Cornwall Football Forum

Mining League Results 21/03/2009

Jolly's Shield

Cornish Newboys 0 West Cornwall 2 (0-2 h/t)

The top two from Division 3 met in this Cup Quarter Final but you would'nt have believed, it as in my opinion, there was a lack of any real quality or free flowing periods of play!

The two West Cornwall goals came against the run of play, both from poorly defended set-pieces as the away side took that advantage into the interval. And apart from a couple promising attacks from Newboys in the Second half, it was the league leaders who were in control and looked more likely to increase their lead!

All the best to West Cornwall in the Semie Final!!

Jolly's Shield

Ludgvan 5 - 0 Redruth Utd Res (h/t 3-0)

The score flattered Ludgvan a bit but the best team won on the day, despite the best efforts of stand in Keeper Darin Thomas (don't think he will be offering to go in goal next week), 3 mistakes cost us dear and they took their chances and we did not, best of luck to Ludgvan in the next round

Guest theforceuk

Mineing 1:-

Threemilestone 3 - 4 St Ives Town RES HT/1-2

St Ives Scorers - Danny Paynter, Ross Duncan 2, James Warrel.

Outstanding performance by Ross Duncan.

Jolly's Shield

Cornish Newboys 0 West Cornwall 2 (0-2 h/t)

The top two from Division 3 met in this Cup Quarter Final but you would'nt have believed, it as in my opinion, there was a lack of any real quality or free flowing periods of play!

The two West Cornwall goals came against the run of play, both from poorly defended set-pieces as the away side took that advantage into the interval. And apart from a couple promising attacks from Newboys in the Second half, it was the league leaders who were in control and looked more likely to increase their lead!

All the best to West Cornwall in the Semie Final!!

Have to agree with the report, not a good day at the office, we probably just shaded it but new boys had more possession without really testing the keeper.

Good luck to new boys.

Guest lynchmob

Heamoor 0 Madron 2

Terrible game of football to watch, Madron opened the scoring with a great strike by Mark Salmon from a free kick, Heamoor pushed hard but Madron defended well the whole game and held out in the last 20 minutes.

Great result for Madron as they havn't had the best of results recently???????, we thought this game would be easy, but was made to pay for that mentality :angry:

Good luck to Madron reserves if they play like that they will pick up many more points yet.

Guest Mouth

Jubilee Cup

Newlyn NA 4 - 1 Mousehole

A fairly even encounter at the Aquarium, where Newlyn won after taking their chances a little better than the visitors. An early goal from Leo Gwynn converting an Adam Strowger cross got the Crabs up and running, before Will Wiltshire tapped home after the Mousehole keeper spilled a Callum Mitchell free-kick. Mousehole then had a good deal of possession for the last 20 of the first half but Newlyn held off to go in 2-0 up.

After a sluggish start to the second half, skipper Louis Vanhinsbergh headed in another Mitchell free-kick (does he score with his feet?) before Mitchell wrapped it up with a scuffed finish after going clean through on goal.

In the remaining few minutes, the Mousehole striker took advantage of a mix up in the Newlyn defence, with a quality finish.

A harder game for the Crabs than the scoreline might suggest, but our fitness and mentality prevailed in the end.

Well done to the Mousehole lads, and apologies once more for our terrible pitch.

Who else is left in the Jubilee?

Gulval 4 St Just Res 0

Gulval 3 up after 10 and scored the fourth with 5 to go.

Not at our best and St Just had some decent possesion which they could not convert into chances.

Nice day, good game topped off with the Reserves thumping Newlyn NA and Spurs winning!

I love those sorts of days!

Guest Markdavis

ludgvan reserves 5 - 0 Redruth reserves

ludgvan scorers

Adam Martin 1

Chris Goodall 1

Danny Ford 2

Steve 1 screamer from nearly the half way line.

