Cornwall Football Forum

Duchy League Results 21/03/2009

Duchy 4

Lewdown 1 v 2 St Austell

St Austell scorer

Luke Patten 2

Lewdown took the lead through a thunderous volley after the player had tee'd it up with his hands. St. Austell equalised through a Patten penalty and then Patten scored his second straight from a corner.

In all St Austell deserved the win, Lewdown did not really create alot.

Perranporth 3 - 1 Delabole

Perranporth - 4 - 1 - Delabole

Perran's goalscorers:

T. Ansell (2), R. Brandreth, J. Cox

First Perran goal may have been an own goal but Terry's claiming it.

Another 3 points in the bag just 5 more wins needed.

1. Ansell claims and probably should the 1st direct from a corner

2. Brandreth finished well about 1 min later

3. Ansells second - tap in from 6 yards

4. Cox - good touch and turn in the boxed finished with a RIGHT foot.

Delabole goal was mainly due to my lack of ability to win a header all day!!

We did well as we had a few players out but welcomed a few FHFL 2 squad members into the side

:drink:

Great game at StTeath yesterday,i think spent a lot of the time wandering what the ref was going to do next.We had it all ,a booking for a point player after a couple of minutes for a late challenge,then nothing for a numbber of prety hefty challenges,with St teath commiting there fair share.Batesey scores from the keepers mistake ,then accidently catches him from a one on one,i rush on with the magic spray,only to spray the wrong ankle and then the ref tells me to keep the ball in play more.I expained that it was to late to erect a fence around the pitch ,but of course we would try.Leading 2 1 half time should have been more ,Torpoint had the better of the elements in the second half,and dominated without causing a threat.Ref then decides to send of torpoint lad after to players fighting,both should have gone in my opionionTried to explain that to torpoint ass manager,he responded in a loving manner and the game goes on.Torpoint player shoots falls down on edge of box ,to everyones amazement refs awards free kick,torpoint equalize ,player celebrates ,home crowd go mad,and i broke the corner flag.End of game all players congratulated each other on the game,taffa gaffer and Brian Stacy shake my hand and i can say i enjoyed the game the torpoint lads are a great set of lads.Best of luck for the remainder of the season see you in a couple of weeks.Off to the county cup final now,half the village going i think,Scooby doo mascot,yes thats me ,touble is we have the same ref.I think scooby may give him a lot of stick.

Guest The Italian Job

Yeh He is really their weakest player, I mean he only got a Hat-Trick against Gunni Yesterday, Good Player and a good bloke with it, The Weakest player came from TAFC Gaffa and they are best buddies!!

Gunni 0 Edgcumbe 7 I thought Edgcumbe might squeak it but thats an amazing result, when they turn it on they are unstoppable. Picking up on a quote from a ST Stephens Boro player, he thought that Edgcumbe could more than hold their own in ECPL Div 1, on this form I don't doubt him.

Well done lads.

Latina F.C Brit Rep

Guest tafc.-gaffa

Yeh He is really their weakest player, I mean he only got a Hat-Trick against Gunni Yesterday, Good Player and a good bloke with it, The Weakest player came from TAFC Gaffa and they are best buddies!!

Cant remember making this quote? Think your find id have him in my side in a second!!

My sort of player,loves a tackle,sweet left foot, reads the game well and has unbelievable passion to win, and thats just when we drink together his football ability aint bad either!

i would like like to see this comment from 1 of the gunni players saying they were shit!

all of the gunni team know that edgecumbe r a quality team and they showed that against us.

even tho we played terrible as a team edgecumbe fully deserved their win, in my opinion i fink edgecumbe will go on and win the league.

cant wait 2 play them again next week

Guest gunniplayer

well 0-7 not even i cud of prdicted that.never lost by that much even in djm football. :angry2:

on a brighter note edgcumbe gave us a lesson in how to finish in front of goal and i think they will now kick on and wrap up the title, but i wudnt count out st dennis to push them every step of the way.

edgcumbe have a great bunch of lads and im sorry i was rather miserable with them at full time

was a strange game saturday. up to half time it was tight and your keeper made some unbelievable saves. we got a couple of early goals after half time and then just took our chances which was good to see. im certain saturday will be much tighter, we know gunni are a much better side than 7-0 suggests, not that the result really flattered us, we deserved it.

Lookin forward to saturday hoping to make a comeback after 2 months out. go easy on me!!

Guest gunniplayer

yeh hopefully this saturday will be slighty closer.the first half display from our goalie was the best he has been all season, then as a team we let ourselfs down with what can only be described as school boy defending.2 months lay off, i cudnt do that i hate not playing one match.

Guest gunniplayer

yeh you heard correctly, the ref got to the pitch and said the pitch was unplayable and was too bumpy.admittely it wasnt wembley down there but still it was in good shape compared to when torpoint and st mawgan played us on it

I don't know about schoolboy defending:the scoreline suggests men against schoolboys!

My friend who was at the game told me that the referee almost refused to start the game.If this is correct what was the problem?

Who's your friend?