Cornwall Football Forum

Cornwall Combination League

14th March 2009 (3pm)

HAYLE RESERVES (Jodie Hampton) 1-2 ST JUST (Neil Curnow 2)

Att - 30

HELSTON ATHLETIC (Colin Kettle, Neil Southall) 2-0 PORTREATH

Att - 23

ILLOGAN RBL (Matt Calloway) 1-1 PERRANPORTH (Steve Rowson)

Att - 60

LUDGVAN 0-5 ST IVES TOWN (Darren Steadman 2, Simon Stevens, Mikey Fowler, Simon Carter)

Att - 30

PENRYN ATHLETIC RESERVES (Steve Owen 2) 2-0 MULLION

Att - 18

PENZANCE RESERVES 0-3 PERRANWELL (Jake Harvey, Scott Kinge, TJ Wilson)

Att -57

PORTHLEVEN RESERVES (Mike Davis) 1-1 FALMOUTH TOWN RESERVES (Steve Winnan)

Att - 40

RNAS CULDROSE (Stephen Hughes) 1-1 HOLMAN SC (Frazer Cadman)

Att - 14

ST DAY (Lee Duffield 2, Garath Jones) 3-4 ST AGNES (Rid Purnell 2, James Thomas, Tom Benny)

Att - 20

Ludgvan 0 St Ives 5 Attendace 30

St Ives stormed into 4.0 lead within the first half hour, and it was looking ominus for Ludgvan,. but they regained their composure and saw out the rest of the half. In the second half it was more even with Ludgvan holding their own, but not really threatening the St Ives goal too much. A further goal sealed it for St Ives. The pitch looked amazing. It must be one of the best in the league at the moment.

Man Utd 1 - 4 Liverpool

ooops, sorry, wrong thread!!!

Shocking game at St Day, bobbly pitch, 2 poor sides, 1 poor referee. Cat made a great save in the second half, but we had 10 mins of shockingness to let St Day back into it, who battled to get back!!

Niggly crap all the way through it, but you could get away with it today!!!

Time stood still at Illogan see this is cornwall

http://www.thisiscornwall.co.uk/cornwallsp...il/article.html

The referee's performace at oxland parc today was a disgrace, he played 18 minutes of added time, in that porth scored in the 8th minute but it was good goal, He didnt want to stay after the game but mind you i wouldnt have wanted to if i reffed like that, All round it was a great game spoild by the ref, Im sure lester will write an intresting report to the CFA about him. Scores for illogan was matthew Callaway, ATT was "i count that high" lol but roughly 60

Guest Sam Boston

Time stood still at Illogan see this is cornwall

http://www.thisiscornwall.co.uk/cornwallsp...il/article.html

Bloody hell they get those written quickly! :D

Nice to see Mike Cain back today - Only Justin Andrew to go & we're back to full strength :thumbsup:

Compliments to Illogan on a lovely clubhouse and a great atmosphere after the game (I didn't leave til gone 6.30!) although a bit of food wouldn't have gone amiss as I was starving after someone mentioned burgers in the dug-out just before half time leaving me with a craving for cheeseburgers for the rest of the game!

I know we should be gratefull for referees and that without them, there wouldn't be any football matches being played. However i've never seen such a poor performance by the referee. Not listening to the linesmen at times and giving yellow cards out for questioning the referees' decision??

The game lasted for 109mins!!! 19 mins extra time. Has anyone seen a game where the extra time has been that long!?!?! there wasn't even any major delays due to injury. Maybe 5mins max but that's it.

apparently though, the ref was stopping the watch every time the ball went out for a throw-in and goal kick!

Aweful... Still a bloody enjoyable game and well contested by both sides. Looking forward to the return leg!

The game lasted for 109mins!!! 19 mins extra time. Has anyone seen a game where the extra time has been that long!?!?!

Mr Marsh didn't make many friends at Mount Wise after a 57th minute winner from Holmans not too long ago... I thought that was bad, we were even joking about it today. But this is a complete joke, what a shame for Illogan - that would have certainly made things at the top a little more interesting!

Guest Helston Patriot

Helston 2 Portreath 0.

Not a flattering performance by either team.