Titans 3 SOM 1

another fantastic result for us today best team won no question could have been more too

Browner and lofty in the middle of the park outstanding jago and matt eddy at the back bloody great and everyone else worked there socks off for the team,Roll on next saturday UTT

Guest mikey catterall

four lanes 0 troon 6 shane richards 4 procter 1 jamie marles 1 .troon out played four lanes from the first minit to the last .man of match for troon richard scott ran is socks off .best of luck to four lanes for the rest of the season.

well done lads keep it up does anyone know the record for the most goals scored in a mining 1 season because i think shane might have already broke it i hear he is in the 50s i hope the lads go combo because most if not all the troon 1st team shouldnt be playing junior football thats no disrespect to junior leauges but

but u look at the names on the troon team sheet they might start having to charge supporters next season :lol:

TREVENSON 1 HALESTOWN 2

trevenson down to 10 men after 20 mins,very hard work for the players in yesterdays heat,0-0 till 70 min,halestown scored trevenson replied just after and thought they had earned a deserved point but halestown snatched it right at the death.good performance from trevenson against one of the best footballing teams in the league. :clapper:

TREVENSON 1 HALSETOWN 2.

FIRSTLY MY TAKE ON THIS GAME PLAYED ON A BUMPY ROCK HARD UNMARKED PITCH[ THIS ISNT A MOAN AT TREVENSON THIS IS SUPPOSED TO BE DONE FOR THEM BY THE PEOPLE THEY RENT THE PITCH OF]

WE WERE ON TOP IN THE FIRST HALF BUT COULDNT TURN POSSESION INTO GOALS TREVENSON WERE BATTLING WELL. SECOND HALF IT WAS MORE EVEN AND TREVENSON HAD A COUPLE OF CHANCES TO TAKE THE LEAD WE MISSED A FEW CHANCES BEFORE STEVE WEST BEAT THREE PLAYERS AND SCORED.

OUR KEEPER THEN LINED UP THE WALL STOOD IN THE MIDDLE OF THE GOAL [ NOTE FOR BENJI YOU SUPPOSED TO COVER ONE OF THE POSTS WITH YOUR WALL] TREVENSON EQUALISE. JACK COOP MISSED AN OPEN GOAL BUT THEN SCORED THE WINNER WITH 2 MINS TO GO.

TREVENSON WILL PROBABLY AGREE WITH A FEW OF THE THINGS I NOW WRITE BUT DISAGREE WITH OTHERS, IT IS ONLY MY TAKE ON THINGS AND AS I DIDNT GET OPPUTUNITY TO SPEAK TO THEM AFTER THE GAME I WOULD BE INTERESTED TO KNOW THERE THOUGHTS ON A COUPLE OF INCIDENTS.

BASICALLY I THINK THE REF WAS NOT UP TO REFFING THIS GAME HE KNOWS THE RULES BUT DIDNT

SEEM TO KNOW WHEN CONTACT WAS LEGITAMATE OR NOT, AT THE START OF THE GAME ONE OF OUR PLAYERS PASSED A BALL AND WAS THEN TAKEN OUT WITH A TWO FOOTED STUDS UP TACKLE THE PLAYER [WHO I THINK WAS THERE MANAGER] TURNED TO TREVENSON SUPPORTERS ON LINE AND SAID

"THATS THREE", NOW THE REF WAS STOOD 4 YARDS AWAY I THOUGHT THE INITIAL TACKLE WAS BAD ENOUGH BUT WHAT WITH THE AFTERS THROWN IN I THOUGHT A RED CARD, AS THE GAME WENT ON WE

HAD A PLAYER FOULED HE MANAGED TO RIDE THAT CHALLENGE AND WAS VIRTUALLY RUGBY TACKLED

REF GAVE A THROW IN, AT THE END OF THE GAME OUR SUB PUSHED THE BALL PAST KEEPER ON EDGE OF THE BOX THE KEEPER TRIED TO HOLD HIM UP BUT THEN THREW HIM TO THE GROUND AND STARTED PUNCHING HIM THERE WAS NO REASON FOR OUR PLAYER TO TO GO ANYWHERE NEAR THE KEEPER THE BALL WAS PAST HIM THE REF THEN GAVE A FREE KICK TO TREVENSON AND BOOKED BOTH PLAYERS,

UNTIL THE KEEPER STARTED PUNCHING OUR PLAYER HE HADNT BLOWN THE WHISTLE, ASKED AFTERWARDS WHY HE DIDNT SEND OF KEEPER HE REPLIED "THERE WAS ONLY A MINUTE TO GO".

