Neil Curnow (St Just)

Jason Robertson (Helston)

Dan o' Toole (St Agnes)

Ashley Thomas (Penzance)

Andy Cowper (Illogan)

Darren Steadman (St Ives)

Tom Benny (St Agnes)

Jake Harvey (Perranwell)

Yes your right guys, Steve Brewer is 1 of the best strikers in the league, however, unfortunatly for Steve & Perranwell, he suffered a broken arm playing against us on sat. So Matt, it dosent matter wether he plays for St Just, Porthleven or even Perranwell, he would of been in there if he was fit !

surprised there isnt more perranwell and illogan players in the squad. hope steve gets better soon he was class on sat every time he ran at the porthleven defence there bench was shouting just bring him down!!! shows how good he is, as to be fair porthleven had some decent players!!

from the games i hav watched him play wade brown of penzance should be in the squad even just a a bench player, i watch him come on at half time agiest st just and he changed the game and got penzance right back into the game, he not the most skilled player but his work rate first class

there probably could be a better team put out than this because everyone knows that the perranporth squad would of had 6/8 in the select squad,but due to the circumstances of they're senior cup tie etc they have made themselves unavailable! but saying that everyone in the squad that's there tomorrow have been doing the business for they're clubs side for a long time and deserve to be there. kev and steve can only pick who they see play well against them for the club sides and if they believe that they deserve a chance to represent the league side thats their call. on another note it'd be good to have some support their tomorrow night and everyone can see who deserves to be there and who doesn't!! :drink:

Not a bad team really is it apart from players in senior cup and inj cant really get much stronger. I was gonna make my way down to see my beloved porth take on this combo select but after my fellow friends that come to watch porth pointed out to me there is such a game as man utd vs inter milan which i do feel is gonna affect the crowd size at this game which is a shame cuz it would be a really good game. i hope its a good night and wish my best to everyone involved. :c::thumbsup: :yahoo:

Guest WINNO

I think you have knocked the nail on the head there. What Kevin and Steve are trying to do is give as many clubs as possible the opportunity to have a player in select squad. That is the idea of it to give different players an opportunity to pit themselves against something a little different. You wont see 6 or 7 Perranporth players in it thats not the idea. Its a select squad giving all clubs an opportunity

Guest danger_4pence

Sad to hear about Steve Brewers injury, a really class act and will definitely be missed from the squad, not to mention Perranwells title challenge.

Good luck to all involved in the squad, it looks good on paper, I'm sure everyone selected will do the combo proud.

Other than the obvious Perranporth ommisions, why no Scott Kinge of Perranwell? The best midfielder I've seen in the Combo for a long time.

Guest Peppermint

From a personal and Club point of view it is disappointing that none of Newquay's exciting young players are in the squad. I suppose we could all select different teams so it is always a matter of opinion.

Guest The Judge aka RED OR DEAD

From a personal and Club point of view it is disappointing that none of Newquay's exciting young players are in the squad. I suppose we could all select different teams so it is always a matter of opinion.

I'd rather they all watched SWPL Newquay v Dobwalls at Mount Wise Weds 11th March 7.30pm, mind you Jim will probably play some of the youngsters anyway. As far as the Combo select side goes, why risk getting injured in a meaningless match.

Oooh, there are some cynics out there but I have just had 2 emails from fans of different clubs, one said "has the match been set up so that Port can try to sign the players from that part of the world they want ?"

The other said, "Ports 1st team are playing nothing matches between now and the end of the season, so why not add another one lol"

Like I said, there are some cynics out there, some may not be able to post one the forum !

I'm not convinced that the Combination league couldn't field a better team.

Sure most would agree, however that is the beauty of football!! We all have an opinion and thats why we talk about it, scrutinise, critisise and ponder over the last game until the next game... what else are week days for??

With Kev part of it all i am sure the squad will do well, I hope to catch the game and hope all will do themsleves, and JCCL, justice. :thumbsup:

P.S Good job Andy Butcher has a game Winno!!!....... Just kidding tiger I know you're a legend!!! :lol: See you Saturday mate.

Guest Sam Boston

,but due to the circumstances of they're senior cup tie etc they have made themselves unavailable!

I don't think they made THEMSELVES unavailable Crazycoot - they didn't pick the date of the Senior Cup game or the date of this game so how can they have made THEMSELVES unavailable? :blink: To be honest

if the Perran guys were going to play in a game like this I'm sure they would much rather it was a charity game for a good cause like the forthcoming game at St Agnes in memory of Andy & Greg Butchers' dad.

I thought I saw on Steve Brewer's facebook page last night that he's quitting football - any truth in that or is it the injury talking? That would be a great shame :huh:

r_and-i - I'll give you that one :D :SM_carton_y:

steven brewer quitting football?? that must be because he watched his brother tony play in the junior cup final and is worried that tony is going to become a legend in cornish football.

i cant see steve quitting, unless he is putting his young family first. hes had to much of a good season to quit.

good to see Mr Jake Harvey in the squad, what a legend. top player.