Cornwall Football Forum

Most skillful player youv'e played with

tafc gaffa carts aint skillful at all??? quality player but he's an old school type player like jonny harris, takes on his man with ease but got no skills in his locker to do it!!!

unless your talking about his unique to ride leg breaking challenges!! Never seen anything like it for that!!

chris staniforth is one of the only players iv seen who'd try all sorts of skills to beat his man and when they come off its magic.

tafc gaffa carts aint skillful at all??? quality player but he's an old school type player like jonny harris, takes on his man with ease but got no skills in his locker to do it!!!

unless your talking about his unique skill to ride leg breaking challenges!! Never seen anything like it for that!!

chris staniforth is one of the only players iv seen who'd try all sorts of skills to beat his man and when they come off its magic. doesnt always come off tho!!

dunno what the f**k happened there

Guest tafc.-gaffa

unless your talking about his unique to ride leg breaking challenges!! Never seen anything like it for that!!

chris staniforth is one of the only players iv seen who'd try all sorts of skills to beat his man and when they come off its magic.

Well there is a shock you slating my post and my player!!!!

Carter is quality and goes past people with the ball stuck to his foot, hes done it all season for me and scored a decent amount of goals so your wrong!!!

As for stani if you call knocking the ball 30 yards past a full back and beating him for speed "all sorts of skills" then il totally disagree with you cos thats ll hes got in his locker!!!!

Well there is a shock you slating my post and my player!!!!

Carter is quality and goes past people with the ball stuck to his foot, hes done it all season for me and scored a decent amount of goals so your wrong!!!

As for stani if you call knocking the ball 30 yards past a full back and beating him for speed "all sorts of skills" then il totally disagree with you cos thats ll hes got in his locker!!!!

you aint gotta tell me bout how good carts is i know, and i have actually said he is quality if u actually read my post without your 'everyones against torpoint' blinkers on. all im saying is if this topic is about the most skillful player then i personally wouldnt say he is that skillfull. he does fly past players (which i also said) but is an old school winger like giggsy. he doesnt use or need tricks to beat players.

you know stani has plenty of skills, they dont always come off but when they do its looks quality. id also put my brother rohan brown up there as well, beats players with ease and has all the tricks in the book, he just cant see the ball at his feet now due to a rather large belly!!!

best thing iv ever seen in a game is somebody 'pele flick' mutley, a few years ago in the last game of the season, he was the left back for the other team, some people just stood there and clapped!!

well, tough one really, my era is well before some of you youngsters but going on what ive seen the last few years,

James Wilcox penryn combo has amazing skills

Mark "minto" Kent from the mighty tine has been awesome this season for us, hope we can keep hold of him.

Dale Knowles of mawnan is playing well below his standard.

James Miller, i think everyone will agree hes probably number one for skill.

but my number one this season has to be Ian "knackered after my celebration" Grant.

Good luck Athletic in the Junior Cup, gutted its not the mighty tine.

Phil M

:smiley20::ninja: :smiley20:

Guest edgcumbetillidie

I remember that pele flick on mutley bigdawg. What made it all the better is that it was our last game of the season and the team we were playing against's last game ever as they were folding. They were about 8-1 down and then i witnessed that. It was some real "escape to victory" shit.

Mutley just stood there. Everyone was clapping and you knew that Mutts just wanted the ground to eat him up. Amazing!

Got to be Ashley Farrow at Falmouth Athletic Res. That lad's like Kaka! Anyone who's seen him practicing his spins in the warm up will agree.

Pidgeon also has an amazing ability to completely fool everyone on the pitch into thinking he's going to save it and then, somehow, drop it into the top corner! Pure class.

Few years ago I had the pleasure to play with the mighty Graham Bettison. Now here is a player who could turn defenders inside out all day long. If he was still playing now he could possible turn out for Truro City

One problem though - no matter how much space you was in or how much you shouted at him he just did not know how to pass the bloody ball. In the end you ended up having to tackle your own player.

Blooody nice chap as well though. :D

Guest edgcumbetillidie

i have to agree with bigdawg, carts isnt that skillfull

hes class sure but i would never describe him as skillfull and neither would he!

maybe we should get stani and carts to do a skill skool lol

skyblues funny you should say that as we are meant to be doing a Skill School for the website. Maybe we could invite Carts up? And tafc-gaffer... if you fancy it?!

