Cornwall Football Forum

Jolly's Cornwall Combination League Cup Semi Final

Falmouth Town AFC are delighted to play host to this penultimate cup tie and would like to extend a warm welcome to the players and club members of both Perranporth FC and St.Just FC, together with all fans to Bickland Park for today's League Cup Semi Final. (K.O.3pm)

I look forward to meeting some of the CS Forum personalities too!!

Steve Kimberley

Chairman

Falmouth Town AFC

Best team won and best player on the day was a St Just guy!! ( Don't say Cainy as he is always but a couple of goals today too! ) but big no 10 is a very good player! wish he was a blue :c:

Yeah i'd second both of those statements, Neil Curnow was very good today and was unlucky to not find the net with one shot he had from distance.

Perranporth were clearly the better side and deserved the win though.

Guest Sam Boston

Thanks to all at Falmouth Town AFC for their hospitality today :clapper: Highlight of the day for me had to be hearing someone in the St Just dugout calling the ref a jelly!!! It was nice to meet you Major :D

Thanks to Falmouth for providing us all with a nice day. Agree with all the comments: Perranporth are too good for the combo and a scoreline of 3-1 was very acceptable. Good headers from Mike Cain, but our marking could have been better. I could comment on the Arquati Roll for the first free kick, but it would be churlish as P.P. deserved to win anyway !

Birdy hit the bar....at 3-2 the last minutes could have been interesting ! Well done to Perranporth and good luck to Peranwell too in the next semi ! :D

Yep ! In the last five matches against Perranporth away from Lafrowda Park, the Tinners have had SIX red cards....Tom Dann (twice), Charlie Jameson, Andy Dyer, Stuart Nicholls and Tim George. In the interests of balance, two Pilchards have also been dismissed. Three of the St Just dismissals were successfully appealed and quashed by CCFA. Four were the direct result of incidents involving Mr Arquati and his Roll. My wife the Drama Teacher was really impressed by his talent in staging falls.

Arquati, of course, is not one of the more common Cornish surnames. The Cornish record in diving is generally poor.

But all those red cards, and a yellow for Birdy on Saturday, that's a helluva return ! Ronaldo, eat your heart out ! :D

Guest Sam Boston

Alex actually came off shortly after that "roll" with blurred vision and suspected concussion :( (well SOMEONE'S got to stick up for the guy! :D )