Cornwall Football Forum

Anthony Mason leaves Saltash United

Anthony Mason has joined Western Division side callington town after leaving saltash and will be in the squad for saturdays home game against wendron united.

his brother dennis mason who also plays for callington spoke to anthony and he decided that leaving saltash was the best move as he wasnt impressed with the way in which saltash united play. cant complain seeing as we at calligton are a footballing side as are st austell and perranporth

ha ha ha ha ha..... Quality!!!!!!!!!! Saltash are such a long ball side. Im soooooooooooooo suprised as to where they are in the peninsula PREMIER league AND that they reached the Senior cup final. How on earth such a non footballing side can achieve this is beggars belief.

Callymike, again you come on here and spout garbage about other clubs. Didnt Callington Play against Saltash in the cup this season????? Wasn't a bad result for such a non footballing side hey?????

Dropping down is probably best thing that Anthony could do to help ensure he plays regular footy.

Mind you if he drops down any further then he'll be cutting the oranges for Calstock!

I have seen Saltash play and they can certainly play alright. In fact callymike pop along to the Cornwall Senior Cup Final and watch them play the crap out of St Austell.

The Mason brothers are very talented footballers but their committment....that's another story.

Thought he had gone long ago. Aint been in the squad for ages. Didnt do a great deal for the ashes apart from score a brace against Helston in the cup. I dont think he was the answer to Saltash's hunt for a striker, ran around lots, but didnt score enough. Im sure he will succeed in the lower league.

Denis was a bit of a loss, but commitment and a dubious temperament, added to the fact he wasnt that bothered in training, and you cant build a team around that.

Well i've been at nearly all of the ashes games this season and saying we are along ball team is laughable as most of our goals have been supplied from the flanks and straight through the middle.

pop along to the Cornwall Senior Cup Final and watch them play the crap out of St Austell.

Like they did in pre season you mean?

Town have knocked out better Prem opposition than Saltash en route so write them off at your peril.

pop along to the Cornwall Senior Cup Final and watch them play the crap out of St Austell.

Town have knocked out better Prem opposition than Saltash en route so write them off at your peril.

Thats true.....but we also beat Bodmin. Pre season counts for nothing these days

Seen him play a few times for Saltash and didn't impress me at all. Preferred to stay on the peripheral of the game and never really got involved. I think he is a classic case of a player who cannot come to terms at being released by a pro club. It will take him some time to do that and I'm sure when he does he will be a good asset to any team

CallymikeThe two Mason brothers will be no loss to Saltash United.

From what I have heard, they couldn't be bothered to train. That does not fit in with Saltash United.

I seem to remember the Callington v Saltash United game. Callington really should have played their 1st team.

Thats true.....but we also beat Bodmin. Pre season counts for nothing these days

TimmyRaa, that is one of the most stupid post's I have read in a while! Why do you/your team even bother with organising and participating in a pre-season then if it "counts for nothing"?!!

Soil Sports Ltd, good shout on both counts and as I have said in another thread, it promises to be a cracking encounter.

ppl i aint slatin saltash just goin on basis that he werent happy and didnt like the style i think saltash r a crackin club i was there last season again my opinion is saltash r a footballin side with a nice pair of wingers. I wudnt wana lable any side longballers cuz every lumps it up park.

ppl i aint slatin saltash just goin on basis that he werent happy and didnt like the style i think saltash r a crackin club i was there last season again my opinion is saltash r a footballin side with a nice pair of wingers. I wudnt wana lable any side longballers cuz every lumps it up park.

Callmike you were indeed at Saltash last season with the "reserves" running the line..... but didn't you leave under a cloud of smoke???? so some would say you have actually got something against Saltash!!! :SM_carton:

i havent got anything against saltash. if you were part of the club rather than a fan u wudnt know half of it.

as club linesmen we have the duty to be honest in decisions we make and to NOT help out the team we are representing. I am one of the most honest linesman in the leagues except with saltash i was asked on most games to try and help give a decision as saltash were fighting out with torpoint for the titlem meaning keep a draw a draw or a win a win instead of a loss.

with saltash i would have stayed but because of the grief and the shit i got at decisions towards the end of the season that didnt go the way of how the players wanted and they were swearing and mouthing off at me for being TOO HONEST and credit to martin burgess he stuck up for me but id rather be at a club where players respect me and callington do. so saying i got something against saltash is completely false and i am happy at callington

i dont have anything against saltash to say after i left and you say debatable. each manager i have been linesman for have praised my efforts apart from the team at millbrook who are a bit over passionate about the game, which in a way is good but not really when its directed at people trying to do a job. people think offcials job is easy see a push blow the whistle player runs to the ball raise the flag, haha its not simple. we actually get shit for every flag thats raised and you think its ok to give offcials stick. i tell ya you take the flag with me standing behind you every step giving you an earful and swearing at you and saying personal things to you, then you'll come to realise that we aint getting respect at all.

AND

the reason I left saltash has nothing to do with you although me being me i will tell you why cause your nosy people. as club linesman we are resonsible to the referee and the leagues to be HONEST in all decisions and to not be biased or give decisions to help our own sides.

i was asked on most games to help out the club as much as i cud.

