Cornwall Football Forum

Liskeard 2 Launceston 0

Guest Uncle Albert

Guest Uncle Albert

Liskeard 2 Launceston 0 at Lux Park tonight (Tues March 10).

Goals from Adam Trudgian (5 minutes) and Mike Norman penalty (78 mins) gave Liskeard vital three points against a Launceston side who did everything but score.

Man of the match was Liskeard keeper Chris Wearing, who pulled off several top drawer saves.

Referee David Goard from Plymouth gave what looked a harsh penalty against Sam Scott, after it appeared the ball ran up his arm when new signing Dan Pethick shot straight at him.

Launceston will wonder how they lost - but Liskeard worked very hard for each other and fought for every ball as if their life depended on it.

Couldn't agree more with Uncle Albert. I don't think I've ever played in a game where we've dominated so much and come away with nothing!! Full credit to Leigh and his lads though as they soaked up the relentless pressure very well and all worked hard for each other when defending. Thought Chris Wearing was outstanding and if it had not been for two top class saves in the first half I think we'd have won it !! Just wasn't to be!! Thought the referee had a great game apart from what I think was a mistake when awarding Liskeard a penalty when it was clearly ball to hand, he obviously saw it another way but other than that he was 10 times the one we had last Saturday!!