Cornwall Football Forum

Torpoint AFC Press Release

Torpoint AFC SWPL Manger

On behalf of the Committee of Torpoint Athletic Football Club I am pleased to announce that tonight I appointed Darren Potter and Gary Tiffany as joint managers of the South West Peninsula side with immediate effect. They will take charge of the team for the first time at Liskeard next Tuesday and for the 2009/10 season.

Following the resignation of Ian Stephens last Thursday, Gary has taken charge of the team for the last two matches, at extremely short notice. However it was decided that, for the continued progression of the club, a decision should be made sooner, rather than later.

Darren and Gary were interviewed by myself and the club President, Neil Bartley last week, and we both believe that this is the correct decision for TAFC. Their enthusiasm will enable the club to progress both on and off the field, including the teams’ long awaited re-entry into the FA Vase.

We would once again like to thank Ian Stephens for his efforts over the last three seasons and wish him all the best for the future.

We look forward to working with Darren and Gary, and ensuring that the structure of the Club is right, both on and off the pitch, to push the SWPL side forward.

Guest TAVILAD

Time will tell if its a big jump or not for him? But isn't most of his succesful tamarside side already playing in the penisula league for various teams?

So maybe he will build a succesful side ?