Cornwall Football Forum

FHFL 2 getting interesting

Guest mikey catterall

Guest mikey catterall

with most teams playing 20 games the promotion and relegation race should now start getting interesting due to mawgans withdrawl the maximum leage games is 28 i think its 3 up and 3 down its gettin close in the top 6 and at the bottom its gettin very interesting and in the middle its very tight some teams have games in hand and when the mid week games start u always see new faces im not sure who going up or down but i would like to see ur predictions for leauge promotion/relegation and the 2 leauge cups in f/h 2 good luck to all teams i know this is a competitive leauge :c:

FHFL 2 Table

This has to be one of the tightest divisions in Junior football for a long time. I think the first 2 positions have already been taken with Constantine and Mawnan fighting out to be champions but with Mawnan not able to go up it means a 4th place promotion spot is up for grabs and to be honest anyone could potentially through abit of luck go up except for those teams in a relegation dog fight which includes Lanner, Frogpool and Marazion.

But with some tough fixtures coming up this weekend you could see some teams dropping points. Perranporth Reserves who were bottom for some time have surged up the league after sorting out player registrations.

My team Carharrack have played 23 and currently on 28 points. With 5 games left and a potential 15 points available that could put us if we win all our game's on 43 points which Mawnan already have. It is still possible to go up but the odds are heavily stacked against us with remaining games including Hayle (H), Mawnan (H), Culdrose (A), Rosudgeon (A) and Lizard (A). The points dropped in the early part of season will come back to haunt alot of teams.

We could potentially see a team go up on goal difference, so all goals scored and those against will all count.

Sorry for stating the obvious. Its going to be a cracking end to the season.

:c:

Richard

I think if you look at both div 2 and div 3 its gonna be close right to the end, anyone of 5 or 6 teams to finish 3rd and 4th in div 2. div 3 i think the same, Mullion and Trispen have the advantage for the first 2 postions, then you've got Cury, Falmouth Athletic, Penryn, and of course ourselves Wendron battling for 3rd. Cups are too close to call as well. In all its a very good thing for junior football that its like this though :)

Guest mikey catterall

what are your predictions mikey ??

I think constantine will have the league

1st constantine

2nd mawnan

3rd troon

4th porthleven or camborne

although there are alot of teams capable of finishing 4th i think a playoff system to decide leauge promotions would be interesting like the championship top 2 in leauge automaticly go up and 3rd to 6th playoff but i dont think that will happen for a few seasons although i think it would make junior football alot more interesting

relegation

13th marazion

14th frogpool

15th lanner

but as u know anything can happen lanner beat lizard 5-3 last week frogpool are hard to breakdown and marazion are good at home whats ur predictions

Guest mikey catterall

I think if you look at both div 2 and div 3 its gonna be close right to the end, anyone of 5 or 6 teams to finish 3rd and 4th in div 2. div 3 i think the same, Mullion and Trispen have the advantage for the first 2 postions, then you've got Cury, Falmouth Athletic, Penryn, and of course ourselves Wendron battling for 3rd. Cups are too close to call as well. In all its a very good thing for junior football that its like this though :)

i agree pete we (troon) finished 4th in div 3 last season luckily we got promoted and this year we are currently 2nd in div 2 and we only made a couple of signings it just shows what team work can do although on the rare occasion we get a first team player if they need to get match fit

Div 2 is going to see one hell of a finish and if the season so far is any thing to go by it will be a cracker from here on in. As it stands it looks like Tines to throw away with Mawnan making it hard for everyone else with any one of 7 sides still involved in the promotion battle.

With the evening games starting soon there will no doubt be more shocks on the cards as sides suddenly find those extra players. Certainly a big advantage to have two sides and there are always shocks. The cups will soon suddenly start to loom large and sides find they may have fixture issues. If you are still lucky enough to be playing in them its easy to take your eye of the League when glory comes knocking.

Predictions:

1st Constantine - Best side in the league. Playing good football but will all those extra fixtures see them tire.

2nd Mawnan - Points on the board and two sides to call on.

3rd Troon - Great home record. Can call on 1st Team when needed.

4th Rangers - Not in the best of form at present and lots of games to catch up.

5th Camborne - Still have every chance of 4th, now playing more like last seasons Div3 title challengers.

6tH Lizard - A good run could see them in the frame. Poor start and big Loss last week could haunt them.

7th Perranporth - On the charge but may have left it too late to break into top 4.

For the Drop

17th - Lanner - A lot to do to and as games run out it will only get harder.

16th - Frogpool - Need to find pionts in a hurry but may be coming adrift already.

15th - Marazion - Inconsistant to say the least but could put one or two others in the frame if they get it right.

Carharrack, Culdrose, Hayle, whilst it seems daft are all still in danger but should have enough to stay clear of trouble.

What ever happens its been a great season so far. Best of Luck to you all.....................

:thumbsup:

Is it definately 3 that go down? I haven't heard anything different but I thought that with the withdrawal of Mawgan it may have meant that only 2 go down?

Guest mikey catterall

hi mayo i think 3 still go down im sure last season a team withdrew from f/h 2 mid way threw the season and 3 still went down because 4 teams got promoted from f/h 3 it we be hard to take for the team who finish 13th in leauge and go down but im not 100% sure hopefully u get more replies to ur question :thumbsup:

Thanks, I was just wandering and hoping that it would be 2! I play for Lanner so there would have been a bit of hope if it was just 2. It's still possible that we'll stay up but we've left ourselves a lot to do! But anything can happen :thumbsup: hopefully there will be some more clarification on this! Thanks again, good luck to everyone for the rest of the season

Agree with Mikey on this one. Last year saw three going down even after Falmouth Albion withdrew during the season. I believe it was Trispen, Wendren and Hayle who suffered in the end.

Perhaps it would be fairer if the club pulling out was adjudged to finish last on zero points. Then only two others would be in the frame. You would have to put that forward to the league at the AGM as a chnage of Rule.

Best of Luck on the great escape tho.................

Guest mikey catterall

i agree timbotastic rosudgon arnt a bad side we drew 2-2 sat but to be onist troon missed a stupid amount of chances and i said to my mate at centre back at halftime when we were 1-0 up to watch out for ur striker the fast lad who ust to play for marazion and before u know it he scored 2 i think .and then we equalised late on but it was a good game goodluck for the season.

Guest pete norfolk

think the following will be the table at end of year:

1st Constantine

2nd Troon

3rd Mawnan

4th Camborne

5th Rosudgeon

6th Porthleven

7th Wendron

8th Lizard

9th Perranporth

10th Hayle

11th Carharrack

12th Culdrose

13th Marazion

14th Frogpool

15th Lanner

Good luck to everyone for the last couple of months of the season

FHL2 is a very competative league this year with almost anyone capable of beating anyone.

Great last two weeks for Tine beating Port and Troon puts them in the driving seat.

Predictions.

1/ Tine - I hope, :thumbsup:

2/ Mawnan

3/ Troon

4/ ???? Promotion up for grabs. Everyone dropping points. Could be decided very late in the season. Camborne?, Port? or still maybe Perranporth!

Good luck

:drink::c: :drink:

Guest mikey catterall

troon need to start grinding out results having only taking 1 point from last 2games both of which were at home and constantine mawnan camborne all got maximum points this weekend but i know we can get the results to push for promotion we got the players just need them to perform myself included. frogpool got a good result in there fight against the drop.