Cornwall Football Forum

S. Taylor

Guest Chris B

Guest Helston Patriot

Does any body else agree that steven taylor should get a lengthy ban for his deliberate elbow to the face of arshavin?? What a disgrace!! :SM_carton: :SM_carton:

i think the main thing in this incident is that u clearly see Taylor take a look to his left to see where Arshavin was before deliberatley puttin his forearm across him, it was pre medidated, ok how much it hurt is debatable, but, it was deliberate, no excuse

Sorry chaps, I'm going to have to disagree with you on this one. I have just watched the incident half a dozen times (good old sky plus) and this is how I see it:

Taylor looks over his shoulder and sees Arshavin making ground. He starts to extend his arm outwards in order to block off his run and see the ball out. Arshavin, not being the tallest player around, also seems to drop down and Taylor's arm extends outwards to what would have been around chest height and he makes contact with Arshavin's face with the back of his hand without a great deal of momentum. At no point did he elbow Arshavin in the face, It was a foul and a very clumsy challenge but Arshavin was thankfully not injured in the incident.

Watch it again and let me know what you think. I do agree that the glance back does make you think that it may have been a premeditated effort but at second glance I don't think it is a malicious act to cause injury.

No i agree with the last post, i dont think there was real malice in the challenge, yes he looks in Arshavins general direction but whos to say he wasnt just vhecking his surroundings, he was defending a long ball after all.

Ive seen much worse challenges on the tv this season, most of which in Championship, League One and League Two and i certainly dont think that Taylor deserves a ban. :c: