Cornwall Football Forum

Sunday 15/3 Results

Crowntown 5 Shortlanesend 1

Crowntown eased their way past Shortlanesend to reach the final of the Peter Hickey Cup which will be against Star, who share their ground.

The home side applied a lot of pressure, many chances and quite a few useful shots without troubling the ref's scoresheet.

There was a collective sigh of relief when Stuart Smeeth beat the offside and scored after around 30 minutes. He added a second before half time from an excellent move that gave Darren Browning ample time to pick his spot for a low cross that Stuart turned in.

Second half was pretty similar with all the pressure coming from Crowntown. Stuart Smeeth completed his hat-trick, Peter Lamin picked up the scraps when the away keeper dropped a high cross and Jason Smeeth finished the Crowntown goals by flicking the ball over a defender and sweetly lobbing the keeper on the volley.

Crowntown were within a minute of their first clean sheet since October 2004 (Honestly!) when Alex Wheatcroft hit a fine shot past the Crowntown Keeper.

Well done Shortlanesend, fine spirit and lots of effort. Dave Baxter, the ref, almost smiled.

Guest Postie Pidge

Crowntown were within a minute of their first clean sheet since November 2003 (Honestly!) when Alex Wheatcroft hit a fine shot past the Crowntown Keeper.

Sunday 17th October 2004:

Crowntown 3 - 0 Star

Guest Benny4

yes it was tms 4 astro 3. after extra time

Tms started off very poor, all of us were shite, penzance astro took advantage and were 3 goals to the good at half time. TMS got a goal back in the first few minutes of the 2nd half, scored by richard pascoe. Midway through the second half, I (richard Bennetts) picked up the ball on the edge of astro 18 yard box, took the ball past 1 player into the box and was taken out, penalty. Mez lined up to take it, passed it straight to there keeper, lol and the rebound, ball fell to 10 legs who struck the ball into the net with an awesome volley from the edge of 18 yard box. Play continued with both team missing chances until 5 minutes from time I (richard Bennetts) played what can only be described as an awesome ball over the top of the astro defence for nathan crowl to get on the end of, take it round the keeper and equalize.

Extra time saw tms dominate hitting the post twice and really should have won by more. A corner was swung in and dan Taylor rose like a salmon to head the ball past the astro keeper, 4 - 3 tms, a well deserved win, well played us.

Also heard that railway were stuffed 3 - 1 by tremough, shame really cause TMS were looking forward to wooping them ourselves in the final, lol. I heard they only went down there with 10 men, shame for the railway players, this can only be down to bad man manegment, lol. Good luck next week, am sure you will have your revenge.

Guest dave0911

the mighty mullion lose 1-0 having to play alot of the game with 10 men due to various reasons. held out real well until we conceeded.

HOWEVER the little blonde kid upfront SEAN HASKELL MILLS missed from 1YARD out, open goal

ball WAS NOT bouncing, he went to strike the ball and FELL OVER, would have taken us to 1-0 and probably won the game, it was the sort of game where whoever scored first would have won.

PLONKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest Benny4

benny4 cant be the management side of it we got it right 3 times against TMS this season :drink::drink::drink::drink::ninja: ######

Yes you did, well done, however thats not what i was talking about, the fact that you went to a cup semi final with 10 men is rather poor wouldn't you say, good management would have prepared his team better, had a larger squad but hey what do i know, is only my opinion. Good luck next week, bit of luck you might be able to raise a team, lol. hugs and kisses mr merryfield ######

Guest stealth

benny4 cant be the management side of it we got it right 3 times against TMS this season :drink::drink::drink::drink::ninja: ######

Yes you did, well done, however thats not what i was talking about, the fact that you went to a cup semi final with 10 men is rather poor wouldn't you say, good management would have prepared his team better, had a larger squad but hey what do i know, is only my opinion. Good luck next week, bit of luck you might be able to raise a team, lol. hugs and kisses mr merryfield ######

benny4 :drink: x

Sunday Knock- Out Cup Semi- final

St Blazey 2 v 3 Carlyon Arms

A huge THANK YOU to Sticker for hosting this semi final and what a semi final it was !! With 2 St Blazey management being asked to leave the pitch side and a player sent off. It was a good end to end game of football at times with good football being played, shame the supporters and management of St Blazey dont know how to be sporting !! The abuse towards the REF and some Carlyon Arms players was quite disgusting and St Blazey should be ashamed of themselves. There is no place in football for this, especially seeing as there was young children at the game.

With Craig Phillips hitting the inside of the bar and the ball dropping in over the line gave Carylon Arms the lead but just before half time St Blazey scored an equiliser. An early goal in the 2nd half put Blazey back in control and looked like Carlyon Arms were out of the Cup, but a superb goal from Chris Dingle near the half way line drew them back equal much to the amazement of everyone watching the game, with full time immenent extra time looked likely but then Carylon Arms were awarded a free kick which Chris took and somehow seemed to find Craig Phillips's head and the ball seemed to just trickle over the line. Within a minute or so the final whistle was blown and Carlyon Arms were in yet another final. Huge congratulations to you all and especially Dinx the manager. Well deserved :yahoo: :thumbsup: