Cornwall Football Forum

St Blazey v Wadebridge Town

Lost 3-1 tonight. Linesman was absolutely hopeless - cost us at least three clear chances with WRONG decisions.

Very frustrating after excellent perfomances of late.

Well done Wadebridge - looked a lot better than when we saw them at Bodieve in January.

Attendance: about 95

Dan - it's so funny how which side you're following affects your view :D . I thought linesman got most of the decisions right.

Agree it's sometimes difficult to see when someone runs from deep amongst the other two or three strikers that are staying high, then trying to play themselves back onside in the same phase of play. But I saw two of those go against Wadebridge as well.

I think Wadebridge were definitely worth the three points tonight - taking an early three goal lead and then stopping St Blazey settling on the ball. You did have two close efforts late on, especially the one that rattled the 'woodwork' from close in.

It didnt help that both central defenders were either stopped by the police or they got caught up in an accident and when they said they were travelling to play football they held them up for an hour and so they didnt arrive at the ground until we were 3-0 down!! Bloody typical when weve been playing much better of late. Wadebridge played well and desearved to be 3-0 up. Great goal from our new lad to pull one back.

Oh well.....bring on Withy on saturday. :D

Guest Peppermint

Fair assessment by Paul - I watched the match and Wadebridge Town throughly deserved to win but the St Blazey goal was well taken.

I thought the officials had quite good games - got most things right.

Guest plainmoor

Don't forget that Parkway were not allowed to enter FA competitions this year because of ground grading, their changing rooms were too far away from the pitch with no secure walkway, so if they are not allowed in again does that open it up for the team finishing 11th ?????????

No club will be considered for acceptance below 10th.place and there is no guarantee for any club outside the top 4.

As I see it only Bodmin from Cornwall and Buckland from Devon are the only SWPL contenders who could qualify from the top 4 (as at present league standings).

The only other clubs who could be accepted are Tavistock,Saltash,Launceston,Cullompton,St.Blazey.Wadebridge,Liskeard and Falmouth-BUT only if they make the the top ten and then compete for limited vacancies.

this ruling applies to all the step 6 National leagues.

Guest The Judge aka RED OR DEAD

Can I express my sympathies to all those clubs who do not make the 'cut' for the FA Cup, I have stated for the last 18 months on how unfair the whole situation is.

Perhaps a St Blazey v Newquay FA Vase match will cheer some up !