Cornwall Football Forum

Plymouth Schools Under 15's 2 East Cornwall Under 15's 5

East Cornwall Schools totally outplayed their bigger counterparts at Ivybridge. Cornwall took an early lead through a Jack Stevens free kick from 30 yards. Central midfielder Lewis Hilton increased Cornwall's lead with a stunning 25 yard dipping volley. Plymouth came more into the game but Cornwall played the neater intricate football and totally desrved their lead at half time. Plymouth reduced the deficit early on but Isaac Vassell scored twice to increase Cornwall's lead. Cornwall always looked dangerous going forward and all their players looked comfortable on the ball. Plymouth scored, but straightaway Vassell scored from an acute angle for his hat trick and seal a well deserved victory for the Cornwall boys.

I have managed east cornwall u15s for 5 years now and yesterdays performance was one of the best I have witnessed, over the years we have developed excellent players including, slateford, Bennets, Brokenshire Connibear, Daryl Johnson, Billy (Bude), to name a few, however Lewis (frankie) Hyltons performance yesterday was one of the best I have seen from a 14 year old, he controlled the game from start to finnish scoring from 25 yards whilst playing against a player 2ft taller who plays centre midfield for Plymouth argyle. Proving if you are good enough size does not matter.

The whole squad yesterday were a real credit to cornish football and if some if not all the players are not picked up by proffessional clubs, (If they lived in a city with 4 or five pro clubs within the 1hr 30mins they definatley would be.) then I recommend that senior teams in the area keep an eye on their progress.

The squad

Josh Tapp (saltash)

Jack Thompson (Tretherras)

Dave Barker (Saltash)

Jack Stephens (Torpoint/Argyle)

Ollie Morrison (Treviglas/Exeter)

Connor Jamison (Tretherras)

TJ (Saltash)

Lewis (frankie) Hylton (Tretheras)

Rory Simmons (Torpoint)

Isaac Vassell (Tretherras)

Sam Smith (launceston)

alex Palmer (Satash)

Tom Booth (Torpoint)

Ben Currar (Tretherras)

Jordan Copp (Saltash/ Argyle)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest albijohn

that brings back many memories i played for east cornwall schools in 1964-65 we played plymouth in the english schools shield and it took 5 games to finaly beat them . We basicaly played the same 11 boys in all the games, plymouth keept changing theres We finaly got threw and i had the honour of scoring the winning goal. I think it was the longest ever tie in the comp by the time we finaly got through. I also played for liskeard while i was at school before moving up country to sussex. Love to hear from anyone who played with me in that team .

Guest Dennis Irwin

We won the south west cup at under 14s beating plymouth 1nil in the final at bodmins pitch, under grant and lee came runners up ..cracking team!