Cornwall Football Forum

FHFL Results 21/03/2009

Guest mikey catterall

troon 2 constantine 3

constantine went 3-0 up after about 30 minutes troon faught back and hit the bar with virtually the last kick of the match and i had my only shot of the match cleard off the goal line but to be fair constantine could of scored alot more playing tennis with the woodwork good luck constantine u are a good bunch of lads.

troon scorers

scott smeeth (free kick)

paul carter (pen)

Constantine 3 Troon 2

Mark kent (pen)

Ian grant (30 yard screamer)

Matty pellow (awkward angled finish)

Was a well battled game there mikey, at 3-0 up we should have shut up shot but all credit to you coming back. but thought we could have scored alot more, but was not to be. good luck to you too. How come only 4 of your players came back to your pub?

Div 3: Falmouth Athletic 2 Frogpool 1

Very close game which was just edged by Falmouth but with a bit of luck towards the end it could of ended up in a draw!

We're gutted we didn't get at least a point from this 1 (which would have lifted us off the bottom as Carharrack also lost today). Sucker punch right before the HT whistle seen Falmouth take a 1-0 lead into the break. Falmouth then scored a second before we managed to pull one back & really pushed hard for the equaliser. I don't know how many we had whistling past the posts today. Another day they would have gone in. Anyways, best of luck for the rest of the season boys, was a good game. :c:

FHFL 1

Truro City 7-0 Falmouth Albion (Ht 2-0) :angry2:

Good young truro side took an early 2-0 lead. Albion had 2 great chances to pull an goal back (even I should have scored :( ), but Truro scored after each one to make it 4-0/ 3 goals in last 10 minutes to make it 7-0.

Well Tits Bramble. I do like to entertain! Ha Ha.

Even you must admit my stike just before half time was sweet.

Shame about the other 10 attempts! Oh and bar.

Must admit Frogpool had a good game. They should be higher in the league.

Do us a favour lads and take some points off the top teams!

And Jason Dyer......stop watching Ronaldo! Your dive at the end in the box was comical.

Good luck to Frogpool for rest of the season, great bunch of lads.

PS: Tits Bramble bring a tracksuit next week. Your gonna need it!

penryn 5-1 lizard

chris page (pen)

dan macdonald

kristan martin

quaid saunder

adam philpott

not at our best again today but cant complain alot more to come from this young side.

prynn,saunder,young,bush,n senior,d macdonald,willey,phillpott,k martin,c page

subs-j page,allen,a macdonald.

manager d martin

Guest Spenny

As all the Mawnan boys are out on the town Greg asked me to put an honest and unbiased post on here about the game today........ so here goes.

Chace 4 v 7 mawnan (aet) h.t 0.2 f.t 4.4

Mawnan's 12 men had much the better start, taking an early lead through their 'striker' Duncan Ayres, and added a second before when Greg 'i have my slippers on' renfree, lol, 'won' a penalty converted by Dammo.

second half started with a good strike from the mawnan left winger (soz dnt know his nane but makes greg look tall) and 'slippers' then 'won' is second pen of the game, somehow kicking our player in the back of the legs which the ref described as a stonewal penalty. lol

not sure if chace descided to start playing after giving them a head start, or if a small amount of complacency crept into mawnan's game. Anyway Mike Elliott 2, chris Tolley and Luke kelland scored in the last twenty five mins to take the game to extra.

kev Morris then scored two long range goals in he first period, the first direct from the kick off to put mawnan back in control. With chace nothing left in the tank Slippers scored the last goal of the afternoon.

Well i tried to be fair..... perhaps someone from the winning team should describe the ref's performance today or else it would seem like sour grapes!!or perhaps he should come on here and try to exlain some of his baffling decisions.

We will see mawnan next away in the league...... nil nil written all over it.

Fal 1

St Day 2-1 Mousehole

St day fully deserved the win and three points today, and were a lot more up for this than we were. Scrappy game in parts, could've gone either way but a fair result I thought. Just a note to say thanks to the St Day lads and lasses for the great food and pint in the clubhouse afterward :D Good luck for the rest of the season lads. Mousehole Keep

Guest mikey catterall

Constantine 3 Troon 2

Mark kent (pen)

Ian grant (30 yard screamer)

Matty pellow (awkward angled finish)

Was a well battled game there mikey, at 3-0 up we should have shut up shot but all credit to you coming back. but thought we could have scored alot more, but was not to be. good luck to you too. How come only 4 of your players came back to your pub?

im not sure about the rest of the boys but im on a curfew order i would of had a pint with u boys i just didnt have the time keep up the goodwork boys i reckon u will do ok next season in f/h 1 :thumbsup:

sunday independent f/h 2 results

cahharack 2 hayle 3

frogpool 3 wendron 1

lizard 1 camborne 2

porthleven 1 culdrose 1

rosudgeon 6 lanner 2

troon 2 constantine 3

Division 1

Falmouth Athletic 6-2 Perranwell

Holmans v Penryn

Pendeen 3-1 St Agnes

St Day 2-1 Mousehole

Stithians 1-4 Falmouth Town

Truro City 7-0 Falmouth Albion

Anyone know the Penryn score.

