Division One

Elburton Villa 5 Holsworthy 0

Lifton 0 Camelford 1

Nanpean Rovers 0 Bude Town 9

Roche 1 Polperro 2

St Blazey 0 St Stephens Borough 2

St Columb Major 2 Plymstock United 4

Rowett Insurance League Cup semi-final second leg

Lanreath 5 St Dominick 1 (Lnareath won on aggregate 6-2)

After our win against St Stephens yesterday we have now played everyone in the league at least once and for me it's got to be Torpoint.

They have been the best side we have played this season and have the games in hand to overtake Saltash at the top.

St Stephens are a physical well drilled unit and despite a great campaign to date are running out of games and have still to play Torpoint twice and away to Launceston and may begin to tail off.

Launceston are also very well organised and difficult to break down, but don't score enough goals for me and although five of their last six games are at home that 1-0 defeat at home to Sticker in midweek has really dented their chances.

Sticker could have gone close, but the pressure of having a lot of games to catch up plus the heavy defeat at Torpoint and dropping two more points at home to Wadebridge yesterday either side of the win against Launceston will prove their undoing.

Saltash are in pole position and have stil to play Biscovey and Probus at home, but their last three away games are against Sticker, Tavistock and Torpoint (title decider that one?) and I can't see them getting anything more than draws in those three games.

Both Tavistock and ourselves are two of the form teams at the moment and have both to play at home to Torpoint and although we will both finish comfortably in mid table, may have a say in where the title ends up.

However, the only thing that I can see stopping Torpoint winning back to back titles is the knock on affect the resignation of 1st team manager Ian Stephens has on Ricky Cardews lads.

If any of the 1st team squad decide to leave between now and the end of the season, the reserves may be weakened by 1st team call ups and this may cause a problem, although knowing Ricky I'm sure he'll sort things accordingly and it'll be Torpoint's title.

BigTony.......ECPL League Table....as requested

Team P W D L F A GD Pts

Saltash United Res 20 14 4 2 59 23 36 46

Torpoint Athletic Res 16 13 2 1 60 19 41 41

St Stephen FC 21 12 4 5 41 28 13 40

Launceston Res. 20 11 6 3 34 20 14 39

Tavistock AFC Res 19 9 3 7 43 31 12 30

Sticker FC 16 8 6 2 28 20 8 30

Bere Alston United 19 9 2 8 31 34 -3 29

Bodmin Town Res. 18 9 1 8 34 35 -1 28

Wadebridge Town Res 16 7 4 5 21 22 -1 25

Lanreath FC 20 5 4 11 35 53 -18 19

Morwenstow FC 24 5 3 16 43 65 -22 18

Biscovey FC 23 5 3 15 29 70 -41 18

Liskeard Athletic Res 19 3 3 13 30 41 -11 12

Probus FC 21 2 3 16 27 53 -26 9

thanks for the league table coachkt,think saltash will need to win all six to have a chance of winning the title and the form there in at the moment they are capable of doing that,big weekend next saturday with us playing st stephen and the ashes away at sticker....bet it was good to have waltzy back yesterday coach?

To be fair BigT, my two strikers Dan Pethick and Mike Curtis have been doing great in the past few weeks and have both been scoring and playing well together.

Ben came off the bench yesterday and nicked us the winner and will be able to slot in next week as Dan Pethick starts a 35 day ban, which is a shame cause he's been geting fitter and better each week and will be sorely missed.

Ben has obviously come back in just at the right time for us, but he is under no illusions that he can't just 'Waltz' his way back into the side as we have been on a good run of late, but I'm confident that as long as he stays this time, he'll get his share of goals between now and the end of the season.

To be fair BigT, my two strikers Dan Pethick and Mike Curtis have been doing great in the past few weeks and have both been scoring and playing well together.

Ben came off the bench yesterday and nicked us the winner and will be able to slot in next week as Dan Pethick starts a 35 day ban, which is a shame cause he's been geting fitter and better each week and will be sorely missed.

Ben has obviously come back in just at the right time for us, but he is under no illusions that he can't just 'Waltz' his way back into the side as we have been on a good run of late, but I'm confident that as long as he stays this time, he'll get his share of goals between now and the end of the season.

From what i've heard Ben won't be around to just 'Waltz' back in

As a follower of local football i like to keep my ear to the ground, and looking at the results since XMas one team that is sneaking bellow the radar is Wadebridge Town. THey are unbeaten in 2009.

They have strengthened their squad in order for a push towards the end of the season. They have first team players that are willing to play for the 2nds on a regular basis now and looks eciting times for the Wadebridge faithfull.

ECPL: Very true, but nun-the less its still unbeaten form and i feel it is important to recognise good form.

Im not saying they are going to win the league or even push up the league im mearly stating a fact and I am impressed with the signs they are showing.

Plus they seem to be showing good results and signs of improving. If they win their games in hand they will be in the top 5 and this is massive for a club who has bearly stayed up the last few seasons......

HEllo John the Baptist............. HAvnt seen you in a while hope all is well....

Well Wadebridge are my first choice side my friend i have gone back to them well the club... With work commitments i cant train as you know thats why i left the first team but i have been asked back and have been playing for the seconds aswell as the firsts... BUt the 2nds have really impressed me, and they have really got a strong squad down there now.....

Budetownfcbicks: Nice to see you share my views. When you played them in the cup you played majority of the 3rd team as they hadnt had a game for a good few weeks due to the lovely weather we were having at the time, so you didnt really get to see the up ad coming 2nd string side that day, but nun-the less great result for you guys.

I see your doing well in your league, unfortunatly i wasnt at the game between us as i was away with the 1st team but i hear you also have some good youg lads.

Also Plymouth Parkway seem to have some very good youngsters aswel.