Cornwall Football Forum

LET'S JUST START IT NOW

It's inevitable that Mr Beer (Isaac Rosenberg) and his fellow "Blue Noses" are going to be "Giving it large", either before, during or after the upcoming fixture this weekend. I just came across an article on the Setanta website which I found interesting. So I copied and pasted it for you to read and draw your own conclusions...

Let the ribbing (banter) commence :c:

Oh, those devils at Setanta put a prediction at the end :rolleyes: .What do you think? :unsure:

Chelsea attempt to maintain their title push with a trip to Tottenham on Saturday, a tough encounter at a ground where no team has won since November.

Everton were the last side to win at White Hart Lane when they edged a 1-0 victory, and with Spurs having lost only one of their seven games against the top five Premier League teams this season this will be a real test of Chelsea’s mettle – as well as their title credentials.

Spurs got off to a well-documented poor start this season but have been on something of a run of late. Unbeaten in their last five league games Harry Redknapp’s side have only conceded four goals in 10 Premier League games at White Hart Lane since his arrival.

Combined with the fact that Chelsea are the only London side not to have managed a win in a Premier League London derby this season, Spurs will fancy their chances of upsetting their rivals’ title aspirations.

They will have to break with tradition to do so however. Spurs have won just one of their 33 Premier League meetings with Chelsea, and with the West London side having notched up four wins in Guus Hiddink’s four league games in charge they could do a clinical job.

Add to that the tightness of Chelsea’s defence – they have conceded just one goal in their last five league matches – and this makes for an intriguing encounter.

Goals were the order of the day in this fixture last season with a 4-4 draw thrilling many inside White Hart Lane, although the chances of a similar result must surely be a remote possibility?

Roman Pavlyuchenko is almost certain to remain on the bench for Spurs, thus depriving him of a reunion with Russia national team coach Hiddink for the most part, as Redknapp looks likely to stick with the same XI that beat Aston Villa.

Chelsea’s newest injury concern is Deco, who is unlikely to feature again this season after injuring his hamstring against Manchester City last weekend.

Pivotal Player: Michael Essien. The Ghanaian midfielder looks sharper, fitter and just plain better than the majority of opposing players in the league despite having only just returned from a lengthy lay-off through injury. If he gets his game on Chelsea could take three points and maintain the pressure on league leaders Manchester United.

Prediction: 1-2.

Guest mauricio

How the hell did I quote MYSELF in the previous post if I hadn't even said it at the time?Surely I can only quote what had already been written?:unsure:

Lennon for England

:c:

u quoted The Judge and probably wrote WE???? just before the end quote- [/quote ]

How the hell did I quote MYSELF in the previous post if I hadn't even said it at the time?Surely I can only quote what had already been written?:unsure:

Lennon for England

:c:

u quoted The Judge and probably wrote WE???? just before the end quote- [/quote ]

Fu@**ng Stella :drink::c: ;)

You're enjoying this one, aren't you Coopsie!

What makes you say that mate? ;) . Tell you what, this has been destined to happen since certain Blue Noses started ridiculing the one thing that had PROVEN that it could bite them on the ass.

I say a prayer every night, just in the hope that one day they will learn :( . Sadly, it seems that my prayers have been ignored :yahoo: .

Eat humble pie, you over opinionated people. You're simply NOT GOOD ENOUGH to beat scummy little Spurs, and you know what??. "My heart pumps purple p1ss".. :D:thumbsup::clapper: :yahoo:

Can anyone remind me how many points Spurs had when Judas Redknapp arrived, it's just that he hasn't mentioned it for 5 minutes and I've forgotten.....................

Erm, not too sure there Mangle mate, Something tells me it may have been around 2 points??. :unsure:;) ..