Flattering scoreline some may say?

As i watched most of this game it was poor. Hard to play football against a team that constantly fouls. Would say winno wasn't really troubled in goal, closet was a few corners no clear cut chances. Duane shooting wide from 25 yards was about it. By no means did Helston dominate but they were the better team and did create clear chances. We could of had a couple of Pens - on a different day with a ref who got close enough to play would have given..

Good luck for the rest of the season :c:

Guest WINNO

Helston 2 Portreath 0.

Flattering scoreline. Lets be honest I didnt have a shot to save and actually you only had 1 all afternoon from Dwayne whom is a shadow of the player I once new which was 6 ft wide of the post. Think I only touched the ball 1/2 dozen times excluding goalkicks.Portreath are a very physical side and battled hard credit to them for that but didnt create anything at all.We didnt play well at all either but still created numerous chances and also should have had a couple of stone wall penalties. Buckers made a couple of good saves as well.

Good Luck to Portreath for the rest of the season...

Breas hows the splinters!!!!!!!!!!!!!hehehehehehehehehehe xxxxxx

The referee's performace at oxland parc today was a disgrace, he played 18 minutes of added time, in that porth scored in the 8th minute but it was good goal, He didnt want to stay after the game but mind you i wouldnt have wanted to if i reffed like that, All round it was a great game spoild by the ref, Im sure lester will write an intresting report to the CFA about him. Scores for illogan was matthew Callaway, ATT was "i count that high" lol but roughly 60

I see the referee was Mr Marsh yet again well fellas I feel if he is that bad then why dont you all do something about it and contact the relevant authorities. Players ,clubs and managers etc have to bear the brunt of the ccfa etc if we cross the line so if Mr Marshes performances are that poor perhaps he should be dropped down to junior football and perhaps a youngster replacing him. Ive not experienced him this season yet and hope I dont have to. We all need refs on a saturday but surley they should be up to some sort of standards........

Helston 2 Portreath 0.

As i watched most of this game it was poor. Hard to play football against a team that constantly fouls. Would say winno wasn't really troubled in goal, closet was a few corners no clear cut chances. Duane shooting wide from 25 yards was about it. By no means did Helston dominate but they were the better team and did create clear chances. We could of had a couple of Pens - on a different day with a ref who got close enough to play would have given..

Fair point HP but we weren't the only ones committing the offences......but the refs performance was interesting.....consistant for both sides I would say.......you were the better side on the day & deserve your 3 points....Cheers

Helston 2 Portreath 0.

Yea it was a poor game by both teams standards I'd say! But it was well battled as the foul stats would probably show!

I know that if the referee didn't allow the advantage for the first goal, there would have been a pen! He put his whistle to his mouth hen allowed play to carry on! Then when on way back to the centre, He said to one of the Helston lads about how they wouldnt have been happy had not scored through the advantage!

But I enjoyed the game, Had a terrible stomach ache during the second half, then Got a nice boot on the top of my foot, but hell thats footy! Picked up my first yellow card too.. =|

Good luck for the rest of the season guys!

I have been on the line when Larry was in the middle and he played 15 minutes injury time in the second half! and it may be a joke topic! but for illogan it may not be! I could rant on but something should be done about him! i do miss spitting image but he is beyond a joke!! And we lost at home to Liverpool! But the main team won at Penzance

Guest Peppermint

In view of the several games that Mr Marsh has played so much added on time this season would it not be a ggod idea if clubs and individuals collected to buy Larry Mrash a new watch that works properly. Perhaps Mike Rabone coud start the ball rolling!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Peppermints and Illogan have been victims of the dreaded Mr Marsh's overtime - no doubt there are other clubs who have been robbed this season.

No pleasing some people is there :P I got moaned at because according to their watch i'd played 45 mins, (my watch said 46.30 or something like that) forgive me if i'm wrong but i thought that a half of 90 was 45. :rolleyes: This man thought i should of added on a extra 10 mins at least. :mellow:

Guest Helston Patriot

Helston 2 Portreath 0.

Helston patriot go easy on the whole send the ref to junior footy situation! I don't want him down here with me

Never mentioned send the ref to Jnr Football???????? :wacko: