Cornwall Football Forum

SPURS AND A BRIGHT FUTURE!!!

Came across another article which is interesting to us long suffering Yids. It also ,MAY be interesting to those that hate us so much?. The one person whos opinion I wish to hear the most is a certain Mr Isaac Rosenberg. His brilliant brain and acute mind for all things financial will be extremely enlightening for me..

Let me know what you think.

http://www.spurs.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=7500545

• 1 month later...

Not tight at all buddy. Daniel Levy is just ensuring that we are financially settled in preparation for construction of the new stadium. To put it simply, he's ensuring that we are not left with the same financial restraints that our nearest and dearest rivals are when it comes to the transfer market.

There IS money available but there is also CLEARLY a need to "weed out" the unnecessary growth that has been eating up the salaries for way too long without actually playing any football. It's recognised that Spurs have one of the best squads in the league BUT that squad needs trimming and refining, therefore it stands to reason and is perfectly logical that players who are not playing or are not happy to be "squad players" should be sold or made available for sale before any money is paid out. Don't you agree?

Daniel Levy is the club chairman but he is also a VERY good business man. That is why the books are always balanced and there is ALWAYS plenty of money available in each transfer window.. ;) :c:

Coopsie, your club is as well financially managed as ours. Both are well-run by businessmen who have never gone in for short- tem solutions and both clubs are "self-financing". That, to my mind, is the best way forward rather than relying on a "sugar-daddy" who may well clear off in the future. Yes, I agree that clubs should clear out the "dead wood" before they invest in new players. I think you would find that we would still be as tight in the transfer market if we didn't have the Emirates. Our stadium is being paid for by extra gate receipts and corporate money over a 25-year mortgage. It's only clubs like Man U, Chelsea and Man City who seem to be able to spend what they like.

I read a little while ago that Arsenal make an extra £1m profit per home game since the move to the Emirates. If that is true then our move to a bigger stadium really is long overdue.

Wouldn't be a bit surprised. Our average attendance has increased by about 22,000 per home game. That's a hell of a lot of extra gate receipts. Take into account corporate, merchandising, etc., etc.

Is the future so bright?

Spurs seem to be tight for money now...

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_5339671,00.html

To be honest midfield it doesn't surprise me.

As Coopsie alluded to, there is a possibility that a brand new stadium is to be built (until I physically see it being built, I'll remain sceptical), and Levy has to be prudent regarding the clubs expenditure, especially in the current economical climate.

I honestly believe that the squad at Spurs doesn't need wholesale changes anyway, and Harry himself said on Sunday (at an exclusive Q&A session at WHL with 100 or so very lucky members) that he will only be looking to add 2 or 3 players to the team, with maybe 2 or 3 being moved out of the club.

Even if he sells David Bentley (very likely I would've thought, if he's not starting when Lennon is injured, when is he gonna start a game for Spurs?) & Darren Bent/Pavlyuchenko (either could go, depends who we get the best offer for!), you're gonna raise between £15-£20 million, which I'm sure Harry can re-invest suitably!

I need to slow down, I might start getting optimistic about next season, and all Spurs fans know that leads to disappointment!

Guest Reginald Perrin

It's recognised that Spurs have one of the best squads in the league

That is why the books are always balanced and there is ALWAYS plenty of money available in each transfer window.. ;):c:

Do Spurs actually have one of the best Squads in the league? It might be indeed one of the biggest but i really don't think its one of the best.

It's obvious that Spurs have had the money to spend in the past but i feel it has been on wrong players. I still personally can't believe that Mr Bent cost all that money for little return and is still at the club. Harry please sell Darren Bent!! PLEASE!!!

So you sell Bent. Now who do you buy?

Someone who can actually win the ball in the air in the box and can hold up the ball and lay off passes to Defoe, Modric etc. It's common knowledge that Spurs/Redknapp have been looking for just this type of player. Names have been bandied around for a while now, names such as Kenwyne Jones (please NO), Santa Cruz (never fit), Peter Crouch (most Spurs supporters don't seem to fancy him but I reckon he would be good for Spurs and he and Defoe have proven they work together).

Those are the names that have most commonly been mentioned BUT each of them would cost a minimum of what, £12million?. I reckon I'm going to be pilloried and ridiculed for this BUT my opinion is that Spurs should save themselves a FORTUNE and take a punt at Ricardo Fuller from Stoke City :o .. He has EVERYTHING that we are looking for in the "strong striker" department, vastly stronger than all the players were touted with, superb at holding up the ball, good in the air and is a pretty sharp finisher when in the box.

Hey it's just an opinion :unsure:

I'd go for Crouch. Proven player.

And VASTLY underrated in my opinion. I wouldn't be surprised if Redknapp was to reunite with Crouch. Infact, Crouch, Krancjar and Distin would do from Pompey, they can have Bent, Zokora and Chimbonda in return and everyone's happy. Then there would just be the matter of a left back or left winger to find and I pray to god that the player that is brought in is not Downing :( ..

• 5 weeks later...

SPURS FANS ARE ALWAYS GOOD FOR A LAUGH DURING THE CLOSE SEASON

EVERY YEAR THEY BLEAT ON ABOUT HOW THEY WILL BREAK THE TOP FOUR NEXT SEASON ONLY AGAIN FOR IT TO END IN FAILURE.

ACCEPT IT SPURS YOU ARE NO WHERE NEAR THE STANDARDS SET BY MAN UTD, LIVERPOOL, CHELSEA AND I KNOW YOUR GONNA HATE THIS BUT EVEN ARSENAL AND ONCE AGAIN NEXT SEASON THE TOP FOUR WILL BE THE SAME JUST DON'T KNOW WHICH ORDER.