Cornwall Football Forum

Callington 1-4 Penryn Athletic

Well, as the linesman for callington, i have not witnessed a game like this at all. Callington were not organised from the start, with some plyers not playing in their positions and before anyone criticises the absence of both mason brothers, we have played without them and won but they had personal issues. but that doesnt mean we give a performance like we did. at the end of the day its 11 v 11 and we deservedly had two players sent off for mouthing off twice and mouthing off and a two footed tackle from behind respectively.

before the match had begun, i could see the club wasnt happy with whom the referee was for the game. I will leave that for someone else to say the name. I spoke to him at half time which i also will not comment on but everyone thought the referee ruined the game, but doesnt other people.

as a linesman, the referee did what he could, and a lot of people did think he was on one side rather than both sides. he even didnt stop dishing out the cards. as you do, linesman get a lot of stick and abuse and a representative of penryn got booked for his abuse at me lol. he apologised and i took it on he chin he didnt mean it no-one really does, but THATS FOOTBALL you have ups you have downs. anyone else at the game want to comment. I think its a week FOR ALL CLUBS to forget.

I had a rear saturday off and also went to the game, I thought it was a hard fought game but with lots of mistakes being made by the players, but hey thats how goals are scored !! Thought the officials done o k and I was glad to see that foul mouthed woman expelled from the ground, every other word she spoke was F----g and S--t glad the Ref had the balls to deal with it. Callington did not perform today and Penryn were worthy winners.

Guest The Judge aka RED OR DEAD

Thought the officials done o k and I was glad to see that foul mouthed woman expelled from the ground, every other word she spoke was F----g and S--t glad the Ref had the balls to deal with it.

Even I havn't been ejected from a ground whilst watching Newquay... and it's not as if you can get a drink at Cally either !