THROOUT THE GAME THE REF ALSO GAVE EVERY OFFSIDE WHEN FLAG WENT UP THAT INCLUDES

WHEN OUR LINESMAN PUT HIS FLAG UP, I THINK EVERY ONE WILL AGREE LINESMAN OURS INCLUDED

DONT ALWAYS GET IT RIGHT AND EXPERIENCED REFS WILL SOMETIMES IGNORE OFFSIDE CALLS

THIS IS ONE OF THOSE THINGS BUT IN THE SECOND HALF THE TREVENSON LINESMAN WAS GIVING

FOULS, HANDBALLS,PUSHES, NOW I MIGHT BE OLD FASHIONED BUT I WANT TO SEE THE REF REFFING THE GAME NOT THE OPPOSITION LINESMAN, I AM NOT COMPLAINING ABOUT THE LINESMAN THERE WERE ONLY TWO OFFSIDES HE GAVE I WASNT HAPPY WITH, I JUST THINK THE REF SHOULDNT BE REFFING AT THIS LEVEL I THINK HE WAS OUT OF HIS DEPTH, TREVENSON WILL ALSO BE UNHAPPY ABOUT THERE PLAYER GETTING SENT OFF FOR CALLING THE REF A **** AFTER HE DIDNT GET A FOUL HE SHOULD OF

I WILL NO DOUBT GET A TREVENSON REPLY AND I AM INTERESTED TO SEE WHAT THEY THINK.

Guest bunditheboss

portreath 1 illogan 3

actually enjoyed the game, illogan are a great side, 3-0 down at half time, james isaacs scored another own goal to take his tally to 2 in 2 games lol

some of the top guys in my team didnt perform today maybe saving themself for next weeks cup game against titan????

Guest mikethfc

Titans 3 SOM 1

another fantastic result for us today best team won no question could have been more too

Browner and lofty in the middle of the park outstanding jago and matt eddy at the back bloody great and everyone else worked there socks off for the team,Roll on next saturday UTT

i was at the game and i think that's a fairly innacurate view of the match, titans (to their credit) play to their strength well, which is a physical game. Having said that only one side tried to play football and that was SOM. On countless amounts of times having to deal with long, rugby style punts upfield from titans. on a better surface could have easily been a different story. it's a bad advert for football if you believe long ball hoof tactics constitute being a 'better team'

Guest Damien_Wager

Heamoor 0 Madron 2

Terrible game of football to watch, Madron opened the scoring with a great strike by Mark Salmon from a free kick, Heamoor pushed hard but Madron defended well the whole game and held out in the last 20 minutes.

Great result for Madron as they havn't had the best of results recently???????, we thought this game would be easy, but was made to pay for that mentality :angry:

Good luck to Madron reserves if they play like that they will pick up many more points yet.

Y u biting your tongue?

Junior football needs to sort itslef out because incidents like this cant keep happening.

its pathetic

mikethfc

you have a very short memory.our first and third goals were worked from midfield were we carved through your defence. if my memory serves me right you had at least three defenders in the box on both occasions. at times we played some lovely football through your midfield.if we did play the long ball surely it was because we saw a weakness in your team is this not what football is about.

credit to s.o.m in the second half you tried to play your way back into the game but on the day we were just to good for you as you were at your place. please give us some credit and don't be a bad loser :c: as we said yesterday good luck for the rest of the season :D .

as for complaining about the state of the pitch you must be having a laugh,just remember about the playing surface at your own pitch.yesterday must have been like Wembley compared to that. the only problem with the pitch was the bounce i am sorry if there was to much grass for you to play on :P :drink:

QUOTE(lynchmob @ Mar 21 2009, 05:44 PM)

Heamoor 0 Madron 2

Great result for Madron as they havn't had the best of results recently???????, we thought this game would be easy, but was made to pay for that mentality

Y u biting your tongue?

