Cornwall Football Forum

Rooney

What is wrong with this bloke?

The petulance he shown after getting his marching orders yesterday was beyond belief. Swearing at and abusing the referee and thumping the corner flag don't make a pretty sight. Some may say he is passionate about the game he plays but to me he is an out-of-control hothead who is in danger of not achieving his true potential. I remember Billy Bremner many years ago developing into one of the world's great players after he had got that infamous temper of his under control, Will Rooney be able to do the same?

What do other people think?

Haven't seen yesterdays action yet but I don't think I need to - seen it many times before and many times live. As a Chelsea supporter I have seen 2 of ours start the same. Essien is now fully under control and Mikel is well down that road. Rooney is a lost cause in my opinion. If Fergie can't make him behave ...

I think you'll find that yesterday was his first red card since the World cup in 2006 (Ronaldo incident) over 2.5 years ago. All United fans (who watch the games regularly, so actually know (unlike yourself)) will tell you that the way he has behaved since then has been admirable. Yesterday was a one off, and although I think the second yellow was harsh (in my opinion Rooney was throwing the ball to where the free kick was to be taken), I can't condone his actions as he left the pitch. However, once in 2.5 years...... who can honestly say that they havn't lost their temper in the last 2.5 years?

I suggest that you look at the conduct of your own team before spouting off about others. The game against Hull showed what Arsenal are all about. The arrogant manager refusing to shake hands after the game, the club captain spitting at the opposing assistant manager. Also the reported blazing dressing room rows after matches reported earlier in the season, not to mention that half the players don't seem to like Gallas. Troubles behind the scenes always end up affecting the team and affecting the results. So... United, champions of England, Europe and The World. Rooney's so called temper problem is obviously having an effect there then. Arsenal, Last won something... you'll have to remind me of when that was, currently sat in 4th and wouldn't even be there if Villa hadn't shot themselves in the foot.

Clearly the whole of Arsenal has the problems, not Rooney.

Guest tafc.-gaffa

Although i hate utd i can only say that is a passion to win,so if you take that way from him he will become half the player and as an England fan i dont want that.

Sometimes with raw brilliant talent comes the rough edges and that is English passion at its best and worst. He has'nt killed anyone so let him be, im sure Fergy will get the right reaction from him once the hairdryer comes out and that can only help our national team.

From a Liverpool fan with a sly smile on the suspension side of it!!!!!

I think you'll find that yesterday was his first red card since the World cup in 2006 (Ronaldo incident) over 2.5 years ago. All United fans (who watch the games regularly, so actually know (unlike yourself)) will tell you that the way he has behaved since then has been admirable. Yesterday was a one off, and although I think the second yellow was harsh (in my opinion Rooney was throwing the ball to where the free kick was to be taken), I can't condone his actions as he left the pitch. However, once in 2.5 years...... who can honestly say that they havn't lost their temper in the last 2.5 years?

I suggest that you look at the conduct of your own team before spouting off about others. The game against Hull showed what Arsenal are all about. The arrogant manager refusing to shake hands after the game, the club captain spitting at the opposing assistant manager. Also the reported blazing dressing room rows after matches reported earlier in the season, not to mention that half the players don't seem to like Gallas. Troubles behind the scenes always end up affecting the team and affecting the results. So... United, champions of England, Europe and The World. Rooney's so called temper problem is obviously having an effect there then. Arsenal, Last won something... you'll have to remind me of when that was, currently sat in 4th and wouldn't even be there if Villa hadn't shot themselves in the foot.

Clearly the whole of Arsenal has the problems, not Rooney.

This is a bit rich coming from a Man U "fan".

A few points:

1. I was talking about Rooney, not Man U. You seem to have dragged this into a team thing.

2. "Admirable"? I doubt it! He's always mouthing off to officials. A string of "F" words is his favourite tirade.

3. Throwing the ball to where the free kick was to be taken. Who are you kidding? It was a loss of temper. Any idiot could see that!

4. How the hell can you criticise Wenger when Ferguson arrogantly refuses to speak to the media after matches?

5. Nothing has been proved about Fabregas. It's more than likely a load of rubbish as well.

6. "Half the players don't seem to like Gallas" - now you're spouting about other teams.

