Cornwall Football Forum

Tis I who has only recently joined them Wildee, so have not commented on this subject!!!!! numbnuts has been there from the beginning.,.....but my opinion seems you ask is West Cornwall Ludgvan and New Boys.....however I hope Storm pip New boys!!!! No offence to New Boys, jut an ex Storm pro!!!!!

Don't quote me on this, but it could just be a one horse race.

I've heard on the grapevine that Ludgvan are under investigation for the affairs with signing the 6/7 players from Heamoor. As only 1 7day transfer can be completed between clubs and after that has to be 28day.

The story I've heard is that these players was meant to be signed for the combo squad, but every one after 1 week of playing there got dropped down to play for divison 3.

Really unfair really as it messed up Heamoors season, just glad to see them still in there fighting for it and improving every week.

Like i said don't quote me but in my oppinion would be very much deserved.

Interesting about Ludgvan.....watch this space I feel! If all their goings on are above board then I think they will go on to win the title. They are scoring bags of goals and most importantly not conceding and just their sheer number of games in hand should see them good. A bit like the premiership ( ? ), the big battle is going to be for 2nd place which I think will see New Boys just pip West Cornwall too. We've played all 3 sides and they have some good players throughout and should all go on to do well in the higher leagues. Dark horse - St. Ives Mariners good mix of youth and steady seasoned older lads!

Being part of newboys, I would like to think so. But going on results since christmas we need to get back into winning ways to have any chance. Thank god we haven't been losing! Big game this weekend in the league cup. (Newboys v West Cornwall) 1 a piece so far this season both really tight games.

Wish everyone the best of luck for the rest of the season, lets just hope the New Boys have a little more than the others.

Guest Markdavis

Lol what a load of rubbish. I would love to know who these heamoor players are because we haven't seen them. I think you might have us confused with another club.

Gaff please get your facts straight before you come on here and write a load of bollocks about us

cheers

mark

Lol what a load of rubbish. I would love to know who these heamoor players are because we haven't seen them. I think you might have us confused with another club.

Gaff please get your facts straight before you come on here and write a load of bollocks about us

cheers

mark

I agree, sounds like a load of old rubbish. My tip is indeed Ludgvan, in great form, scoring and not conceding too many, although I understand that they have both games against West Cornwall to play, and they may be the deciders.

Guest lynchmob

Just to clear things up, i run heamoor footy club and Ludgvan did come in and offered many of my players money to play for Ludgvan without putting in any 7 day approaches, which as far as i know is against the rules. Though this was the combination side not the Ludgvan team that play in mining 3, this made it very difficult for me and the club!! and Ludgvan combo should be ashamed of themselves being a combo side and affecting junior football like this!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Also similar things have happened to Madron reserves this year.

Something should be done by the F.A

:angry2:

cheers

mark

My god, obviously someone can't read. I don't have any facts just saying what i've heard, thats why i said "don't quote me on this." Also this is the whole point of the forum, to find things out bout Cornish football and talk to fellow clubs. So before you write something read it properly first and I will say again i heard on the grapevine........

Cheers

Gaff

gaff you hear that story from a ladybird book???? :wacko:

Probably!!! Thats why you hadn't heard the story.......Little bit advanced.

I would like to also say, I hope it is a load of rubbish, too many point are taken and leagues ruinned in Cornish football from stupid things. Again i will state I wish every one the best of luck, and may the best team win.

My money is on Ludgvan to win the title, but going to be close. The 2 games against West Cornwall may well throw a spanner in the works. Don't rule out the New boys yet hopefully this weekend we will be back to winning ways, the same next week in the league.

Guest Damien_Wager

I've heard on the grapevine that Ludgvan are under investigation for the affairs with signing the 6/7 players from Heamoor. As only 1 7day transfer can be completed between clubs and after that has to be 28day.

The story I've heard is that these players was meant to be signed for the combo squad, but every one after 1 week of playing there got dropped down to play for divison 3.

Really unfair really as it messed up Heamoors season, just glad to see them still in there fighting for it and improving every week.

You can quote me on this. I was one of the first players signed by new manager Matt Spencer back in October, and Along with myself, several other players were signed, a number of which WERE from Heamoor. However, we were not dropped down to the Mining 3 team, if anything, our relationship with the Reserve squad was somewhat hostile, and in nearly everyones mind whilst playing there, Ludgvan reserves were more of aseperate team rather than a reserve team, as the players refused to make a SINGLE appearance for the Combo side. Not very sportsman-like if you ask me.

Anyway, we continued to show up week in, week out, getting hammered every week, in most cases double figured results, but we continued to show our loyalty as we were looking to the future and looking forward to the ''promises'' the clubs committee and Chairman had made . . . . That, never happened.

Dont get me wrong, im not saying Ludgvan should not be under investigation, as I remember a certain game back in either November or December, Away against Newquay in which we fielded an 'illegal' squad. And this was not an issolated case.

I just wanted to clear this up.

You can quote me on this. I was one of the first players signed by new manager Matt Spencer back in October, and Along with myself, several other players were signed, a number of which WERE from Heamoor. However, we were not dropped down to the Mining 3 team, if anything, our relationship with the Reserve squad was somewhat hostile, and in nearly everyones mind whilst playing there, Ludgvan reserves were more of aseperate team rather than a reserve team, as the players refused to make a SINGLE appearance for the Combo side. Not very sportsman-like if you ask me.

Anyway, we continued to show up week in, week out, getting hammered every week, in most cases double figured results, but we continued to show our loyalty as we were looking to the future and looking forward to the ''promises'' the clubs committee and Chairman had made . . . . That, never happened.

Dont get me wrong, im not saying Ludgvan should not be under investigation, as I remember a certain game back in either November or December, Away against Newquay in which we fielded an 'illegal' squad. And this was not an issolated case.

Thank you for clearing things up, it makes a change for someone to tell the truth on things which go on inside a club.

Too many people come on here and try b**ls*****g their way out of things. Like I said it was something I heard on the grapevine and i'm suprised no-one else has brought it up before hand as I was told this a couple of months ago.

Thank you for clearing things up, it makes a change for someone to tell the truth on things which go on inside a club.

Too many people come on here and try b**ls*****g their way out of things. Like I said it was something I heard on the grapevine and i'm suprised no-one else has brought it up before hand as I was told this a couple of months ago.

Why has everyone gone quiet?????? Has a nerve been touched which no-one was meant to find out about. Everyone wanted to get involved a few days ago!

ludgvan reserves are led by a manager akin to the pied piper, wherever he goes most of the team tend to follow. formerly of hayle afc (3rds) and prior to that i believe it was mariners reserves, contraversy is never far away. having said that, they do have some half decent players who are very loyal

ludgvan reserves are led by a manager akin to the pied piper, wherever he goes most of the team tend to follow. formerly of hayle afc (3rds) and prior to that i believe it was mariners reserves, contraversy is never far away.

Damn ladies men :unsure::o:rolleyes:

On topic though, I'd like C.N.B to pull it off. Just a decent group of lads doing their best to enjoy a saturday afternoon. Can't be bad :c:

Guest paperboy

Could go right down to the wire.. The end of the season is drawing nearer.. And after the results today.

Next month will prove to be a big month in mining 3.. Don't write anyone off.. Even if you don't like them....

:c:

My money is still on Ludgvan winning the league. Although a slight set back this weekend just gone i'm sure they will win the home leg and go on and take the title. Good luck to all. Been an up and down season for everyone.

• 4 weeks later...

could all be down to tomorrow nights game between west cornwall and ludgvan!? i believe west cornwall only need a point from their last 2 games to win the league! seems like those writing them off and predicting a 3rd place finish for the lads were wrong, any thoughts on how the league will pan out and who will get promoted?

Well providing we win our last game in my opinion it will finish

West Cornwall

Ludgvan

Storm

Cornish New Boys

St Ives Mariners

From what ive heard all 5 could go up as two teams are pulling out of mining two, but then thats hear say i suppose. Can only hope though as storm i think will pip us to third being that they are 3 points in front with us both having one game left, and them playin madron where i believe strom will get all 3 points (no disrespect to an improving Madron side) :c:

Guest mikey catterall

it would be good to see storm 2nds go up good bunch of lads ur doing a good job with the boys matt and i hope ben is adding some disiplin to the side :lol: best of luck to u and the boys

i do not see why it is unfortunate. we at titans went up last season and yes our season has been hard.but surely we are all in football to try and progress as clubs were possible.

also in storms case if the 1st team are trying to get promoted to the combo league it would be a lot better for the seconds to be in as high a league as possible :clapper: :thumbsup:

i agree with that top 5 also, although i heard the other day that you guys and st ives announced you weren't going for promotion in the last league meeting?? any truth in that rumor?

I cant speak for St Ives but we definately have not refused promotion as we havent even been asked? What league meeting was this suppose to be anyway??????

All this will be irrelivant if the teams dont pull out of mining 2, although we would only need one to pull out if we win our last game, anyone know if there will be one pulling out????? :blink:

Cheers Mikey,

You keep banging em in mate I see!

If we hadn't have lost 5 out of our first 8 games we would have been closer to the top but it took me a while to whip em into shape.

You guys looking good for promotion?

Also Ben and discipline don't really go do they???

Think you misunderstood me Pat, I was being rhetoric when I said unfortunately, Storm have already won Div 3 in the past so we would never ask not to be promoted!! I was just mentioning the fact that the rules had changed to prevent anyone even thinking it!

cheers

:smiley20:

Guest mikey catterall

Cheers Mikey,

You keep banging em in mate I see!

If we hadn't have lost 5 out of our first 8 games we would have been closer to the top but it took me a while to whip em into shape.

You guys looking good for promotion?

Also Ben and discipline don't really go do they???

yeh i remember ur start to the season but ur ok now u had a good result saturday my spy "carter" told me :lol: were doing ok in leauge i think 4points out of last 3games will do it when ben is fit and disiplined he is a very good defender/holding midfielder goodluck to storm and all mining3 teams