Junior football needs to sort itslef out because incidents like this cant keep happening.

its pathetic

Damien if you are refering to the apparent fielding of illegal players then maybe you should not be such a sore looser and just accept that madron were the better team on the day in what was a closley fought match.

The fact of the matter is that due to several players being unavailable for the first team at the minute many of the players in the team didn't play for the seconds last week but played for the firsts.

This is the point of having a reserve team which can cause very inconsistant results for the reserves, as last week our first team used five players we were expecting to turn out for us. but to the best of my knowledge the team we fielded on saturday was legal within the mining league rules as we know them.

Maybe if you and the rest of your team concentrated on playing football and not on moaning at the ref and your opposition after and during the game you would have got somthing out of the game yesterday.

all said best of luck to the heamoor lads for the rest of the season I understand why they are frustrated as it's happend to us at times this season but thats just the nature of playing reserve football.

Guest bunditheboss

postman pat 6 days and counting now, i enjoy the games against you, your team is in form at the moment so and we are in a slump so should make things abit more interesting, but to be honest the players i have here i would hope if they all decide to turn up on saturday i can see a good game, is barnesy gonna turn up next week or has he got something planned?????

well done with your result saturday on saturday though, hopefully you can survive this year along with us and start a fresh next year, but dont think your gonna come to our pitch and walk away in to the semi finals, there is one team going through and it begins with P !!!!!!!

NPR if you score again this week i will put you upfront every week lol see you wednesday mate, i think we need to make the guys run there bollocks off at training to show them who is boss ha ha the benefits of being the boss lol

need to talk tactics with you aswell i have something special for our titan boys on saturday, i think we will introduce them to KAKA!!!!!!

Wendron Vs were in the Jolly's shield against St. Ives Mariners. Disappointing to play with only 9 men and lose 7-0 in a quarter finals, but our players were a credit to the club, gave 110% and never gave up. St. Ives were a credit to the Mining League too and the match was played in good spirit.

Titans 3 SOM 1

i was at the game and i think that's a fairly innacurate view of the match, titans (to their credit) play to their strength well, which is a physical game. Having said that only one side tried to play football and that was SOM. On countless amounts of times having to deal with long, rugby style punts upfield from titans. on a better surface could have easily been a different story. it's a bad advert for football if you believe long ball hoof tactics constitute being a 'better team'

Did our keeper have a save to make, i cant remember. I got the feeling on saturday that you had won the game in your heads before a ball was kicked, so what- we tackle hard its a big boys game and nobody was any where near being booked, would you like us to stand off and watch you pass the ball all afternoon. As pat said our 1st and 3rd goals were as good-a- move as you will see in our league. As for better surface i dont think you can really talk, Better team won end of

postman pat 6 days and counting now, i enjoy the games against you, your team is in form at the moment so and we are in a slump so should make things abit more interesting, but to be honest the players i have here i would hope if they all decide to turn up on saturday i can see a good game, is barnesy gonna turn up next week or has he got something planned?????

well done with your result saturday on saturday though, hopefully you can survive this year along with us and start a fresh next year, but dont think your gonna come to our pitch and walk away in to the semi finals, there is one team going through and it begins with P !!!!!!!

NPR if you score again this week i will put you upfront every week lol see you wednesday mate, i think we need to make the guys run there bollocks off at training to show them who is boss ha ha the benefits of being the boss lol

need to talk tactics with you aswell i have something special for our titan boys on saturday, i think we will introduce them to KAKA!!!!!!

I'll be there son!!! :drink:

Titans 3 SOM 1

Me too. You must have been watching the empty pitch to the side. There was only one side palying football and it wasnt SOM !

