Cornwall Football Forum

THEY TRULY ARE.....

Anybody who had the displeasure of having to sit through the FA Cup game between Hull and Arsenal last night must surely agree that the TRUE colours of the scummy North London invaders were clearly shown. Firstly by their manager, who all the way through the game, bullied and moaned at every official at any opportunity :angry2: . The same excuse for a man then refused to even acknowledge his opposing manager after the final whistle, even though his team were victorious :angry: . Ofcourse, because he went straight down the tunnel after the game, he also did not shake hands with the officials :angry2: , even though they gifted him victory :rolleyes: .

Then there's the lack of interview with Setanta after the game. I didn't see Phil Brown shirking from the camera, even though his team were robbed by some shockingly bad officiating. But wait... It soon became clear as to why Arsehole Whinger was feeling camera shy. His club captain "allegedly" (I have to say that :rolleyes: ) spat in the face of Brian Horton at the end of the game, THE SICK BAS@*RD :angry2: ..

IF this is all true (which it MUST be, otherwise the arrogant French t@at would have come out and said otherwise), the book must be well and truly chucked at this disgusting, trophy starved bunch of foreign mercenaries. There can be absolutely NO EXCUSE for the behaviour of the manager and captain of this supposedly big club. I think we all know that nothing will be done about it though, because the FA don't like to step on the toes of the supposed big boys.

ALL Spurs supporters have took a hammering this season from the users of this forum, and rightly so, based on results and performances. We have been accused of "spitting out our dummy" by certain members of the forum just because we've not had much to say, even though we had been winning :rolleyes: . Well the fact is that we've not had anything to say because there's been nothing to say. What are we supposed to do, come on here and say "hey everyone, look at us, only 5 points off 7th place and I bet you're all shitting yourselves now"??.

A wise man once told me (you hear me Mitch ;) ) "It's better to say nothing and let people think you're an idiot, rather than open your mouth and prove you are one". Some of us are able to learn from the things we hear and experience in life, if only certain individuals amongst us could do the same thing.

This is a topic that is well worth speaking up about because it pretty much shows every level of disrespect that could be demonstrated by a supposedly PROFESSIONAL organisation. This is not a petty little dig at a rival club, unlike what us Spurs supporters have to endure on a daily basis because you're all so infatuated by us and our club. This is simply me seeking the opinion of ALL the people that read this thread, whether you are a Goon or not.

It will be so interesting to come back in a couple of days to see what the opinions are, especially those of certain Goons and Blue Noses. I reckon I can atleast rely on Mangle to be honest and upfront about the conduct of the club he follows, can the same be said of the others :unsure: ...

So people, what do you make of the whole thing?. What punishment do you think will be dished out (If any)?,

What punishment do you think they deserve?.

Also, how much longer must we endure that excuse for an official who goes by the name of Mike Riley?. EVERY game he takes charge of ends up with him being the talking point and not the football. Luckily for him, Arsenal did their best to ensure that EVERYTHING was about them last night. Just a shame that their actual performance was not worth talking about and they had to rely on weak officials to get them past the mighty Hull, AGAIN..

sorry missed the game only read the game report from teletext, so are talking about gallas spitting at mr horton ? Who is mr horton by the way bit early in the day for me coopsie :D

and why did arsene not shake hands had mr brown annoyed him ??

Where do you get your facts coopsie :drink:

Gallas is not club captain, Cesc Fiberglass is. It was he who "allegedly" (I have to say that again :rolleyes: ) spat in the face of Mr Horton after the final whistle. Mr Horton is Phil Browns assistant at Hull..

As for "where do I get my facts from". Well mate, from watching the game and then absolutely having to wait around to hear every word that the managers had to say when being interviewed by Setanta Sports. However, I only got to hear the opinions of Phil Brown because Arsenal representatives were conspicuous by their absence.

I don't know why Whinger refused to shake hands but he looked across at Phil Brown TWICE before walking down the tunnel, yet still could not find it in his heart to act like the professional that he is supposed to be.