BUT, players did not like me being honest with my decisions and did cost them a few goals and they were bad mouthing me during every single game and i remember saying to a player if he wanted to speak to me then speak to me in the referees room after the game and he didnt like that. anyway i continued doing it for saltash cause i enjoyed the job but still got the same shit and ended up leaving callington where the players respect me. martin burgess gave me 100% support and told the players to respect what i did but they didnt, so thats why i left. happy now. ill tell you why i leave other clubs while im at it shall i. as it doesnt matter how much i get slated or am talked about by what i say on here or what i say to peoples faces i dont care its my opinion and people have to live with it im afraid after all its just football. but when i get slated personally (NOT IN A FOOTBALL SENSE) thats when i retaliate. obviously honesty and opinions dont go down well in some peoples books but thats who i am, unless clubs members are not ones who like to speak their mind.

Never heard such a sob story in my life... HONESTLY!!! Wouldn't say the players at Callington respect you.. HONESTLY!!! Mike i HONESTLY feel you should HONESTLY consider becoming a full time official instead of representing one club!! Your pure HONEST approach to the game would become much better applied and people may respect your decision a bit more............ HONESTLY!!

Callymike...was just wondering which one of the Mason brothers wore no. 7 against woeful Wendron on saturday, as he was a class player who tore Wendron apart from start to finish?

:(

Also would like to congratulate Callington on the standard of football they played on saturday. Easily capable of making the step up to the Peninsula Premier, as are Penzance, Newquay and St.Austell.

:clapper:

Does anyone know if all four could get accepted to the league above, or will it only be 1 or 2???

thank you very much dronner i respect you for what you have come on here and said not many people take my views seriously. no.7 was dennis mason he is very pacy and skillful at this level of football he got rejected by paul sturrock in the youth set-up when stuart gibson was in charge and look what he is missing out on.

your thoughts are very nice to hear. what did you think of my performance as linesman to the referee. i thought i did ok. what did you think of the goals.

with regards to your question about promotion it would make a great league if porthleven penzance and st austell were to make it 4 go up, but i wouldnt count out newquay either they were very much the underdogs but change of management and better quality players and i think newquay can claim second place. with porthleven not applying for promotion the second placed team would in fact go up so at the moment its penzance but the league is still wide open.

Never heard such a sob story in my life... HONESTLY!!! Wouldn't say the players at Callington respect you.. HONESTLY!!! Mike i HONESTLY feel you should HONESTLY consider becoming a full time official instead of representing one club!! Your pure HONEST approach to the game would become much better applied and people may respect your decision a bit more............ HONESTLY!!

i get more respect from callington than saltash and i love the banter with the team. i agree about your point of refereeing and want to take up the roll for the league rather than for a club, but at the moment i cannot afford to pay for the course and with excellent feedback from my chairman from league committee at meetings, i think, myself and other linesmen who are acknowledged should not have to take on the course. i am obviously doing a gr8 job for the league therefore i wonder if they would be willing to forget the fee for the course, train us to referee standard and then sign the dotted line. doing it for 2 seasons i know the standards of the game and have referee'd in the duchy league and gained excellent feedback. i understand there are procedures for this and i really want to either be a linesman in the premier or referee but with finances due to credit crunch not all good and half way through the season, its kinda difficult. i know that a guy is doing free coaching at level 1 for the unemployed so maybe the same scheme could benefit those who want to be a referee after all they are short and people are giving up their time to help out the players of today.

ok i love myself you happy now!!!!!!!!

if you lookf further down its not just about me i mentioned all the other linesmen in the league they not be thinking about going further in their careers but im talking on what referees are asking us to take up. tell you this site is so amusing to me.

on the subject of saltash, i had a conversation with martin burgess online and just to clarify what i meant earlier, i have not mentioned that saltash were cheats. what i said may sound like they are cheats but i have never said "you are cheats." martin now understands hopefully that i do not hold him responsible for the squad asking me to help with decisions and the reason i left, and wanted me to clear the point to all concerned.

Those two Mason Brothers are no more than pikeys that couldnt kick a cabbage if it was put right in front of them, Dennis would prefer to kick somone :SM_carton: and as for anthony he doesnt know what a football is :( !!!! I've seen the two lads out on the town crawling home together before a game absolutley disgusting, I tried to speak to one of them and he was talking some kind of forgein language i couldnt understand :smiley20: .

And what annoys me most is that ive heard that Weymouth are intrested in giving these two scruffs a trial next season....... Unbelieveable.

Guest bigdawg1

Those two Mason Brothers are no more than pikeys that couldnt kick a cabbage if it was put right in front of them, Dennis would prefer to kick somone :SM_carton: and as for anthony he doesnt know what a football is :( !!!! I've seen the two lads out on the town crawling home together before a game absolutley disgusting, I tried to speak to one of them and he was talking some kind of forgein language i couldnt understand :smiley20: .

And what annoys me most is that ive heard that Weymouth are intrested in giving these two scruffs a trial next season....... Unbelieveable.

what an absolute pillock,

we know that dennis sometimes goes out a night before a game, but what he does for our team on the day puts is where we are in the table. the players also know that dennis sometimes goes out the night before and its a good old laugh on matchday. seeing as you aint part of our squad i understand what you mean, but if you had any idea of the team bonding and the joking that goes on i think you're being a bit too serious on the fact its wrong. in fact most of our players love a good old drink a day before a game. and ive seen dennis on matchday all happy and merry but totally focused on his football. he's too good for this league so he would rip the p and d apart. as for the rumour about weymouth where did that come from then. some rumours on here are a joke. for instance i saw mr burgess in gym other day some people linking him with manager of vospers and plymstock. come off it, why would he want to leave a set-up like saltash.