Cornwall Football Forum

Gooners on a roll!

• 4 weeks later...
Guest The Judge aka RED OR DEAD

Would someone from the quiet as a library Highbury wish to remove this thread before it gets too embarressing for you !

ONE TEAM IN LONDON AND EUROPE !

I suppose it was bound to happen. We lose a match and the bluenoses get all excited. :(

Oh they are not the only ones excited by it midfield mate ;) . I see only Barcelona or Utd winning the Champions League, so is this to be yet ANOTHER trophyless season for the mighty Gooners?. :c:

I suppose it was bound to happen. We lose a match and the bluenoses get all excited. :(

Oh they are not the only ones excited by it midfield mate ;) . I see only Barcelona or Utd winning the Champions League, so is this to be yet ANOTHER trophyless season for the mighty Gooners?. :c:

The smart money is on Barca for the Champions League but we are still in it so we still have a good chance of winning it. If we do then it would be an exceptional achievement. :)

Well the best team won on the day. We started well enough, but couldn't rise to the challenge as Chelsea eventually did when they had to. I was always worried about Chelsea. To be honest, I'd prefer Man U. Although I think Man U are the best team in the Premier League, the way they play suits Arsenal better than Chelsea. We still have a good chance in the Champions League, no matter what the rest of you jealous people think. There are 4 teams left, a great achievement thus far, but could be like Coopsie says, another trophy-less season.

However, each of the seasons we have not won anything, we have still been very close challengers. Is that better than watching your team struggle to finish in the mid-table area and perhaps hope for a good run in the cup?

Look at the recent history of winners and runners up in domestic competitions. Certain clubs make almost continuous appearances…….

PREMIER LEAGUE TOP 3

Man U, Liverpool, Chelsea (no particular order!!) for 2009

Man U, Chelsea, Arsenal 08

Man U, Chelsea, Liverpool 07

Chelsea, Man U, Liverpool 06

Chelsea, Arsenal, Man U 05

Arsenal, Chelsea, Man U 04

Manu U, Arsenal, Newcastle 03

Arsenal, Liverpool, Man U 02

Man U, Arsenal, Liverpool 01

Man U, Arsenal, Leeds 00

Only Newcastle and Leeds break the so called “big 4” rule, but not since 2003!

FA CUP WINNERS

Chelsea/Man U/Everton 2009

Portsmouth 08

Chelsea 07

Liverpool 06

Arsenal 05

Man U 04

Arsenal 03

Arsenal 02

Liverpool 01

Chelsea 00

Man U 99

Arsenal 98

Chelsea 97

Man U 96

Everton 95

Well done to Portsmouth last year, the only team in 13 years to win outside the “big 4”, and look who did it before them….Everton, in with a good chance this year.

LEAGUE CUP WINNERS

Man U 2009

Spurs 08

Chelsea 07

Man U 06

Chelsea 05

This in not “top priority” for a number of the bigger clubs in the Premier League, but only Spurs have broken the “big 4” monopoly.

And finally, the “big 4” have been doing English football proud in recent Champions League history too. No sign of anyone outside the “big 4”. However, remember when Everton “qualified” in 2006, a team from outside the “big 4”, and they got knocked out before the group stages began!!

CHAMIONS LEAGUE WINNERS (runners up)

Man U/Arsenal/Chelsea/Barcelona 2009

Man U (beat Chelsea) 08

AC Milan (beat Liverpool) 07

Barcelona (beat Arsenal) 06

Liverpool 05

The point of all this is, would you rather see your team pushing for the premier league (and finishing in the top 4), getting to semi-finals and finals of the domestic cup competitions and also performing excellently in the Champions League, or would you be better off hoping to avoid relegation, cheering on heroically when you get the odd win or draw against one the of the “big 4”, and once in a blue moon winning a cup?

I know what I’d rather be watching and cheering on…….

UP THE GUNNERS

What a day ! Malouda not only scored but also made a challenge ! Good job it wasn't a pen....

Drog the magnificent again. First the Pool of Liver, then the almighty Arse. Farewell, redfaces. We will now destroy Purple Nose, although it would be lovely to see an Everton win so we can afford to put out a few reserves in the final....Di Santo deserves 90 minutes some time.

Simples, as my little friend from comparethemeerkat.com says.

What a day ! Malouda not only scored but also made a challenge ! Good job it wasn't a pen....

Drog the magnificent again. First the Pool of Liver, then the almighty Arse. Farewell, redfaces. We will now destroy Purple Nose, although it would be lovely to see an Everton win so we can afford to put out a few reserves in the final....Di Santo deserves 90 minutes some time.

Simples, as my little friend from comparethemeerkat.com says.

Savour you moment in the sun, my friend. The "Bluenose-Bridesmaids" will win nothing this season. It will be a bit like last one when they came second best in everything.

As they say "You've got no history!" Not strictly true, I know, but it's a lousy one nevertheless.

Chelski - poor little rich boys having a brief encounter with fame. A bit like Trevor Howard and Celia Johnson I think. :D