Cornwall Football Forum

Listening to Radio St.Austell Bay last Saturday and checking with the SWPL it is looking likely we may have a name change for next season.

SWPL(W) club St.Austell to change to A.F.C. St.Austell.

What is the reason for this?

If it is for a gimmick it is becoming 'old hat' as I have counted 65 teams(current or folded) who have used this guise.

F.C. is the newer prefix title as in F.C.United of Manchester

Guest Postie Pidge

Could it be a way of winding up the old St Austell and re-forming as AFC St Austell with the previous financial debts eliminated under the new guise?

Guest The Judge aka RED OR DEAD

I hop that no one, including any businesses lose any money due to this 'parting of the ways'. If anyone does, then perhaps the council or whoever dishes out the grants or puts money into the club, should ensure that any debtors are paid off first.

I'm not saying that St Austell AFC have done anything wrong but I hope that AFC St Austell do the right thing.

Gonna have to change the flags boys !

Just to confirm that from my days on the St.Austell committee in the 1980's, the Social Club was always a separate legal entity and organisation from it's opening in 1982. It was set up that way and I believe remained so until it closed.

The change of name was I think to disassociate the football side from the defunct social club and done to coincide with the new long lease negotiated with Restormel so that the major ground improvements can start.

Guest The Judge aka RED OR DEAD

Definately something not quite right at Poltair !

Spoke with someone on the inside of AFC this week and they are fully expecting a fine from either the SWPL, CCFA or FA but don't seem to think it will go as far as a points deduction either this season or next. If they have done nothing wrong or not gone into administration or a change of constitution, why expect a fine ?

The person concerned refused to comment on the debt situation but from the reaction I got, someone, somewhere is going to be out of pocket. I'm not sure about the Football Clubs association with a clubhouse that served the club and was solely there because of the football but I smell many rats !