Guest Urban Spaceman

THROOUT THE GAME THE REF ALSO GAVE EVERY OFFSIDE WHEN FLAG WENT UP THAT INCLUDES

WHEN OUR LINESMAN PUT HIS FLAG UP, I THINK EVERY ONE WILL AGREE LINESMAN OURS INCLUDED

DONT ALWAYS GET IT RIGHT AND EXPERIENCED REFS WILL SOMETIMES IGNORE OFFSIDE CALLS

THIS IS ONE OF THOSE THINGS BUT IN THE SECOND HALF THE TREVENSON LINESMAN WAS GIVING

FOULS, HANDBALLS,PUSHES, NOW I MIGHT BE OLD FASHIONED BUT I WANT TO SEE THE REF REFFING THE GAME NOT THE OPPOSITION LINESMAN, I AM NOT COMPLAINING ABOUT THE LINESMAN THERE WERE ONLY TWO OFFSIDES HE GAVE I WASNT HAPPY WITH, I JUST THINK THE REF SHOULDNT BE REFFING AT THIS LEVEL I THINK HE WAS OUT OF HIS DEPTH, TREVENSON WILL ALSO BE UNHAPPY ABOUT THERE PLAYER GETTING SENT OFF FOR CALLING THE REF A **** AFTER HE DIDNT GET A FOUL HE SHOULD OF

I WILL NO DOUBT GET A TREVENSON REPLY AND I AM INTERESTED TO SEE WHAT THEY THINK.

some refs say to their assistants before the game that they will leave the offside decisions to them

some refs say to their assistants before the game that they will leave the offside decisions to them

wasnt complaining about offsides or there validity, it was a linesman giving every other decision and ref accepting it, if our linesman had got in on the act the ref could of left the pitch,

Jollys Shield Round 2

Newlyn NA Res 4 Gulval Res 7

Another cup derby epic for Newlyn's reserves but this time they were on the wrong end of a fantastic comeback. Newlyn had the wind in their favour in the first half and capitalised thanks to a hat-trick by Andrew Palmer to lead 3-0 at the break. But it was a totally different story in the second half as Gulval fought their way back into the game and then took control. Though Palmer capped a superb individual performance by grabbing a fourth for Newlyn on the break, the pressure was relentless at the other end and the away side ran out worthy winners. Good luck to Gulval in the rest of the competition.

Jollys Shield Round 2

Newlyn NA Res 4 Gulval Res 7

Another cup derby epic for Newlyn's reserves but this time they were on the wrong end of a fantastic comeback. Newlyn had the wind in their favour in the first half and capitalised thanks to a hat-trick by Andrew Palmer to lead 3-0 at the break. But it was a totally different story in the second half as Gulval fought their way back into the game and then took control. Though Palmer capped a superb individual performance by grabbing a fourth for Newlyn on the break, the pressure was relentless at the other end and the away side ran out worthy winners. Good luck to Gulval in the rest of the competition.

Thanks for that Jules, I pretty much agree with all of that mate. Except I think we happened to "Get out of jail" somewhat. When you scored immediately after we'd got out first, I feared the worst. However, we pulled together, scored a few good goals and find ourselves in the semi for the third year in a row. Happy day's :)

Your lads played with great spirit and togetherness mate and never stopped trying. Also the spirit on the pitch was great to be involved with and I hope you have a great end to your season. :thumbsup:

Did you manage to get on the scoresheet Coopsie?

Indeed I did young man. Got the second Gulval goal after good work by Phil Harvey and then got the equaliser (our fourth) with a pretty nice lob from around 20 yards, over the keeper with the outside of my right boot ;) ..

Mainly all down to Rhondda though because for the first time this season, he took me off the wing and started me upfront. That left me buzzing because although I can't do much without the ball, I know that when it comes to me and IF there's a sniff of a chance, I'll put it in the old onion bag. That's not being cocky by the way Nigel, confidence infront of goal is not a problem and let's face it, the goal is a pretty big target to aim for.

