Cornwall Football Forum

Big Games for this weekend. (duchy prem)

Guest ECPL Supporter

You are right, it is a big weekend skyblues. I think Edgcumbe will nick it against Gunni while Torpoint will show their bouncebackability to beat St Teath. I wonder if all the teams would take a point each now though??

will be a tough fixture away at gunni, but after a few games we are starting to find some match sharpness again and are looking strong. from what i told torpoint battered gunni and the scoreline didnt do them justice, but we are expecting a tough game after the fixture at the beginning of the season and want nothing but a win.

torpoint seem to be in a bit of a rut at the mo and desperatley need 3 points against st teath to keep them in it, but i suppose the same goes for st teath, will be a great game down there.

ECPL Supporter i wouldnt take a draw, we are in a win win situation regardless

Guest gunniplayer

roll on edgcumbe this weekend we have confidence in our own ability to cause an upset and i know me and the other players will be wishing the week goes past quickly. we got to play edgcumbe twice in two weeks and no doubt both games wil be won be the odd goal.

i think st teath against torpoint cud end up in a draw, st steath need to bounce back with a win just as much as torpoint and may cancel each other.whats the latest team news so far for edgcumbe, st teath and torpoint?

St Teath have a game in hand on us so if they don't beat Torpoint then the only team that has the League in its hands is Edgcumbe. I am sure both St Teath and Torpoint have things to prove because they have both had indifferent month's so far, but let's make it clear they are both good sides who will still be there come the end of the campaign.

***St Teath 0 - 0 Torpoint (2 - 3) my forecast

***Gunnislake 1 - 0 Edgcumbe (1 - 4) my forecast

***Best results for St Dennis i believe but sure it won't be that.

edgcumbe are almost back to full strength i think

one of our injured players rested last week to save himself for gunni

at least the pitch should be ok with the good weather we are having

wot about the gunni team? i think u should rest kelly for the quater final next week lol

Guest gunniplayer

gunni are at full strength for saturday last i heard.

the pitch is looking good compared to what i looked like at the end of the game last saturday.lol. jarrys gets the rest he needs on sunday's by staying in bed most of the day(lazy bast**d)

probably wright football fan,i presume you play for one of them.May not be St Teaths year who knows but unlike the others i think they may well get stronger next year.Interesting preseaon as usual to see who goes where and that may include a couple of managers!Honestly Football fan surely only 2 can win the league,Edgecumbe and St Dennis we have all known that from day 1,but the rest of us can dream.Torpoint are now doubt a good side,but away games to looe and edgecumbe will probably cost them as it may well us.Best of luck to all for the rest of the season.I owe apology to taffa gaffer hopefully have apint after whatever the result.

Guest gunniplayer

football fan i dont think the result of 6-1 like you predict wil be anywhere near correct , it wil be won by a narrow marginbut all i know is that its gona be a good game to playing in, hopefully no one from either side will be seriously hurt like the last time.that injury was jus a freak accident from 2 players fully commited to winning the ball

kitbag i think you will beat torpoint on saturday. They are struggling after a couple of bad results and you are probably the last side they need to play at this moment in time. either way its going to be a good result for us.

Was a shocking injury to Nathan May, completely freak accident. Didnt realise it was that severe although it was clear his leg was broken at the time, hard to carry on playing the match after an injury like that.

Our game will be tough to call, hopefully a win for us though. see too many goals in it mind you.

Dont know about that bigdawg struggling ourselves at the moment,long term injuries and addie jeffs banned for a few weeks.Jonnie may now playing in bodmin squad reguarly,unable to bring in anyone at present ,will only get worse over the next couple of weeks with holidays and family weddings.

Dont think Foxhole 2 happy at the moment,apparently there captain played for st dennis against us in our league game and got booked,he is now suspended .Cant confirm that he did play would not know him from adam,couldnt be that good didnt stand out much,unlike C brown,R hawke and little lee rickard.Never mind on to the next one.

Yes Will Mark Rowe did play he was the one big lad at the back. Got the yellow card just before half time. He was my captain for the 2nd team when we were in Duchy One. He misses 5 games for Foxhole apparently. Like you said he didn't stand out, infact he did say afterwards that the game was quicker then he his use too. So some credit to both our teams.

Hi jonnie,didnt know who he was,i watched bodmin last night and someone connected to foxhole couldnt understand why he played at all ,as you had your regular players available.A bit surprised myself to be honest,the only time i have used senior players connected to St Teath is when our lads have been out or away.As i said yesterday that will happen a lot now and we cannot bring anyone in after end of march,that will cost us.

Guest edgcumbetillidie

Couple of tasty games this weekend. Torpoint/St Teath can go either way in my eyes. But i think Torpoint will be well up for this game, compared to last saturday when they only had three days of rest after 180 minutes of footy in the final, they have had a week off to re-group and will be more than up for this game. However, St Teath will be looking for a recovery after the 4-1 defeat to the very much inform St Dennis. Not one for the accumalator i must admit.

Same goes for Edgcumbe/Gunni really. From our home game it is clear to see they are a solid team with some great players, but as had been said on this thread before, i think the horrific injury to Nathan May dampened the spirits of both teams for the second half, so no real football was played, although if i remember you did have the ball in the back of our net, but was offside? Anyway, glad to hear that Nathan is on the road to recovery, it is going to be a long time and a lot of patience is needed but i'm sure he has good mates around him in the gunni team, who seem like a decent bunch of guys.

I think i speak for everyone at Edgcumbe FC when i say that we hope to see him playing again in the not too distant future.

As for scores, i will go for

Torpoint 3 St Teath 2

Gunnislake 1 Edgcumbe 2

Great weekend of footy in the duchy prem!

Guest edgcumbetillidie

**** compared to last saturday when they only had three days of rest after 180 minutes of footy in the final****

Sorry, 120 minutes.

dont think the final had much of an impact fitness wise to be honest, they have a big squad and changed it around a bit so its an easy excuse in my opinion. we train hard on a thursday night and are still ok for a sat. i can see how the defeat would affect them psychologically though, especially a 5-2 mauling after they should have won the game.

st teath to nick it 2-1 i reckon, may have a few out but at home i still think they'll get the win, could go either way though on the day though.

I think you will find Will we had 1 or 2 injuries during the week and Mark Rowe has been available for a few weeks with Foxhole not having a game. Chris Brown, Ryan Hayhurst were struggling along with Lee Rickard and Mike Brown Mrs was expecting. If you don't know Mark can also play upfront.

It worked out for us on the day because all the above played, although Mark was a previous captain of the team i suppose he his still a senior player. Don't think it made a big difference because he didn't have the best of games in truth.

Thanks for the number will arrange a vets game for April 5th if we can.

Nathan will never play again but i know he wants to come down to watch to-morrow as the 2nd's don't have a game. Told me that he want's to meet the people that were so good to him when waiting for the Air Ambulance.

Just want to know when Torpoint battered us??????????????

Edgecumbe could be lucky, we got Dean and Dale out. Stef Kelly and Neil Davey very doubtful after training on Weds.

Guest tafc.-gaffa

Must of been 2 different games on that day!, and im happy to say we ran that game and were always in control. I would never say we battered you but we ran the game. Good luck tomorrow as your a great side that can beat anyone.

Guest ECPL Supporter

football fan i dont think the result of 6-1 like you predict wil be anywhere near correct , it wil be won by a narrow marginbut all i know is that its gona be a good game to playing in, hopefully no one from either side will be seriously hurt like the last time.that injury was jus a freak accident from 2 players fully commited to winning the ball

footballfan wasn't far off then!!!!