Cornwall Football Forum

Tafc.gaffa still alive?

Guest badgerboy

Guest badgerboy

After months of daily postings he seems to have gone missing. Could well be illness or away on holiday or maybe dented pride after his all conquering side got spanked out the junior cup swiftly followed by a huge blow to his league ambitions away at looe last sat. No disgrace in either result as both good teams (especially st dennis).

Guest tafc.-gaffa

I am alive and do not have dented pride as i think your find if you ask any manager in our league that if they could achieve an area junior cup final and are 2nd in the league at this stage of the season in their first year of management they would be chuffed to bits as i am. As i am with my team!!!

Guest badgerboy

I am alive and do not have dented pride as i think your find if you ask any manager in our league that if they could achieve an area junior cup final and are 2nd in the league at this stage of the season in their first year of management they would be chuffed to bits as i am. As i am with my team!!!

Easy tiger! Completley agree with you it is a very good first season in manegement and lets face it the league is looking like a bit of a toss up with some of the recent results so i still believe it can be any one of four. Wasn't lookin for an argument but you suddenly went quiet after months of posting. Anyway how do you see saturdays game goin? From what i know and have seen of st teath they will either turn up in which case they will win by the odd goal or if they turn up with the same heads they had on at st dennis then torpoint will win comfortably.

Guest tafc.-gaffa

We are turning up for 3 points cos if we dont thats the title prospect over. Its down to my side to stand up and be counted. Not even thinking about our opposition as we have to concentrate on our game and if we do that we will win.

Guest badgerboy

We are turning up for 3 points cos if we dont thats the title prospect over. Its down to my side to stand up and be counted. Not even thinking about our opposition as we have to concentrate on our game and if we do that we will win.

Just asking you about a comment YOU made darlin.

Looe are a good side,we played very well that day and won 3 1 but looe had plenty of chances and it could have gone anyway.Very young side at st teath lacks a bit of nouse at times,Addie out for a while.The St dennis game i got wrong as the manager,should have switched the back line at the start of the game,unlke St Dennis we where unable to bring in experianced senior players for the game ,having said that i would have needed to have tom chambers or steve simmonds,probably both to handle the saints forward line.Perhaps time to support my lot now,they are a decent side and i will do my upmost to give them that beleif for the rest of the season .Good to half the torpoint manager back again,whatever happens now he has done a great job and his players will thank him for that.Pitch rock hard and very bumpy for the game,hopefully everyone will come through injury free and we all enjoy the match.

The title of this thread is somewhat disrespectful, don't you think?.

It's clearly nothing more that a provocative topic engineered to get some sort of response from tafc.-gaffa... Stay on the forum regularly and you'd realise that if there's something worth commenting on, tafc.-gaffa generally comments on it.

I'm sure tafc.-gaffa doesn't need any defending, but I thought he gave a very dignified interview last saturday on the radio. Not easy talking after losing two big games in a week! Thanks for talking and I'm sure it's just a mini-blip, even the best suffer them during a season!

Have a listen - about fifteen minutes into the show Cornish Football Special :D