Cornwall Football Forum

Porthleven vs godolphin result

AT A VERY WINDY TRURO CITY PORTHLEVEN VS GODOLPHIN TOOK PLACE.

GODOLPHIN TOOK THE LEAD 1-0

PORTHLEVEN EQUALISED DUE TO A SUPER SUB FROM MARKSY BRINGING ON MIKEY DAVIES AND THE YOUNGSTER EQUALISING.

THEN DEEP DEEP INTO EXTRA TIME BEING PLAYED

A YOUNG KEV LAWERNCE STILL FULL OF LIFE BROKE DOWN THE RIGHT TO MEG THE KEEPER IN WHAT MUST OF BEEN THE LAST MINUTE SEALING THE WIN.

A GOOD GAME.. A VERY VOCAL G ARMY SINGING NEARLY ALL MATCH GIVING ME A HEADACHE LOL.

WELL DONE PORTH.

UNLUCKY GODOLPHIN.

:c::yahoo: :thumbsup:

Guest WINNO

Thought Mikey Davies was a Truro SWPL player!!!!

Well he was saturday I saw him come on as a sub against Vospers has he gone back to Port?? :c:

I was bemused by this myself. I also watch Mike play for truro last week v Penzance. I persume he still plays for Truro but is registered to play in the Charity cup for porthleven assigned and played in the cup prior to leaving. ( surprised robbo wasn't playing)

These are probably the rules ( unless hes gone back, in which case sorry!) but again, good sportsmanship, it's not cheating !!!

Exactly my point from yesterday!!

Maybe we will see Stu Reynolds line up for Penzance in the final! :D

Guest Frodo

HOW CAN M DAVIES PLAY FOR TRURO SWPL ON SATURDAY AND PORTHLEVEN SWPL ON WEDNESDAY ? IS THIS ALLOWED ? OR IS IT JUST IN THE CHARITY CUP ? MAYBE SOMEONE CAN COME ON HERE AND EXPLAIN IT OR DO PORTHLEVEN GET THROWN OUT FOR FIELDING AN ILLEGIBLE PLAYER ? :SM_carton:

An excellent semi final cup tie played in a very good spirit and i must say very well refereed. Good to see a ref try to keep the game flowing as much as possible.

The boys were deperately dissapointed to lose the match so late on after putting so much effort in, playing so well and pushing one of the Countys top sides to the very limit.

All in all, another fantastic effort from every one of this fantastic group of players who are still on this incredible journey from Junior football. I'm sure it won't be very long before we achieve success at this level.

Big thank you to the "G Army for their support (again), massive !!!

Good luck to Gary and Porthleven in the Final.

Guest Frodo

SO COME TO THE CHARITY CUP FINAL AND PENZANCE SIGN ON A FEW TOP SWPL PLAYERS FOR IT THEN PORTHLEVEN GO AND SIGN THE WHOLE TRURO TEAM TO PLAY SHOULD BE A TALENTED GAME. AND THE LADS THAT HAVE PLAYED ALL SEASON CAN HAVE A COLD SEAT IN THE STAND? GREAT STUFF WHY DIDNT THE OTHER TEAMS THINK OF THAT. TRUE SPORTSMEN EH :angry2:

Totally agree with you Frodo,if a player leaves a club ,then all cup competitions he has played in for his former club should be cancelled along with the registration to his former club.

Come on Cornwall CCFA sort this out .

Thought the boys did you proud last night Derek

Guest Man on the Post

Why just cup competitions? Why not all competitions, i.e. other leagues? It should be that you can only be signed on for one club. I saw in the local press a couple weeks ago that Dominic Pullen turned out for Probus in the ECPL. Shouldn't be allowed. :SM_carton: :SM_carton:

i agree with u frodo, but the rules states otherwise so i think the use of ringer is incorrect,

and as for the signing on comment, think find reason i was called in was because gary has a injury hit squad and he cant go out and sign someone to play in te competition, and as i was able to i said i would help out and go on the bench, likewise tom russell. fortunate for me an injury to chris strike the left back i was called apon i say fortunate because its a cup semi and course i would be silly not to play in it. and was fortunate to score also. i think was a pretty good game and credit to godolphin who never gave up, and played some great football at times, also big shout to the g fans who kept me entertain over on the left great support more clubs shud have a barmy "g" army.

if u say that then they wudnt of had 2 call upon mikey and tom for the game cuz they wud of had stu reynolds avaliable to play for them. its a competition both players played for porth in so what diff does it make if they use them there signed on a when u got several injuries and unavalible players its better to field a team than not at all. so dont b petty any other team woudl of done this and truro and the players where both willing to play so dont complain and get over it. and it cant b a ringer if they played over half a season!