It all depends on what's you're definition of skill?. Is a skillful player somebody who has an outrageous box of tricks etc (which can only be opened occasionally) . Or is a skillful player somebody that is able to find a team mate with every ball he plays and generally keep a team in control of a game?

Debates like this one can go on and on and on and on. I just think that the most skillful players out there are the ones that can actually PLAY the game. Just remember when a certain Cristiano Ronaldo came onto the scene, he had tricks coming out of his backside and defenders had other things coming out of their backsides, BUT, most of the time he didn't actually do anything, did he?. There was NO end product at all.

Tricks are not skills, being able to play the game, now that's a skill..

Guest radioman

It all depends on what's you're definition of skill?. Is a skillful player somebody who has an outrageous box of tricks etc (which can only be opened occasionally) . Or is a skillful player somebody that is able to find a team mate with every ball he plays and generally keep a team in control of a game?

Debates like this one can go on and on and on and on. I just think that the most skillful players out there are the ones that can actually PLAY the game. Just remember when a certain Cristiano Ronaldo came onto the scene, he had tricks coming out of his backside and defenders had other things coming out of their backsides, BUT, most of the time he didn't actually do anything, did he?. There was NO end product at all.

Couldn't of said it better myself!

Hell, I didn't expect anyone to agree with me. This must be a first for me on this forum. :unsure:

Guest radioman

Hell, I didn't expect anyone to agree with me. This must be a first for me on this forum. :unsure:

Really?!

Guest tafc.-gaffa

This is the reason i named Andy Carter of Torpoint duchy premier side as he might not balance a ball on his nose till hes fed fish but he can skin 4 or 5 players while riding leg breaking challenges then delivering an inch perfect cross for a striker to tuck away. Now that is something not alot can do week in week out!!!!

there is a certain comedian on this site. ronaldo when he first came here didnt do anything.ahahah.....hahaha.

i kno he has changed, but he has only learnt to pass it a bit more often. and when he first came here he was greedy and just did loads of "SKILLS". tht still makes him skillful. just cos there wasnt quite as much end product doesnt make him not skillful.

he did do things. mainly stepovers and flicks and most of them worked. so that is still doing skills.

and now he is more proflific infornt of goal therefore is the best player in the world. all though this season he has been quiet. back from injury and couldnt get back into his stride. but even still he rapes most teams.

COOPSIE keep the jokes coming!

there is a certain comedian on this site. ronaldo when he first came here didnt do anything.ahahah.....hahaha.

i kno he has changed, but he has only learnt to pass it a bit more often. and when he first came here he was greedy and just did loads of "SKILLS". tht still makes him skillful. just cos there wasnt quite as much end product doesnt make him not skillful.

he did do things. mainly stepovers and flicks and most of them worked. so that is still doing skills.

and now he is more proflific infornt of goal therefore is the best player in the world. all though this season he has been quiet. back from injury and couldnt get back into his stride. but even still he rapes most teams.

COOPSIE keep the jokes coming!

Spoken like a typical blinkered buffoon. PLEASE read the WHOLE post that I wrote and realise that I CLEARLY stated MY OPINION. Just because you do not agree with it, does not mean it's rubbish or a joke.

I'm guessing you're also saying that all those pundits and commentators knew nothing when they were ALL saying the exact same thing about Ronaldo when he came onto the scene. Infact, that useless, unknowledgable manager at Man Utd also used to publically say the same thing and often gave him many "dressing downs" because he'd use too many TRICKS.

The TRICK is to be able to beat or get past your marker, The SKILL is to get the ball where it needs to be.

That is MY OPINION Vladimirschmediscsthoff, I'm sorry if you don't like it or agree with it and I'm sorry I didn't ask your permission or gain your approval before voicing it. Lesson well and truly learned and will be taken into account in the future if necessary.

Sorry

Really?!

Ofcourse, as has been clearly demonstrated by Sir Vladimirschmediscsthoff..

That's why I tend to keep my opinion to myself and not anger or upset such valued members of this forum :rolleyes:

Coopsie I agree too!

Leave Vlada....... alone though. He is only 12 and wasnt really watching the game when Ronaldo 1st came here, he has only seen the vastly improved Ronaldo of the last 2 years. As a United fan I can only hope that Nani improves in the same way cos that bloke does my tits in!! :unsure::angry:

Vlad, get on with my grass, its getting long again!!

