Cornwall Football Forum

Stadium for Cornwall

Guest The Judge aka RED OR DEAD

Stadium for Cornwall

Created by Roger Curnow on 19/03/2009

Category: Sports

Region: Cornwall

Target: Mr Kevin Lavery, Chief Executive. Cornwall Council

We the undersigned call upon Cornwall Council to recognise and to act upon the need for a modern multi-functional Stadium for Cornwall.

It must become the responsibility of our new Cornwall Council to provide a Stadium for Cornwall with the modern facilities of which the people of Cornwall can be proud. A Stadium that would serve to inspire our local sportsmen and women, along with Cornish youngsters, who aspire to play their sport at the highest levels.

And I thought Mr H had this one sorted !

Guest Curnow

It seems the old Cornwall Council do not seem to rate a stadium very highly on their sporting agenda – if indeed they have one!

However the new CEO Kevin Lavery of Cornwall Council, made positive remarks about a Stadium for Cornwall during Tuesday’s (17/03/09) Laurence Reed show on Radio Cornwall, stating that Cornwall was a sporting county and an opportunity in that area could be looked at.

I don't know anyone who has an idea as to how Mr Heaney's plans towards a multi-functional stadium are progressing. But certainly, a petition will do no harm to show the depth of feeling thoughout the Duchy for a Stadium, and will provide ammunition for someone trying to get a Stadium on the agenda.

When the various canditates put themselves up for election on the new Cornwall Council unitary authority, it will be worth canvassing them as to their opinions for a Stadium for Cornwall.

Kernow bys vyken!

:c:

Guest stealth

judge grow up you ***** stop knocking mr heaney at the end of the day lots of clubs had the chance of mr heaneys money so why knock him now. NEWQUAUY are shite and it took truro players to put u on the map anyway dave streat, phil rider , make rapsey ,

Guest The Judge aka RED OR DEAD

Oh dear ! Have I hit that same nerve that has been exposed for soooo goddam long ?

Not exactly a man of his word or honour though is he ? And I seriously doubt that he would have 'invested' in any other club as most wouldn't have had the profit potential of the land at Treyew Road. As for the Newquay old boys, what the hell has that got to do with what H is not doing now ?

Now toodle off and give your clackervalve a rest.

Does anyone really think we could rely on any Council to spend our money on such a venture even if it could be shown it was necessary?

Restormel lost us something like £3 million in dodgy investments last year,will the new massive conglomerate be any more efficient with our money? I doubt it very much.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Peppermint

I agree with Mr Chairman's comments and it would not please everyone no matter where the stadium was located.

Stealth - if you are going to denegrate a good club like NEWQUAY have the decency to at least spell the town's name correctly!!!!!!!They may not be the best club in the County but an awful long way from the worst.

Great playing surface and the team's not doing too badly in the table!

As much as i think that this is a great idea, and would be delighted to see a multi-functional sports stadium in cornwall, i agree that it is very unlikely that the council will approve of it let alone fund it. if any project were to be approved it would have to be multi-functional, for the site to be used, the only worry that i would have would be how often would a facility like that get used and would any teams use the facility for matches. for example if it were to be built in or around truro would Truro city use the site for their home matches