Whether there is a past between them is something we can only speculate about BUT in many years of following the greatest sport on the planet, I have seen quite a few managers who have not exactly seen eye to eye but have still managed a hand shake after the final whistle, even if it was somewhat begrudgingly. Whinger even shook Martin Jol's hand after the game when they squared up to eachother in the technical area. Whether there was a fall out or a past between them is irrelevant because it is still their job to act in a professional manner. They are afterall wonderfully paid to do so.

I saw the game and its right that Hull were robbed.

The events after strikes me of 'classic Arsenal', i.e. absolutely no class, refusing to shake hands and spitting at a member of the oppostions management team is just unacceptable. I really hope they get beaten into 4th.

COYS

Guess what.... Cesc Fiberglass has previously done this before.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/200...15875-21207294/

Apparently it was on You Tube but it wont play, on my PC anyway. It does show him spitting on Ballack a few years ago though from close range so it does seem he "has history".

Throw the book at him I say!!

Sorry Gillo mate,didn't see that post before I made mine. :rolleyes:

Ha Ha no worries.

Just heard a caller on Talksport saying aparrently Whinger said in his eventual interview after the game that he would have shaken hands with Brown and did look for him but Brown was already on the pitch with his players so maybe Whinger is not guilty.

The question I ask is why the hell is Fabregas going on to the pitch after the game? He played no part in the game. Seems to me he has gone looking for an argument. Is he actually allowed on there if he is not part of the playing squad?

Ha Ha no worries.

Just heard a caller on Talksport saying aparrently Whinger said in his eventual interview after the game that he would have shaken hands with Brown and did look for him but Brown was already on the pitch with his players so maybe Whinger is not guilty.

The question I ask is why the hell is Fabregas going on to the pitch after the game? He played no part in the game. Seems to me he has gone looking for an argument. Is he actually allowed on there if he is not part of the playing squad?

Brown was stood in his technical area mate and Wenger looked straight at him TWICE before going off down the tunnel. Brown was still in his technical area when Pat Rice eventually went across to shake his hand. Brown then beckoned his players off the pitch and then went straight to the Setanta interviewer, He didn't go onto the pitch after the game. AS SOON AS THE WHISTLE BLEW for full time the commentators on Setanta pointed out that Whinger had not even bothered to act with dignity and was leaving hand shake duties to Rice, the camera's confirmed this..

Whinger can say what he wants but the camera doesn't lie. There was not a single pundit or commentator that wasn't disgusted by Whingers actions and each one of them said it stinks of unprofessionalism. Let me guess though, Whinger is right and everybody else is just a liar who knows nothing about football.. :angry2:

Trust a Spud to crawl out of the woodwork when there is a hint of scandal. Just because he has done it before doesn't mean he has done it this time. Or are the rules of football different to anywhere else- innocent until proven guilty?

The fact is we beat them and deserved to.

The other facts are that we are in the semi-final of the FA Cup, still in the Champions League and well-placed in the league.

The only scummy rabble in North London are Sp--s. Take a look at the amount of so-called "fans" who have been in trouble with the law over the Sol Campbell business - racist and homophobic abuse I believe. That just about sums them up.

How embarrassing that the best you can do is bring up Sol after last night. The Sol song has been proven not to be racist and to say otherwise just highlights your ignorance.

Your side was in the wrong on several counts, deal with it.

If you want to talk about Homophobic abuse shall we bring up Ashley Cole, Arsenal fans and mobile phones?

Embarrassing

God almighty, so much crap has been written in this thread, I only hope I can reply to some of the "points".

Firstly, Wenger did give an after match interview, on Setanta, after Phil Brown had had his rant, so you had obviously turned over by then. He answered all questions levelled at him. Perhaps you should try to look at that interview before throwing your own comments around.

It was also interesting to hear the common sense views of the studio guests on all the points raised.

Quote Phil Brown regarding the spitting allegation: ""I then witnessed him going down the tunnel and turning round and spitting at my assistant manager's feet. Whichever way you want to look at it, he addressed that spitting incident at my assistant manager who has managed probably 1200 games in his career. Disgraceful act."

Note, at his feet, not in his face. Facts wrong on this thread.

