Cornwall Football Forum

Saltash Utd 3 Penryn 0

Guest Uncle Albert

Guest Uncle Albert

Cornwall Senior Cup semi-final, Wed March 11:

Saltash Utd 3 Penryn Ath 0

Gavin Coulton gave Saltash a sixth minute lead, Paul Madden made it 2-0 after 21 minutes, and substitute Carlton Farnham notched the third in the 90th minute.

The final is at St Blazey on Easter Monday, April 13, 4.30pm kick-off.

The Junior Cup final between Torpoint and Falmouth Athletic will kick off at 2.15pm.

Torpoint beat St Dennis tonight 5-2 at Liskeard, after extra time, in the east final.

Falmouth Athletic beat Constantine 5-4 on penalties after the west final replay finished 1-1 after extra time.

In the Peninsula League premier division tonight, Bodmin beat Clyst 4-1 and St Blazey beat Parkway 3-1. In division one west Newquay beat Dobwalls 2-1 with a last minute goal.

Well done Saltash. I can see some silverware heading to Kimberley Stadium this season!

Hoofer,

Do you fancy a wager on the final then??! If so, how about a gentlemans agreement says that if Saltash win then I will send you in the post a cheque for £20 made out to a charity of your choice and if St Austell win, visa-versa??

Let me know.

Cheers

Lafs.

Well done Saltash. I can see some silverware heading to Kimberley Stadium this season!

Hoofer,

Do you fancy a wager on the final then??! If so, how about a gentlemans agreement says that if Saltash win then I will send you in the post a cheque for £20 made out to a charity of your choice and if St Austell win, visa-versa??

Let me know.

Cheers

Lafs.

Laffs, that visa-versa, does that work like my visa electron?

Guest Uncle Albert

The Cornwall FA have just sent out a correction to the scores they emailed last night, stating that it was St Dennis who beat Torpoint 5-2 aet, not the other way round, as they announced!!!!

So the Junior Cup final is between St Dennis and Falmouth Athletic.

Lafs, betting with the heart is a risky business! So to save you money let's have a sportsman bet instead.

I also fancy Saltash to win the Throgmorton cup and to secure runners up spot in the league. They have a backlog of league fixtures and may need to increase the size of their current squad a little but I genuinely think they can do it.

A very tall order I know but they are starting to fire on all cylinders now and come the end of the end of the season I hope to remind you of this thread!

Well i was expecting more of a show from Penryn last night, after reading some peoples predictions yesterday. After 20 mins, i thought it was going to turn into a rout, but Penryn certainly battled to the end. I was impressed by their No 7 and Shaunessey (i think) at the front. Roll on Snozzle at BLaize Park

Guest Uncle Albert

Sean Johnston was the Penryn number 7 - and I thought he was their best player by a mile.

Penryn never gave up after an awful start; they gave a good account of themselves.

Could have done with a little less from motormouth S Massey on the sidelines, trotting out all the 'football manager' cliches to his 'boys'. But each to his own.

I watched Penryn's 30 minute warm-up with Massey trying to wind the players up to something of a frazzle with some ludicrous exercises. Apparently it was all part of bringing the adrenalin levels of the players up in time for the kick-off.

Didnt work, did it? Penryn must have left all that energy and adrenalin in the warm-up, because they were caught cold once the real action started.

But each to his own. Mr Massey's tactics have obviously worked well for most of the season.