Cant update table at minute as website playing up, but St Day put themselves back in with a chance of staying up. Truro pushing for 2nd and Falmouth Town a big 3 points. Will hopefully put table on later

rosudgeon 6 lanner 2 h/t 1 - 0

Tight first half with chances for both sides. Rosudgeon went 1 up just before the break, then hit 2 more soon after. Lanner got 1 back and then hit the bar but after Rosudgeon got their 4th our heads seemed to drop and it was one way traffic from then on. Got a penalty for our 2nd, but it didn't make any difference by that point. Looks like that's it for us now then, never mind we'll keep going until the end of the season anyway. Well done Rosudgeon, totally deserved victory

Guest pete norfolk

Lizard 1 Camborne Park 2 HT 0-0

This encounter saw us Camborne Park turn up with a bare 11 due to injuries and watching plymouth.

First half only saw a few chances for both sides with Lizard hitting the bar and Camborne missing a one on one.

The second half was a lot better and Lizard took the lead when a cut back found the Lizard striker by himself for an easy chance which they took.

For the second week in a row Camborne equalised within a minute when a throw from Luke Williams was flicked on by Peter Norfolk for Stuart Hull to run onto and pass the ball past the keeper.

Ryan Croucher then got injured by making a tackle meaning we were basically playing with ten and had to soak up a lot of pressure before a ball over the top saw Peter Norfolk hit the ball against the keeper and then getting the rebound and passing it into an empty net.

Well played though to Lizard. Deserved at least a point from the game.

Well pete norfolks interpretation of yesterdays game is not accurate. It was a game that the lizard should have won, due to our lack of personnel but as we have done most of this season we show grit and determination and togetherness and it payed off yet again. I would like to point out that three teams that came up this year have showed there is nothing to fear in this league just play whats in front of you. Im looking forward to a good run in, but am not impressed with the amount of midweek games but you have to get on with it.

i hope the rest of the season continues in the way it has gone so far good luck for the rest of the season to all fhl2 teams.

1st of all to all at Chace apologieas for the lack of numbers at the pub but as you said Spenny we had a night out with the table booked for half 6, sure we will make up for it next time.

Scorer you missed was Len Benderyou who worked his arse off all game, superb! As for the game the 1st pen was clear as the blue skies above us. Spenny a man of your "experience" should have realised that with the free kicks the ref was giving us for pushes, yes some were harsh, that if you put your forearm into an opponents back and push him he will give a pen. As for the 2nd pen, looked stone wall from where I was, would you have claimed it had it been at the other end? Got to be honest think you should thank him for not sending anyone off, he was called every name under the sun, including the big ol C word several times. The sub who came on then 2 footed Damo in the thigh then threw the ball in his face without a yellow for either, then got a yellow for a swipe at Dj, a similar challenge broke a Hull players leg early this season.

Hats off to you guys for the comeback, showed great battling and spirit!! Aided by some shocking play by ourselves, not meaning to take anything away from you there. Should make the upcoming league games interesting!!

Great strike from Kev straight from kick off in extra time, nearly as good effort from the edge of the box 10mins later, think that 8 from 4 games now.

Guest Spenny

gillo10.... all i would say is... did you have a good night out sat lol ha ha...

but anyway..... how close were you to either of the 2x pens 'won'????? Not as close as me i suspect as i was involved in one and 2x feet away from the other. Greg laughing after the first was given saying this ref will give anything kind of sums that one up, and our player for the second has bruising to the back of his leg where greg, without malice it has to said, kicked him but was still awarded the pen.

I would also add that i was 'far too far way' from the couple of 'interesting' challenges made by our substitute on dammo and dj. Read into that what you can!!!!!

We can do it all again on sat mate..

spenny

as a "neutral" who came to watch the top 2 teams in fhl1, i agree with your comments on the pens!!!!!

very poor decisions by the ref

i think that when any free kicks were awarded to chace all the supporters cheered!!!!!!!!! says lots.

i do feel sorry for the ref though---- the abuse he got was bang out of order even if some of his rulings we a bit over the place---- they have been made.

it facinates me why people give the ref stick for their decisions, as they dont change their minds at all unless they speak to the linesman and accept what he says .

i will quite happily accept any foul language on behalf of the refs and only charge the player 1/2 of the booking charge---------------bahamas here i come

Was a good night out had by all.....i think!

!st pen I was looking straight at it. Saw you push Greg in the back, clear pen. 2nd pen i will take your word for it, guess these even out over the season but be warned we will be due another soon as have had at least 2 great shouts turned down this season! ;)

Guess thats the beauty of the game, we all see it differently and have massively different views of the same game.

As for the tackles, are you an Arsenal fan by any chance....."I didnt see the incident" :thumbsup:

Agree with with Muppy about some of the abuse, pot kettle black some may say coming from me. Hearing a kid of about 6 call the ref a C*** was certainly different.

The funniest thing I saw during the Chacewater game was Ollie Miller caught a Chace player and this old boy sat where the changing rooms are said " Fat little C*@#". Then half time this old boy gets up and I gotta admit he wasn't the slimmest!!

I did feel sorry for the ref he took quite a bit of abuse.

I feel they were both pens. Greg Renfree has been about for years and certainly used his experience.