Quote Phil Brown regarding the spitting allegation: "The referee can't report, the referee and the linesmen and the officials had gone down the tunnel and were probably well inside their rooms, same as Mr Wenger, same as the majority of the Arsenal staff and players".

So please don't bring Wenger into something that nobody has said involves him, apart from you lot on here.

Quote Fabregas on the spitting allegation (we had better try to make this a balanced point hadn't we):"I categorically deny that I spat at anybody after the match. I have never done this in my whole career on the pitch, so why would I do it when I am not even playing? I can understand the frustration of losing a game to a dubious goal - that has happened to me many times in my career as well - but this is not the fault of me or any of the Arsenal players."

Quote Phil Brown about the shaking hands situation: "It just shows how we've got up the noses of the Arsenal hierarchy. He wouldn't shake my hand when we beat them fairly 2-1 at the Emirates, he wouldn't shake my hand when they beat us, fairly, 3-1 at the KC Stadium."

And.......??

So what, is it in the rules that he shakes hands? No, I don't think it is. I agree that it is petty, unsportsmanlike and all that, but so what. No rules broken, shut up moaning about it. It's boring.

More quotes from Phil Brown: "Arsene Wenger got my goalkeeper booked. You call that good management? He was complaining about time-wasting. It's an absolute disgrace."

Does anyone seriously think the referee booked the goalkeeper because of Wenger? And so what, he got booked for time wasting, is anybody trying to deny the fact that they were time wasting? Look at the free-kick when he got booked.....he took his time getting the ball, placing the ball, getting ready etc etc, got booked, then somebody else came in to take the kick anyway!! Sure, blame it all on Wenger, it's all his fault of course.

All quotes are from the BBC News website.

You're all jealous that the fantastic big 4 club of North London, the Almighty Arsenal, are on their way into the FA Cup semi-final, deservedly so after a spirited but alas failed attempt by Hull to thwart them.

This is where all the Gunners are. Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha .............

Trust a Spud to crawl out of the woodwork when there is a hint of scandal. Just because he has done it before doesn't mean he has done it this time. Or are the rules of football different to anywhere else- innocent until proven guilty?

The fact is we beat them and deserved to.

The other facts are that we are in the semi-final of the FA Cup, still in the Champions League and well-placed in the league.

The only scummy rabble in North London are Sp--s. Take a look at the amount of so-called "fans" who have been in trouble with the law over the Sol Campbell business - racist and homophobic abuse I believe. That just about sums them up.

Yep, you've really commented on the subject in question there, haven't you Blinkered Betty :wacko: .. :wacko: Do you HONESTLY believe that Phil Brown would have stood infront of a camera that is broadcasting WORLDWIDE and say what he did if it weren't true?. The fact that Fiberglass has done this before is indeed no reason to assume he did it this time, it just makes it more likely and believable that he did.

Look at how aggressive your post is pal, you spend day after day commenting that all us Spuds have gone quiet and questioning where we've gone, then 1 of us opens up a topic about how in the wrong your club ARE and as per usual you respond with insults and aggression. It is a show of absolute desperation that you have had to bring A FEW Spurs supporters into the argument. Isn't it something like THREE people that were actually charged with the offences you mention and nine or so were questioned and released?..

I'm fairly sure that Tottenham Hotspur Football Club is not and cannot be directly responsible for the behaviour of a few supporters scattered amongst several thousand others. However, is Tottenham Hotspur Football Club directly responsible for controlling ALL members of staff, whether playing or not?.The answer is a resounding YES.

Your gutless bunch of cowardly, foreign mercenaries have a solid history of being total wan@*rs, both on and off the pitch. You must be so proud to have a manager with the same adorable personality traits as those that play for him. Atleast this modern crop appear to have learned from those before them, I'm sure the likes of Keown, Adams, Winterburn et al, would be very proud of young Cesc and Arsehole Whinger?..

God almighty, so much crap has been written in this thread

Quote Fabregas on the spitting allegation (we had better try to make this a balanced point hadn't we):"I categorically deny that I spat at anybody after the match. I have never done this in my whole career on the pitch, so why would I do it when I am not even playing?

That'll be the crap then Mangle, or is it just computer wizadry that had Fabregas spitting on Ballack. That young lad needs to get his ass down to his solicitor, there must surely be some sort of case for him to sue the Daily Mirror and You Tube and Sky Sports etc for showing something that clearly did not happen. It can't have happened because Cesc said so :wacko::wacko::rolleyes: ... Also mate, you say you found it interesting to listen to the common sense things that the pundits had to say.. So you agree that Whinger was unprofessional then?.

You're right, there's no written law that states that a handshake must take place. It's just became an accepted part of the game, just like putting the ball out when a player is injured, a kind of unwritten rule if you like. Do you refuse to shake players hand's on a saturday just because you don't like them or have been unhappy with something they've done in the past?. It's all about RESPECT mate, which I thought was supposed to be the big word for this season?.

Clearly respect is something in short supply at "the fantastic big 4 club of North London, the Almighty Arsenal".

God almighty, so much crap has been written in this thread

Quote Fabregas on the spitting allegation (we had better try to make this a balanced point hadn't we):"I categorically deny that I spat at anybody after the match. I have never done this in my whole career on the pitch, so why would I do it when I am not even playing?

That'll be the crap then Mangle, or is it just computer wizadry that had Fabregas spitting on Ballack. That young lad needs to get his ass down to his solicitor, there must surely be some sort of case for him to sue the Daily Mirror and You Tube and Sky Sports etc for showing something that clearly did not happen. It can't have happened because Cesc said so :wacko::wacko::rolleyes: ... Also mate, you say you found it interesting to listen to the common sense things that the pundits had to say.. So you agree that Whinger was unprofessional then?.

You're right, there's no written law that states that a handshake must take place. It's just became an accepted part of the game, just like putting the ball out when a player is injured, a kind of unwritten rule if you like. Do you refuse to shake players hand's on a saturday just because you don't like them or have been unhappy with something they've done in the past?. It's all about RESPECT mate, which I thought was supposed to be the big word for this season?.

Clearly respect is something in short supply at "the fantastic big 4 club of North London, the Almighty Arsenal".

Along with trophies in recent times.......

The reason for my posting was put in this thread some things that added a little balance to the subject. No one has died, yet the postings on this thread are pretty mean.

I am not defending Fabregas, or implying that he did not do. Those words I posted are his, not mine. If you notice, I added no comment under his comments......

I do agree that Wenger not shaking hands is a little unprofessional. However, we do not know all the facts. Again, referring to the pundits in the studio, they actually said that "there may be some previous there that we don't know about". So it can be a little premature throwing harsh comment just after something’s happened without perhaps knowing everything.

Anyway, so what. Shaking hands. Get over it. It may be unprofessional, but I wouldn't give a toss if god, sorry Wenger, didn't shake anybodies hand ever again.

And as for kicking the ball out of play for an injury (you digress, not me), I disagree with that crap. Play on until the whistle goes, then have a contested drop ball to continue. So many players try to con the ref, it's crap and ruining the game we love. Who honestly gives a toss whether Wenger shakes someone's hand? I don't, and I guess not many others. Who gives a toss when players dive (look at Pedersen at the Emirates on Saturday) in an effort to cheat. I do, and I guess many others do too.

Divert your anger at something more meaningful rather than the Mighty Arsenal. Just because we are a bigger, better and more successful club that most others (please refer to my signature for some facts) doesn't mean you have to get all upset when we win a game and try to accuse everyone at the club about this and that.

When it comes to criticism I can give it and I can take it. What pis--s me off more than anything is the way certain spuds use this forum to vent their spleen about us yet get all arsy when we do the same about them. It's all unsubstantiated allegations from a tossy little club from "up north" who are coming out with things simply because they lost. If they had won the game you could bet that nothing would have come out.

Guest danny-efc-pafc

whoever said hull were robbed thats a joke! arsenal where allover hull i think in the end they said arsenal had 17 shots on target compared to hulls 2 and at one point during the game arsenal had 71% possesion arsenal did deserve to go through even if the goal the scored was offside and they are through. in my view hull were rubbish they scored a flukey goal thats all

Aggressive post?

I think you started that one Coopsie!

Mangle is right. So much crap has been written. Mostly by you.

If you didn't want the comments you shouldn't have started the thread - or is that beyond your intelligence?

"I think you started that one Coopsie". How bloody old are you, you pathetic little boy. Are you currently playing tag in the playground with those pupils you endeavour to teach?. As for not wanting the comments, ofcourse I wanted comments. I just figured that they would be about the subject in question and not a pathetic dig at your nearest opposition's supporters, I thought it was us Yids that are too busy clinging to the past. :rolleyes: ..

There's alot of things that are beyond my intelligence Midfield. However, you and your childish put downs are not one of them. Beneath my intelligence maybe, but definately not beyond.

When it comes to criticism I can give it and I can take it. What pis--s me off more than anything is the way certain spuds use this forum to vent their spleen about us yet get all arsy when we do the same about them. It's all unsubstantiated allegations from a tossy little club from "up north" who are coming out with things simply because they lost. If they had won the game you could bet that nothing would have come out.

If they had won the game you could bet Cesc wouldn't be out there on the pitch, for no reason, giving it the "big I am" and stirring trouble!

Lets not let this topic turn into my clubs **** is bigger than your clubs! Arsenal fans what do you think of the alleged spitting incident?

Bloody hell, Has anything been proved yet????? Did he spit at him or did he just spit and it happen to land near him???? I didn't see the game coz i was far to drunk and wouldn't of remembered anything even if i did see the game :drink:

Managers not shaking hands is nothing new, and even though its nice to shake hands you can't make him. If Fabregas did spit at him, and thats a big if, then he should be delt with and given a suitable punishment.

But to be honest i really don't think anyone can really say much about another team, unless of coz your teams never done anything wrong or unsporting. :unsure: Now lets all shake hands and be friends :P :smiley20:

Aggressive post?

If you didn't want the comments you shouldn't have started the thread - or is that beyond your intelligence?

"I think you started that one Coopsie". How bloody old are you, you pathetic little boy. Are you currently playing tag in the playground with those pupils you endeavour to teach?. As for not wanting the comments, ofcourse I wanted comments. I just figured that they would be about the subject in question and not a pathetic dig at your nearest opposition's supporters, I thought it was us Yids that are too busy clinging to the past. :rolleyes: ..

There's alot of things that are beyond my intelligence Midfield. However, you and your childish put downs are not one of them. Beneath my intelligence maybe, but definately not beyond.

You need to bloody well grow up.

You didn't start this topic for sensible comment you started it for an exercise in slagging us off. The only comments you are interested in are the ones that support the version of events you believe are true. If all us Gooners decided to say "ok, it happened and we are all so sorry" you would be happy - wouldn't you? If you want to start sensible topics then do so but in a constructive manner. Just don't expect people who happen to disagree with you lie down and roll over - it ain't going to happen.

I repeat myself - grow up.

Aggressive post?

You need to bloody well grow up.

You didn't start this topic for sensible comment you started it for an exercise in slagging us off. The only comments you are interested in are the ones that support the version of events you believe are true. If all us Gooners decided to say "ok, it happened and we are all so sorry" you would be happy - wouldn't you? If you want to start sensible topics then do so but in a constructive manner. Just don't expect people who happen to disagree with you lie down and roll over - it ain't going to happen.

I repeat myself - grow up.

Hmmmm, seems to me, after reading what the sensible users of this forum have to say, that the only people to take exception to what I've written are..... Goons. How alarmingly surprising.

EVERYTHING I originally wrote was based on what I saw and heard after enduring the game last night and there was absolutely NO underlying attempt to draw any type of reaction out of you Goons. I simply put across my feelings on THIS SUBJECT and kind of hoped that everyone else would follow suit, whether they agreed with my opinion or not. On the whole, most people have done that so far, except for one. I wonder who I'm talking about :rolleyes: ..

I DID START THIS TOPIC FOR SENSIBLE COMMENT AND DEBATE, unfortunately you joined in. Why at the end of your last post did you feel the need to repeat yourself?. Is the old memory packing up or something?. Fella you need to get yourself enrolled into some sort of debating class at the school you teach at, you may well then learn the concept of debate and the difference between that and abuse.

You also need to make up your mind because you either want this Yid to continue to spit out his dummy, or you want him to grow up. I may not be the sharpest tool in the box but I'm fairly certain that dummy use and maturity do not go hand in hand. However, petulance and abusiveness do, although you seem to have already learned and mastered this.

first of all lets be honest here most of the people who comment on premier league sides on this site are not people who go up to the games week in week out so why are they so worried about the teams they dont support . i think coopsie was trying to congratulate arsenal on qualifying for the semi finals of the best cup competition in england and the quarter finals of the best cup competiton in europe :D :D

i think coopsie was trying to congratulate arsenal on qualifying for the semi finals of the best cup competition in england and the quarter finals of the best cup competiton in europe :D:D

I've no problem with them getting as far as possible in any competition sammo, it's the way they conduct themselves en route that is the problem. An extreme lack of sportsmanship and professionalism are hardly the most endearing of qualities are they?. EVERY time something doesn't go Arsenal's way or they don't win, it's ALWAYS somebody elses fault and never their own.

Wenger must be applauded and congratulated for the things he's achieved at that club (in the past), but sometimes I swear to god that he's Neil Warnock in disguise.

i think coopsie was trying to congratulate arsenal on qualifying for the semi finals of the best cup competition in england and the quarter finals of the best cup competiton in europe :D:D

I've no problem with them getting as far as possible in any competition sammo, it's the way they conduct themselves en route that is the problem. An extreme lack of sportsmanship and professionalism are hardly the most endearing of qualities are they?. EVERY time something doesn't go Arsenal's way or they don't win, it's ALWAYS somebody elses fault and never their own.

Wenger must be applauded and congratulated for the things he's achieved at that club (in the past), but sometimes I swear to god that he's Neil Warnock in disguise.

coopsie i know what your saying but most top clubs are the same look at man utd and ferguson they to me are the worse ones of all they even try to get a different referee if they are not happy with the one appionted . last week they lost fergie didnt even give a post match interview . if fabregas did spit at horton he should be punished if not proven we have to move on. on the shaking of hands point i personally would shake hands with all my opponents but if two people dont want to you cant make them . anyhow onward and upward bring on chelsea and im crossing my fingers for utd in the champions league.

Aresenal are no worse - and no better - than anyone else at so-called "professionalism". All teams do it at whatever level they play at. I'm not condoning it, just saying that we can't be singled out just because it suits. With the high stakes in the Prem I'm not surprised.

EVERY time something doesn't go Arsenal's way or they don't win, it's ALWAYS somebody elses fault and never their own.

Now Coopsie you should know as well as anyone that if arsenal have played s**t then i'm the first to say it. You only have to ask my fellow dart players on my opinions of Arsenal when their playing bad, more then once has my team captain had the tv turned off :P:drink:

As for the spitting, i believe the FA have written to Brown and Horton and asked for their account of events. As the match officials have not mentioned the alleged incident in their match report. So we'll have to wait and see if he (Fabregas) is guilty or not :D :smiley20:

Guest Peppermint

What a spoilsport your Darts Team Captain is Anita - I do happen to know her quite well and I will have to have words about turning football on the television off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EVERY time something doesn't go Arsenal's way or they don't win, it's ALWAYS somebody elses fault and never their own.

Now Coopsie you should know as well as anyone that if arsenal have played s**t then i'm the first to say it. You only have to ask my fellow dart players on my opinions of Arsenal when their playing bad, more then once has my team captain had the tv turned off :P:drink:

As for the spitting, i believe the FA have written to Brown and Horton and asked for their account of events. As the match officials have not mentioned the alleged incident in their match report. So we'll have to wait and see if he (Fabregas) is guilty or not :D:smiley20:

Oh Anita darling, I wasn't talking about you silly, or any supporters for that matter. I was referring to the actual club and staff.

Sammo, I totally understand you fella, especially regarding Fergie and his selection of refs. The bit about the lack of post match interview after Man Utd's drubbing by Liverpool is true but it also needs to be taken into account that he didn't give a pre match interview either, so perhaps he had no intention of giving an interview either way?. Didn't something happen not so long ago that resulted in Fergie saying he would not do anymore interviews?.

Guest Helston Patriot

On many occasions i haven't shaken hands with players as i think they are James Blunts win or lose. This is a storm in a tea cup. Spitting on the floor by someones feet.. well if he was aiming for this bloke then he is a shite shot. If he ment to get it on him then i sure he would of.

Dont think hull were robbed

facts... Hull had 5 players booked, Arsenal 2.

Arsenal shots on target 17, 'ull 2.

corners 14-2 arsenal favour.

Poss 58%-42% arsenal favour.

I don't think Its Wengers touch line antics of late that have been in question...Hull manager Phil Brown has been fined £2,500 and warned as to his future conduct by the Football Association.

The charge relates to a touchline confrontation at Newcastle on January 14.

This could go on forever..

End of the day are any of us going to lose sleep over this?? Get over it, i have

Totally agree - it's a storm in a teacup.

We have all been enraged by decisions (or lack of them) and had the "red mist" descend. God, I'm no angel myself! I can really go for it now and again and it's always the same ref! Even Brown admits that Cesc never spat over Horton and that - in his opinion - it went on the floor. (That is if it happened at all!) I abhor spitting for whatever reason but I'm not concerned by any over-reaction. I prefer to see vsome fight and passion in a team than nothing at all.

From the BBC News website: "Hull manager Phil Brown has been fined £2,500 and warned as to his future conduct by the Football Association following a charge of improper conduct. A statement from the FA read: "At a regulatory commission hearing today, Hull City manager Phil Brown was warned as to future conduct and fined £2,500. Brown admitted a charge of improper conduct relating to a touchline confrontation involving himself and Joe Kinnear during an FA Cup match at St James' Park on 14 January."

I doubt very much if this relates to a "non shaking of hands" incident.

He is a bit of a "ranter". However, truth be known, I like the guy. Full of passion, and has engineered a fantastic job at Hull. He is also entitled to moan and groan when things don't go his way.

However, the Mighty and Powerful Arsenal Football Club should not have its name dragged through the mud for no reason when someone like Brown gets a bit stressed.

It is soooooo obvious that most critics of Arsenal, especially on this site, are jealous of the success of this Great North London Mighty Arsenal Machine. Long may it continue.

UP THE GUNNERS.

From the BBC News website: "Hull manager Phil Brown has been fined £2,500 and warned as to his future conduct by the Football Association following a charge of improper conduct. A statement from the FA read: "At a regulatory commission hearing today, Hull City manager Phil Brown was warned as to future conduct and fined £2,500. Brown admitted a charge of improper conduct relating to a touchline confrontation involving himself and Joe Kinnear during an FA Cup match at St James' Park on 14 January."

I doubt very much if this relates to a "non shaking of hands" incident.

He is a bit of a "ranter". However, truth be known, I like the guy. Full of passion, and has engineered a fantastic job at Hull. He is also entitled to moan and groan when things don't go his way.

However, the Mighty and Powerful Arsenal Football Club should not have its name dragged through the mud for no reason when someone like Brown gets a bit stressed.

It is soooooo obvious that most critics of Arsenal, especially on this site, are jealous of the success of this Great North London Mighty Arsenal Machine. Long may it continue.

UP THE GUNNERS.

Oh Mangle, Mangle, Mangle, Is that the best you can do to TRY and draw some kind of reaction out of me and other Spurs supporters? :rolleyes: .. Jealousy is not in the equation mate, you have to remember that Spurs were the FIRST post war English club to do most things. Win a European Cup, Win a league and cup double etc etc. We simply set the standard for the rest to follow ;)

As for your somewhat lazy minded relating of The Brown/Kinnear spat to the spat in question!! That is desperation personified my friend. Totally seperate incident with NONE of the ingredients of this recent incident. You'll find that they were being confrontational over challenges going on during the game and hands were shaken (begrudgingly) after the final whistle. NOBODY spat at, or towards and you'll also find that Brown admitted/did not argue the charge and that's why after a personal hearing and the chance to explain himself, he was given the fine and not a touchline ban.

