Cornwall Football Forum

SWPL Results 14/3/09

Callington 5 Wendron 0

shocking day for us, credit to Callington for playing some slick football and the numbers 7 and 10 ( not sure of any names) looked class and surely have played higher standard

sayin that though, we were shocking today , didnt really even come out the changing rooms, worst performance i have seen by us in fact i could say! be happy to put this game behind us! good luck to Callington for next week

Dan fair reply mate, i feel vospers created a fair few chances, "G"'s defence did well and coped well with vospers but in saying that there was only one team likely to win. Vospers have shown what they have done of late, battled and played with a bit more passion. lovely strike from maynard for the opening goal, and a rather fortunate distance shot from Gill for the second, mind you he is a keeper by trade. much deserved win for vospers, lifting them off the bottem of the table.

Guest Peppermint

I think Mr Gill was helped a good deal from McKellar's sliced clearance and Gill missed an absolute sitter in the second half when he completely missed the ball altogether.

Peppermint and Dan Blazey... you were both obviously at the game today between Godolphin and Vospers, anyone care to give a brief match report on how the game panned out, scorers, stand out players etc. Vospers off the bottom of the league for the first time this season, looking like they are finally showing some sort of form!!

Guest The Judge aka RED OR DEAD

SWPL West: Godolphin Atlantic 0-2 Vospers Oak Villa

Attendance: 38 (headcount)

Bottom club Vospers fully deserved this victory. I thought the G were very poor and failed to create anything of note.

Still a pub team, beaten by the bottom of the league side, 38 inc a Newquay fan and a Blazey fan, we took 50 or so away for a tin pot cup match !

ONE TEAM IN NEWQUAY - the table don't lie !

Judge,wrong information again 2 Newquay supporters at the game as I was there also,not being able to get to St Austell.

I thought Godolphin had some really good youngsters who aquitted themselves well and I think the Newquay faithfull as you describe them are not of the same opinion as you ,calling Godolphin a pub team .

Godolphin have made major progress in recent years and should be congratulated for this achievment

Fair comment dan, we were very dissapointing today and created very little although i still fancied us fo a point until that awful second goal. We we were having our best spell and kieran avery had just shot narrowly wide but the second goal killed us off.

Although we were below par i feel Vospers deserve credit for their peformance, they certainly dont look like a team at the bottom of the league. strong, hard working side with solid central midfield. Good luck to them.

As for you judge, lets see if your comments come back to haunt you (again) when you come to Godolphin, on Good Friday.

You continualy disrespect us (and almost everybody and everything, including the cup comp )on this website and get carried away with yourself because you r having 1 decent season, but you still haven't won anything yet or indeed for a vere very very very very very long time !!!!

talk is cheap judge, but you know as well as i do that Godolphin have been the most successful and progressive team in newquay for a good few years now. If you do achieve something this season then Jim and the newquay boys will deserve credit for it. But turning a good season into silverware is another matter, so we'll wait and see.

Also,having spoken to many newquay players this season, almost without exception they all tell me you are a total idiot and a complete embarrassment to them and the club, i wonder why ?

derek.he wasnt on here to tell everybody how shit his team was when they got a hammering at perranporth in the cup,he was so quiet at the game as well,only sing when your winning,prat :yahoo: :yahoo:

Bazzer,

its good to hear that you came to the game yesterday and could still find something possitive to say about us despite a very lacklustre performance and a defeat to bottom of the league. We are up against it at the moment with a lot of players out but the youngsters are doing very well as you quite rightly pointed out.

Its good to hear that not all Newquay Supporters share the same mentality as the so called Judge,

See you on Good Friday.

Guest The Judge aka RED OR DEAD

I may have certain views about our nearest and dearest neighbours, but Derek, how much has your nose grown ? Most of our players wouldn't talk to you through a medium let alone in person, it is you that most of our boys think are an irritating little man.

I have said before and will repeat it. G deserve to be in this Division due to sucess in getting out of the lower leagues and fair play to all involved. But as with any local rivalry, both sides will always say they are better. At this point in time, the league table don't lie. Looking forward to Good Friday.

From what i have seen Judge ,all the Newquay players have the greatest of respect for Derek and the Godolphin team,indeed most of the players are mates off the pitch,quite a few Godolphin players use our clubhouse for a pint with the Newquay boys and they will always be welcome

Good god, what is wrong with taking the mick out of your rivals??? What do you want the Judge and any other Newquay fan to do for that matter? Lick their grass pitch clean!!! Come on get real. Having banter and different opinions is what football is all about. It seems people have a serious problem with people who generally get behind their football team. Dont knock anyone who follows local football.....there aint enough as it is!!! :angry2:

Guest sazzle

We may have lost to the Magpies (who are no doubt a gd squad that has cost alot to put 2gether) but the Seagulls played well and did the supporters proud.

:c:

Guest Peppermint

I was at the Godolphin Atlantic v Vospers Oak Villa game reporting for Atlantic FM - Derek is quite correct that Vospers look far better than a team near the bottom of the table. They have visited Newquay twice in the last seven days and gave Newquay a fright before losing at Mount Wise and deservedly overcame Godolphin.

Derek did not mention the whole raft of players that his team were missing but the 'G' created some chances but Aaron Maynard took his goal well ten minutes before half time with a twenty five yard shot that gave the keeper no chance.

In the second half both sides had chances and substitute Kieran Avery ran through and was narrowly wide and Phil Lowry could have done better with another effort. The visitors also created chances and Gill completely miskicked with the goal at his mercy. McKeller denied them with a brilliant interception but was very unlucky when he sliced a Gill shot into his own net to double the lead for Oak Villa.

I thought young Scott Flannigan had a very good game for the home team and Maynard for the visitors was good. Aaron Dilley looks class for the 'G' and obvious;y Phil Lowry is always a threat.

One point about the visitors line up - there were four subs named in their squad and one of them is the Assistant manager but I could only count one sub sitting in the dugout and ex Peppermint Olly Deadman was one of the subs named but I did not see him at the game!!

Congratulations to Vospers for getting themselves of the bottom with Millbook losing and they certainly do not look like a struggling team and any team that faces them for the rest of the season will have a good game on their hands - well organised.

Finally can I reiterate Bazzer's comments - I am always made welcome at the 'G' and good luck to them for the rest of the season except Good Friday that should be a 12noon kick off.

Guest bigdawg1

i think vospers got a good deal with him. a keeper, centre half now a centre mid player!!

is there anything this lad can't do baptist!?

hahahaha self praise is no praise gilly

Guest bigdawg1

arguable but Gill is doing a job atm, when allen's back is sorted the midfield would be back to full strength... where next for the Gill!?

[/quote

haha, im guessing united by the way ur speaking !!!