Cornwall Football Forum

Duchy 2 Fixtures

Fed up with the same old stuff from the Premier Division contenders. Has anyone else stopped reading it? There are some interesting games in Duchy 2 this week.

Probus ECPL side play Friday evening and I would not, therefore, be surprised if they did not include a few of their senior players for the visit of promotion rivals Week St Mary. Rumours are that Probus ECPL and Duchy teams will split into 2 different clubs next season. Don't know if this is true or not but it will be interesting to see if they pack their team as they have done at times in the past.

Grampound visit Bodmin Saints to play on the billiard table surface (or so I assume following the posts of Pablo) of the Dragon Centre for a 1.00pm kick-off. The early start means that Grampound will be 4 or 5 key players short for an important match so expectations are not too high although everyone will give 100% or more and will hope to repeat the good result earlier in the season at least. Being short seems to be a pattern for visitors for such early kick-offs - perhaps a real advantage for Bodmin Saints.

St Anns Chapel host Pelynt. They were not great at Grampound last week and will hope to improve and win, but Pelynt are always a tough encounter.

Polperro beat us a month or so ago but have struggled elsewhere - Camelford away should not be a problem for them bearing in mind recent form.

Duchy 2 is a very tight division and with a shake up in the divisions likely the run in will be very tight although I expect Bodmin Saints and Week St Mary to fill places 1 and 2. For the rest of us - all to play for!

I'm with you AJW, and always happy to chat below the 'elite' div'.

'Biliard table', blimey, you can play 'shove halfpenny' on it.

Yep, Div' 2 is hotting up. We aren't counting any chickens that's for sure. Everyone can get a dip in form at any time. I'd like to think we've done almost enough to go up but we need at least another ten points I reckon.

Good luck to all today.

I was saying to the Mrs. in the week how every duchy thread gets hi-jacked by the "big four" with the same old posts. Not bothered reading the forum much lately as a result.

Week St Mary still ravaged by injury in 2009 after starting the season well. Not sure what squad they have taken to Probus today. At St Stephen the manager played 85 mins at the age of 52 ish and scored in a tight 3-2 win. Taking it game by game with tough trips to Bodmin and Grampound to come. Plus this weather reminds me that the dastardly cricket season is fast approaching!