Hypocrisy at its best (or worst!) :SM_carton:

Guest toaster15

i have seen worse throws than that and they have got away with it

I haven't?? He didn't throw it back to where the free kick was, he blatently threw the ball at the ref! The ball flew past where the free kick was.

100% sending off , both had to be cards, but i do think he threw the ball in frustration, stupid but had to be a card

but how on earth did the winker stay on the pitch;

the way he spoke to the ref he should have been straight red card, who the f**k does he think he is asking the ref to come to him if he wanted to speak to him, then carries on moaning like a baby

the way in which he went in 2 footed which anyone knows he had no intention of going for the ball

The ball went straight into Evans hands!

However Rooney had to go. End of the day I think he threw it out of frustration, yes it was in the direction of where the kick was awarded but you cant react like that. Thing is with Rooney is he wears his heart on his sleeve and sometimes he just cant control his temper and is obviously not a good loser, how many true winners are? There are people in the world like that, Im sure we have all been guilty but because he is public figure is gets highlighted.

As a United fan I cant stand to see him react like he does sometimes with his verbals, same as Ronaldo thinking every touch is a free kick, but I think, to a certain degree, the refs need to take responsibility. If they actually start taking action against those players who verbally abuse them it will soon stop. Similar with the wrestling that goes on at corners etc, why delay the kick being taken to have a word, let the kick be taken and award a penalty. Pretty sure after a few being given it would soon stop. Diving. If after a game with tv evidence you can tell a player has clearly tried/succeeded in cheating give the a red card and a ban. Again Im pretty sure you would soon see it decreasing.

The ball went straight into Evans hands!

However Rooney had to go. End of the day I think he threw it out of frustration, yes it was in the direction of where the kick was awarded but you cant react like that. Thing is with Rooney is he wears his heart on his sleeve and sometimes he just cant control his temper and is obviously not a good loser, how many true winners are? There are people in the world like that, Im sure we have all been guilty but because he is public figure is gets highlighted.

As a United fan I cant stand to see him react like he does sometimes with his verbals, same as Ronaldo thinking every touch is a free kick, but I think, to a certain degree, the refs need to take responsibility. If they actually start taking action against those players who verbally abuse them it will soon stop. Similar with the wrestling that goes on at corners etc, why delay the kick being taken to have a word, let the kick be taken and award a penalty. Pretty sure after a few being given it would soon stop. Diving. If after a game with tv evidence you can tell a player has clearly tried/succeeded in cheating give the a red card and a ban. Again Im pretty sure you would soon see it decreasing.

If you read this, then you'll find that the ref said Rooney did not swear at him. The FA says there was no abuse, and i've read on other sites that the ref said there was no abuse from Rooney, just a heated exchannge of words.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/e...rem/7960276.stm

jim,

please read post clearly first before replying or take of yr blinkers,

i was replying to th post that in it gillo states the ball went straight to evans hands, so go watch again

Ok, so the ball goes straight to Evans' feet.

Was there really any need to bring that up then? The way you put it suggests that the ball goes no where near Evans hands. If the throw was about 2.5 foot higher, it would have gone straight into Evans' hands.

So, why did you bring it up? Are you a little bit pedantic, or were you just trying to create a false image of dissent by Rooney for others to believe?

jim,

if you read my first post you will see i have said i think rooney acted out of frustation when chucking ball, but 2 say he as chucking it to evans is a bit daft, you and i both know that was not his intention, just lucky evans was where he was.

i am not "trying to create a false image of dissent by Rooney for others to believe" but i think some people have looked at what happened with there blinkers on, as i do when watching chelsea(but never when drog rolls around like a baby)

Hand feet I apologise cornish blue I hang my head in shame!!

Hardly think I had my "blinkers" on. The words the followed the "hands" statement were "However Rooney had to go". As you seem to like picking holes in my earlier posts perhaps you should read them properly before doing so.

gillo, not looking to pick, just thought you ment the ball was chucked to evans , i think he just chucked it out of frustration in the direction of the ref who was standing where the kick should have been taken from and evans happened to be behind ref.

i think it is a shame because england need him to be on fire for the world cup quallif, that we have , but will he learn? i don,t think so