Mineing 1:-

Threemilestone 3 - 4 St Ives Town RES HT/1-2

St Ives Scorers - Danny Paynter, Ross Duncan 2, James Warrel.

Outstanding performance by Ross Duncan.

I agree, great performance by R. Duncan, just wanted to know if those boots he was wearing were made from apple skins?!!!

21/02/2009 - West Briton ©

Robartes 4, Redruth Utd 0

Redruth conceded an early goal from a corner after being temporarily reduced to 10 men with an injury to John Salmon, but held on for an hour until Robartes notched a vital second goal. Missing Mark Eccles in goal, Ryan Baber and Scott Whitney, meant that Redruth's backs were against the wall for long periods. However, stand-in keeper Brian Keitch was outstanding and deservedly earned Redruth's man of the match with a string of good saves. Redruth had a couple of chances at 1-0 to equalise, but the goal never came, and they were punished with Robartes' second goal on the hour mark. Two late goals for the hosts in the last 10 minutes completed the scoring, with Redruth struggling to compete with a dominant home side.

Ludgvan Res 5, Redruth Utd Res 0

Both teams have been in winning form recently, but it was Ludgvan who continued their unbeaten run and progressed to the quarter finals of the Jolly's Shield. The game started at a fast tempo and the Redruth defence were put under immediate pressure. Deputising keeper Darin Thomas could do nothing to stop the first shot from finding the target, but was frustrated to see a second bounce under his body minutes later. Following a third goal the visitors found themselves 3-0 down at half-time. Ludgvan continued to pass the ball well in the second half and after scoring two more goals, were able to relax. Redruth stepped up a gear in the last 20 minutes and were unlucky not to get one or two consolation goals, with Kevin Endean and Jake Williams both hitting the post. Man of the match went to Justin Pascoe.

Storm 2, Spice of Life 1

Spice's chances came from Ian Stephens, Nicky Adams and Jamie Mitchell, but after Spice keeper Mark Barkle could only push a corner away, Storm scored with an excellent volley. In the second half a mix-up between Barkle and Joff Mallaber enabled Storm to tap in the second. Spice then scored the goal of the game with a strong Mallaber header from a perfect Jamie Mitchell corner. Spice then went pushing for the equaliser with Matt Mitchell and Martin Adams both going close but Storm finished the stronger and better team.

Guest mikethfc

mikethfc

you have a very short memory.our first and third goals were worked from midfield were we carved through your defence. if my memory serves me right you had at least three defenders in the box on both occasions. at times we played some lovely football through your midfield.if we did play the long ball surely it was because we saw a weakness in your team is this not what football is about.

credit to s.o.m in the second half you tried to play your way back into the game but on the day we were just to good for you as you were at your place. please give us some credit and don't be a bad loser :c: as we said yesterday good luck for the rest of the season :D .

as for complaining about the state of the pitch you must be having a laugh,just remember about the playing surface at your own pitch.yesterday must have been like Wembley compared to that. the only problem with the pitch was the bounce i am sorry if there was to much grass for you to play on :P:drink:

nothing to do with being a bad loser just giving an opinion on the game. the game wasnt played in bad spirit or anything like that, and of course i wish your side good luck for the season.

As for the pitch, it was rock hard, not anybodies fault just a statement of fact, no rain on it for days and it was extremely bobbly and difficult to play on. i've always said the pitch at wendron is a disgrace, no one should have to play on such shit, but saturday's pitch was certainly not 'wembley' in comparison. if it was, the ball would have got stuck in the arch a few times.

it was a good even, game and but i wouldnt say that csm were swept aside by spurs style, class football from titans.

Guest Postie Pidge

Any scored from:

Jubilee Cup - Madron vs Crown Inn Glory

Division 2 - Holmans vs Threemilestone

Division 3 - St Buryan vs Trevenson

Guest Luffy

Any scored from:

Jubilee Cup - Madron vs Crown Inn Glory

Division 2 - Holmans vs Threemilestone

Division 3 - St Buryan vs Trevenson

Holmans vs Threemilestone - holmans unable to raise a side.