Coopsie I agree too!

Leave Vlada....... alone though. He is only 12 and wasnt really watching the game when Ronaldo 1st came here, he has only seen the vastly improved Ronaldo of the last 2 years. As a United fan I can only hope that Nani improves in the same way cos that bloke does my tits in!! :unsure::angry:

Vlad, get on with my grass, its getting long again!!

Thanks Gillo, I appreciate that mate. As for Vladimirschmediscsthoff, well I don't know if you're winding me up about his age etc. However, if he is a youth, I'll say the same as I do about those young "kids" that play football against men on a saturday afternoon. You know the ones, they end up on the end of a slightly hard but fair challenge and the next thing you've got is his whole team in your face saying "he's just a kid for f**k sake"..

That pees me off mate, I was one of those "kids" once upon a time and my attitude will never change. If you're going to mix it with the big boys, you have to take what the rest of the big boys do..

no. your wrong coopsie. im 17. and i dont mind a hard challenge as long as its fair. but if you get takles like high studs straight through your legs when your dribbling showing your skills it takes the pi$$. and mate i wouldnt mind mixing it against you coopsie. anytime mate. how old are you by the way?

and it was my opinion that ronaldo was ridiculouslyskillful when he first came here. but now he has improved but the skills are less and less. but he has improved as a footballer not a trikster!

cheers gillo as well. im coming round now! with the John deere!!!!

no. your wrong coopsie. im 17. and i dont mind a hard challenge as long as its fair. but if you get takles like high studs straight through your legs when your dribbling showing your skills it takes the pi$$. and mate i wouldnt mind mixing it against you coopsie. anytime mate. how old are you by the way?

and it was my opinion that ronaldo was ridiculouslyskillful when he first came here. but now he has improved but the skills are less and less. but he has improved as a footballer not a trikster!

cheers gillo as well. im coming round now! with the John deere!!!!

For f**k sake, do you read anything?. I NEVER said YOU have a problem with being challenged did i?. I also never once mentioned anybody tackling with high studs etc. I was merely pointing out to Gillo about age not being an excuse for ignorance..

Why the heck would you want to "mix it" with me, I'm old enough to be your father for gods sake. Showing off the odd trick is part of the game, as is some big lump of a defender wanting to take chunk or two out of the trickster.

Your unfortunate slip up is to admit I'm right, without even knowing it. You admit that Ronaldo is much improved as a footballer. You come to this conclusion by deducing that he has cut back on what you refer to as "skills", but I refer to as "tricks". You then admit that by working on the rest of his game, he has improved as a footballer.

You're spot on young man, and that was the EXACT point I made before you attempted to ridicule and dismiss my opinion. That point being, in MY opinion, a player with PRODUCT to his game is vastly more SKILLful than somebody with a few tricky stepovers and fancy flicks.

Care to read the 2 opinions of the more mature users after I made my original point and you'll see that they also agree with me. When I was 17 mate, I used to think the exact same way as you do. Turn on the tricks and make somebody look stupid and everybody will think I'm great.

Well it just doesn't work that way mate, players with that mentality (I already admitted I was one of those) are normally selfish players who only play the game for themselves. Over time, you come to realise that what most players, and managers, would prefer to have is a team player over a showboater any day of the week.

The SKILL is to be a valued member of the TEAM, not just be a valued member of your own ego. The point of football is to get the ball in the back of the net, the SKILL is to be able to get the ball where it needs to go. END OF... If you can't do that, all the tricks in the world are no good to you.

honestly im actually soryy coopsie. my biggest mistake is jumping to conclusions. which i have done here. i have made a mistake. and there again although im young still doesnt mean i cant mix it with you just cos your double my age or woteva! oh well sorry. sorry for the confusion. but i misunderstood your original posst about ronaldo. and my opinion is that he was skillful back then just as much as he is now but is more efficient now. and he may be a cocky one but still he is a valued member of a team. i can see that he has imporved.

ofcourse (world player of the year).

sorry coopsie wont be jumping to a silly jokey conclusion with you again.

IM SCARED. :mellow::unsure::blink:

im actually sorry bout the bit bout young players bout staurdays....JUST didnt realise you stereotype most of us like that!

:SM_carton: