Cornwall Football Forum

That Newquay equaliser

There is a possibility that,because of goal scored by Mr.Chris Luxton against Hayle,Newquay could be playing in the CSWL Premier Division next season.There is a good deal of evidence that this goal ought not have been taken.Unfortunately,Mr.Luxton could well suffer much vituperation ovr the coming weeks-this he will have to live with.Just why young Mr.Luxton chose to "score" is debatable:youthful naivety? not a chance-after all someone who is old enouogh to father a child;and almost ready to fight for his Country is as street-wise as most of his seniors.

As yet we have heard nothing from the lad:who no doubt acted with spontanity.From which taciturnity we may all draw our own conclusions.I don,t suppose it matters a damn.I just feel sad that a respected and popular club like Newquay should be unwittingly be associated with cheating.

I for one don't think Newquay will get promoted this season, much to the annoyance of the Judge and the Newquay faithful. The better players in the squad will get picked off by the "big boys" and Newquay will be back to square one....... stuck in Div 1 West for another season!!

your statement rubbish lol lol

Guest The Judge aka RED OR DEAD

I have a few problems with this thread. One it is in the Combo/ECPL forum and not SWPL. Two, to state that Newquay will not win promotion is premature, we might go up, we might not. One thing is for certain, the squad will remain at Mount Wise and will be added to during the summer, there is more chance of me becoming a Falmouth fan than our 'top' players leaving. Yes some fringe players may go but that is up to them, we would prefer everyone to stay and play for the club that has been good to them. However, the offers that have already been rejected by 'top' players clearly show that there is loyalty on the pitch as well as off it.

As for Chrissy Luxton, the lad is class and has a great future ahead of him at Mount Wise (unless PAFC see the error of their ways).

As for calling someone a cheat or worse, please be very careful, as such comments may cause offence and we are delicate souls at Newquay !

Looking forward to watching the team with the best disciplinary record in SWPL 1 West against the worst offenders in the Div this Sat... go figure !

This post is in the wrong section of the site. I wouldn't want any controversies associated with the Combo team - we will make our own!

Maradona went on to fulfil an acceptable career so I think that Chris will cope. I am not sure that any player would get home after the game and think 'I must post an explanation on the soccer forum'. Whilst I am sure it would be interesting to read, it just doesn't happen.

And the word cheat implies that the rules of the game were broken - unfortunately that is factually inaccurate. It may be better to suggest that unsportsmanlike behaviour resulted in the equaliser, but I guess that isn't quite as controversial given that it happens a fair bit in football.

I hope Newquay are able to secure promotion and I hope that this one result has no real significance in the grand scheme of things.

Guest that chrissy luxton!

first of all i aint on here to join in with the debate, yes what i did wasnt very sporting, i can see that now but at the time my team were about to lose and i had the chance to change the score line, i didnt break any laws of the game either, i didnt think of what i was doing at the time and looking back on it now i maybe shouldnt have done it, however if the hayle players didnt react in the manner they did i would have probibly asked my team to let hayle score, but wen some one threw me to the floor i wasnt going to do that, this is the first time ive been on here since the incident and now am sayin sorry to all the hayle players and other people involved with the club, what i did maybe wasnt right but i cant change the past! i would also just like to say sorry to anyone involved with newquay that i may give a bad name to!

Guest plainmoor

first of all i aint on here to join in with the debate, yes what i did wasnt very sporting, i can see that now but at the time my team were about to lose and i had the chance to change the score line, i didnt break any laws of the game either, i didnt think of what i was doing at the time and looking back on it now i maybe shouldnt have done it, however if the hayle players didnt react in the manner they did i would have probibly asked my team to let hayle score, but wen some one threw me to the floor i wasnt going to do that, this is the first time ive been on here since the incident and now am sayin sorry to all the hayle players and other people involved with the club, what i did maybe wasnt right but i cant change the past! i would also just like to say sorry to anyone involved with newquay that i may give a bad name to!

Top Man

bang another gola in this saturday. yes top man

Well done Chrissy, you have explained yourself very well. Looking forward to a cracking end of season, starting with Foxhole this Saturday.

Guest keano

The lad didnt break any rules !!!! I know this type of thing is seen as un-sporting but hey ho ,

what newquay as a club need to do now and im sure they will is look after this young man.

My advise to the player would be not to get involved in any debate about what happened on here , its happened now , nothing anyone can do about it ,

Well done and thank you for your explanation of your version of events. It takes a brave man to admit he is wrong and you have earned yourself more respect. the incident has passed and will long be forgotten come saturday, i do hope you have a less eventfull end to your season and fulfill the clubs potential. i also hope that if a situation like that arises again then you will have learnt from this and your judgement will fair better next time.

Good luck for the rest of the sesaon.

If.... and thats a big IF.. Newquay do not get promoted, the summer will become a very long time Judge. It will be great for the squad and Newquay in general if they all stayed together, but football is not like that. Lots of these players will not want to have ANOTHER season in Division 1, when someone is offering them the chance to play in the Premier league. An extra 15 bucks and a higher league tempts an awful lot of players these days!! After all, we all must, as footballers, try to play as high a standard as possible for as long as we can...surely!!

How could you want to win but then think ah no I'd better let them score, but not now, they've thrown me to the floor. You only had 1 thing in mind. I used to play for Truro and St. Agnes all through my youth days, they certainly taught me about the sporting rule. So how come a professional club wouldn't do the same.

Jasa,

Chrissy has come on and offered his apologies and an explanation, as he says he cannot change the past. I am lucky enough to teach Chrissy at school and he has not stopped thinking about his actions since the weekend. As he correctly says he can not change what he did, and I believe that he will bounce from this and not find himself in a situation like this again. St Day No.1 has accepted the only solution that is on offer after the event and that is an apology.

We are all taught to be sporting, however, no matter what standard and what situation people display acts of gamesmanship. Some worse than others. This was one of them situations.

I believe it is time to leave this discussion to die out. Newquay and Hayle the two clubs that matter in the game have exchange words, Officials and Chrissy from Newquay have offered their apologies. There is nothing more to gain form carrying this on, Chrissy has explained himself, nothing more can be done apart from this act not being repeated in the future.

I do respect that Dudas as it takes a big man to admit he's done wrong. I was just questioning how sorry. As you know the guy and have seen him all week to be down then I have to believe he is sorry. After all as I said I don't personally know the guy so I cannot say if this is out of character or not!

Cheers,

Jasa :c:

well done wee man!! on to the next game now ya wee s"£$e and I want a goal or two....

YAAAASSSSS

Come on Robbo, it's only Foxhole, you beat them singlehanded last time LOL. Seriously though the Foxes have had some decent results of late and 2moro will be a tough match, looking forward to at least 13 goals, 3 :SM_carton: and 7 :SM_carton_y: and many :drink:

Come on Robbo, it's only Foxhole, you beat them singlehanded last time LOL. Seriously though the Foxes have had some decent results of late and 2moro will be a tough match, looking forward to at least 13 goals, 3 :SM_carton: and 7 :SM_carton_y: and many :drink:

foxes have had a few crackin results, will be a good-un... hopefully we come out the blocks! (and worst comes to worst we'll get chrissy to nick an equalizer in the dying minutes!!) :P either way i'll be in the bar :drink: