they have planning permission in place at the time of applying and confirm they will install them within 2 years Can anyone confirm if St Austell and Callington actually have the planning permission granted and if so how they intend to pay for the lights within 2 years ?

If they don't, why did they bother to apply for promotion?

The FA have stipulated that clubs can only be promoted to Step 6 IF they have planning permission in place at the time of applying and confirm they will install them within 2 years Can anyone confirm if St Austell and Callington actually have the planning permission granted and if so how they intend to pay for the lights within 2 years ?

If they don't, why did they bother to apply for promotion?

Perhaps because they know the FA have a tendancy to be rather, erm, relaxed about such rulings!

A floodlit club in Snozzle would be brilliant, so hope they manage to sort that.

Guest ajlongcallington

Well, well - so the Judge has turned his mindless meanderings our way again - wondered how long it would be before he started again!

Just for the record - planning application in place.

As for funding - we are working on this and you can be sure that when it is sorted, you will NOT be the first to know Judge!

Bit harsh Andrew, was only asking if either club had Planning PERMISSION in place. I hope that you do get the appropriate grading as Cally is one of my more favoured grounds in the Div 1 West and hope that all clubs follow your example.

hi again judge, u were being a bit pushy and arrogant at the start of the post, you asked us Why we bother applying for promotion is permission has not been granted yet, If you were a chairman of a club as AJlong mentioned then you would know that you have to apply for promotion first, then they will ask you to put a plan in place that will meet the criteria therefore applications for upgrades of lights and seats would be considered after they approve application for promtion.

pure and simple reply wasnt it bigman. at start of season anyone can apply for promotion whether or not the plans are in place or the facilities are not there. thats why clubs apply, because they will be planning to upgrade within the season as the criteria check takes place in april.

I'm from Truro. We had a bit of an off spell but we never thought we would be anywhere near challenging, I think I would have taken where we are now at the beginning of the season it was just annoying with the run we went on. The step up from Falmouth Helston 2, Mining 2 and even Mining 3 for some just seemed to catch up with us.

I just don't like Newquay for one reason.

I didn't get to play against you in either game Mike but I watched the first game and was in the first team for the other, good footballing side, definately going to be challenging in my opinion.

As I said, this one still has some legs... now that someone else has spilt the beans on the forum (a badly kept secret that lasted all of 18hrs) that Cally and St Austell have withdrawn their applications for promotion, although St Austell didn't get the ground grading anyway.

Just PZ & Newquay can now go up if they finish in the top 2, wether it will be just one or both is still open for discussion after the Devon clubs who could have finished top 2 have also pulled out.

JASA, you know nothing !

I'm not interested in either of the other sides, if they have had it turned down, then so be it, but they don't come on spurting rumours about Newquay or bragging about their league position. I think of all the sides in the top 5 this year we've played, you were poor. You had 2 maybe 3 decent players but they all wanted to do it on their own instead of playing for Newquay.

Lets get the facts right.

Who said that St Austell and Callington have pulled out of the race to be promoted?

All I've read on the two posts are rumours from Judge and callymike not seeming to know.

So what's the real truth, where does it say in black and white they pulled out, failed their inspections or that Newquay and Penzance passed.

I'm on the Pz committee and even I don't know if we passed yesterday!

Who said that St Austell and Callington have pulled out of the race to be promoted?

All I've read on the two posts are rumours from Judge and callymike not seeming to know.

So what's the real truth, where does it say in black and white they pulled out, failed their inspections or that Newquay and Penzance passed.

what you mean rumours from ME. I dont even know and wanted to know if what other people were saying so the rumours were not from me whatsoever, anything to do with my club id like to know rather than get it from someone on here that doesnt work for the club. interesting stuff tho. i wont be at callington next week if the rumours are true why be at a club with no ambition. start of season we all wanted it and now they dont.

I think you will find, the first person to break the news on the forum is shown below...

Today, 02:39 PM Post #3

Baggy

Group: Members

sorry Villa man , I did a copy and paste of your thread and put it on the SWPL Website to get an answer .

I do know that St. A & Callington from the west have withdrawn there application . Also Bovey tracey , exeter civil service and stoke gabrial from the east have yet to submit a planning application ( at least that what their relevant council planning offices say ) . so who knows Elburton could be safe yet .

I don't know the result of their ground grading, but can confirm that St Austell DIDN'T withdraw their application.

Maybe after being told by the visiting ground graders that the ground is not SWPL Prem standard, they withdrew the application. One thing for certian, until Poltair gets the ground updated (as is the plan I understand) then it remains exactly the same as when Stanley Matthews turned out in a friendly.

Hopefully the graders were impressed with the plans for Poltair Park. However unlikely it may seem, the club are still harbouring promotion hopes.

Still, you can't deny that should St Austell stay put, next season's St Austell/Newquay clashes should be belters!