Cornwall Football Forum

Entrance fees

Just wandering if there is a standard entrance fee for games played at this level and if so how much? It is easy to charge on the gate if you are lucky enough to have your own ground with entrance gates but if you play on a public park pitch, where not only you are playing, but perhaps a couple other junior games how do you charge those who are watching your game.

As far as i know you cannot charge someone to spectate in a public place.

You can ask for a donation or whatever but they're not obliged to pay because you chose to play in a public place. I'm not an authority on it but that's my understanding.

Are you refferring to Clijah Croft by any chance? That's the only scenario i can imagine where Combination football (Portreath 1st) is played alongside Junior.

Just wandering if there is a standard entrance fee for games played at this level and if so how much? It is easy to charge on the gate if you are lucky enough to have your own ground with entrance gates but if you play on a public park pitch, where not only you are playing, but perhaps a couple other junior games how do you charge those who are watching your game.

Perranwell apparently can not charge, they play on a public slope,i have heard St. Day is also a public park so how can they charge for the combo final? :ninja: :ninja:

Guest The Judge aka RED OR DEAD

In the Combo, £2 is the usual charge, although Perranporth appear to also make a compulsory charge for the prog so anything from £2.50 if you haggle, to £4.50. If they get accepted into SWPL next season, they may find that being restricted to £3 + prog charge may reduce their budget lol.

Some clubs go round with a collection box and suggest a price that you should 'donate' but to be honest any club in the Combo/ECPL needs the £2 just to keep things going, refs don't come cheap nowadays. Always happy to buy a raffle ticket etc at clubs that obviously need the funds, some are an absolute joy to visit.

holmans cannot charge because it is a members club :c:

I Think that might change for next season Martin! And if its a members club it means members dont pay not non members.

I'm pretty sure Illogan is a members club but i've paid to go in there a few times. I can honestly say that it's not getting cheaper to run a local football club and sponsorship and revenue are becoming more and more difficult to find........if their is any local millionares out there or even someone who fancies getting involved in a local camborne club it would be very nice to hear from you :).

Dan they can only ask for donations , it's a public playing field

At Godolphin a couple of weeks ago, I asked "How much is admission?" They said "three pounds".

I have no problem with three pounds - I would have given a fiver if they had asked for it. The fact is I was charged admission not asked to give a donation.

Sounds like they need to be a little more careful!

After watching Penzance playing Combo football for a fair number of years I have never been charged an entrance fee at Holman SC or RNAS Culdrose.

Mullion used to have someone on the gate but the last few visits someone has come round with a "Donation box" as they do at St Day, St Just, Ludgvan, Perranporth, Perranwell and Wendron. The same thing happened when Pendeen and Troon were in the league.

Teams that charge on the gate/entrance are Falmouth, Penryn, Penzance, Porthleven, St Agnes, Helston, Illogan, Hayle, St Ives and Newquay, as did Truro, Mousehole, Marazion Blues and Goonhavern when they were league members.

On a personal level if I get in the ground before the gate person arrives I will go and pay unless it is at St Agnes where I give my entrance fee to aggiemaid when she comes selling her raffle tickets.

The going rate for the Combo is £2 for adults with £1 for concessions and o.a.p.s.

Programmes are available at each Perranporth and Penzance home game with sometimes available at Hayle and Ludgvan home games. It would be good if more clubs produced something even if it was a sheet of A4 with team lists and a bit of gossip printed.

Some teams do raffles or 50/50 to supplement their incomes. Each team has 19 home matches where they have to pay a referee's fee of £25 per match plus 35p per mile travelling. Over the season the referees fees are £475 plus travelling expenses.

The average gate per game in the league this season is 38 (but is probably much lower). Assuming a third the crowd pay £2 and a third £1 this means an income of £40 per game through the gate. Just enough to cover referees fees.

Guest Sam Boston

In the Combo, £2 is the usual charge, although Perranporth appear to also make a compulsory charge for the prog so anything from £2.50 if you haggle, to £4.50. If they get accepted into SWPL next season, they may find that being restricted to £3 + prog charge may reduce their budget lol.

For God's sake Judge stop flogging that dead horse!! The £4.50 charge printed in the priogrammes at that ONE Senior Cup game, as you have been told numerous times already, was a typo by the printer who has been severely shouted at over it.

Yes Perran charge £2.50 at Combo games which covers admission and a very nice full colour programme. We charge nothing at Fal/Hel or Duchy games yet, as with most clubs, still have to find the money for the refs for those games from somewhere. I don't think £2 (or £2.50 with programme) is too much to pay for an afternoons football at any level.

Rant over - I'm off to Helston to get soaking wet and freezing cold in the name of the game I love :yahoo:

Well i do agree £2.50 is a small price to pay to watch a footy game ( as the refs cost on average £35 including travel) but when we played at yours the programme's cover was Perranporth vs Newquay reserves and inside the Perranporths team etc were listed but on the opposite page it just said Perranwell afc! Pretty crap really as the west briton even puts the teams after the blog about the game! Good win today though! We have a semi tomorrow! (could be rude now but !)

Guest Sam Boston

Well i do agree £2.50 is a small price to pay to watch a footy game ( as the refs cost on average £35 including travel) but when we played at yours the programme's cover was Perranporth vs Newquay reserves and inside the Perranporths team etc were listed but on the opposite page it just said Perranwell afc! Pretty crap really as the west briton even puts the teams after the blog about the game! Good win today though! We have a semi tomorrow! (could be rude now but !)

Embarrasingly true Kempy and the printer has been given a severe talking to :SM_carton_y: :)