Do you think those employed by your club will be admitting to any charges put before them?. :unsure:

Midfield, this is meant in the nicest possible way mate.. You remind me of one of those kids at school that would stand behind the cool kid whilst he's amusing everybody by entertainingly putting his point across, then when he's finished, you'd pop your head round from behind him and say "Yeah" in an admiring and worshipping manner before disappearing behind his back to wait until the next time.

Not desperate bud, just saying what I see. It's EXACTLY what you do and I mean no offence whatsoever by that. Almost every time Mangle or any other Gooner supporter have something intellectual, balanced or even abusive to say, up pop your little clappy men and those immortal words "Well said" or "here here" etc.

It's just an observation Midfield, comparable to those light hearted punches you used to give to the upper arm of an old school mate when taking the p**s out of eachother... Once again, NO OFFENCE MEANT and I'm sorry if any was taken. :c:

I have also had plenty to say for myself

thats true, even had one topic where he was talking to himself :P:thumbsup:

No offence taken but I'm only sticking up for my fellow Gooners like you Spuds stick up for each other. I have also had plenty to say for myself over the months which others have supported as well.

here here :rolleyes:

I have also had plenty to say for myself

thats true, even had one topic where he was talking to himself :P:thumbsup:

No offence taken but I'm only sticking up for my fellow Gooners like you Spuds stick up for each other. I have also had plenty to say for myself over the months which others have supported as well.

here here :rolleyes:

Now that's funny. Good old Anita (Old in wisdom, not years ;) ), always readily available to lighten the mood :thumbsup: .

A Chelsea viewpoint (hate Arsenal, quite like Tott).. Thoroughly agree with the initial thread Coopsie. However, as I believe you actually go to watch games as I do, we have a different perspective on the game. Obviously the armchair pundits will defend "their" club to the hilt.

I had a lot of sympathy for Hull esp as they were robbed by an offside goal. As for the statistics of the game, the only one that matters is the one at the top-left corner of the screen.

Mike Riley is one of the worst refs (we had him for Chelsea v Man C last Sun). He is one of those who would rather NOT give a decision and be proved wrong rather than give a decision and be proved wrong (it's known as protecting your own ass). Easier to say "I didn't see it" rather than "I was wrong".

Wenger is a very arrogant man (but then, so was Jose but at least he was funny). Perhaps it takes that sort of personality to succeed.

I hope we can appease all true supporters and beat the gunners on April 18th in the semi (and Guus can ignore Wenger!!).

Hello friends !

Back from my unexplained ban. Thank you for the flowers and grapes, but there was no need !

I come back and what do I find ? Rancorous abuse. It's disgraceful. Good job I'm back to raise standards. Glad to read a sensible post from my fellow blue-nose above. Arsenal can enjoy their moment of triumph against Grimsby or whomever they spat at, but Didier will defeat the Red Scum 1-0 in the final again just like last time, probably in a dreadful game, but who cares as long as the ribbons are blue ? To be fair to Arsenal, they did get to the quarter-final. I can't remember whether it was Spurs or Derby who went out rather spectacularly. Must admit I find them hard to distinguish: same colours, similar hoofer style, so on....

Horton ? Wasn't he a Manchester City manager in a past life ? Or am I confusing him with a cartoon elephant from CBBC ?

Essien's back: two from two so far !

Juast watch the Blues take the treble ! :D

:thumbsup: Hopefully Chelsea will overcome their opponents and meet Everton in the final,at least there will be one team from the Mersey at Wembley,good luck,

Aresenal are no worse - and no better - than anyone else at so-called "professionalism". All teams do it at whatever level they play at. I'm not condoning it, just saying that we can't be singled out just because it suits. With the high stakes in the Prem I'm not surprised.

I think your team is spelt Arsenal,not Aresenal,

Shane-the-Buck, I'd just like to say thank you for keeping the proper spirit of contribution to this site alive in my absence. Dave Deacon sent me to the stand for a couple of weeks without explanation, but your posts have been splendid and I do hope you'll keep up to the same standards in future !

Well done ! They don't like it up'em !!

Respect !

THE TEWSTER THEY TRIED TO BAN !!!! :drink: :D