Premier Division

Morwenstow 2 St Stephen 2

Probus 1 Bere Alston United 2

Saltash United 1 Liskeard Athletic 0

Torpoint Athletic 6 Sticker 2

Division One

Bude Town 2 Plymouth Parkway 0

Camelford 1 Callington Town 6

Holsworthy v St Columb Major (Postponed)

Lifton 5 Nanpean Rovers 1

Plymstock United 0 Polperro 1

St Stephens Borough 1 Roche 1

Rowett Insurance League Cup Semi Final First Leg

St Dominick 1 Lanreath 1

Rowett Insurance League Cup Quarter Final

Elburton Villa 0 Launceston 2

Guest JackSticker 2

You summed it up corectly I think. The word I would use was ruthless! Quality finishing. When we defend that badly like that against other teams it wouldnt have mattered and no goals would have been scored, but against Torpoint they take their chances! 5-0 down after 30mins, It must have been something like 5 shots 5 goals as well, or close to that. We won the second half though. 2-1. Second half better display from Sticker.

Morale of the story, if you start slowly you get punished.

What a shocking season 18 wins and 2 defeats in 20 games. Sounds like relegation form to me.

Who got sent off for Torpoint

And who was sent off for Liskeard. I must admit I'm surprised the Saltash player wasn't sent off as well.

Guest big daddy

to b fair the liskaerd player ov bin sent off a minute earlier tho, so he got wat he deserved...... saltash lad didnt do anythin wrong ov wat i saw

Bude 2 Parkway 0

Bude team: Gary Dinshaw, Herbie Goodgroves, Wayne Cornish, Liam Sandercock, Dan Middleton, Glen Bickle, James Gio, Gary Hodgson, Wesley Pugh, Billy Hopcroft, Dan Starkey.

Goalscorers: Wesley Pugh, Dan Middleton

Good win for us today, overall probably deserved it. Wasnt at our best today but showed alot of passion along with skill which prevailed against a strong parkway side. Thought they would have been a bit stonger than what they were after only losing 1 game all season but eeryone has off days i suppose. We will see if it was an off day as we hae them 3 more times this season. First blood Bude!

Torpoint look very strong candidates to go on and win the ECPL on evidence of the performance aginst sticker, they will certainly take some stopping. Their finishing in a twenty minute spell was top class with 5 in twenty minutes from 5 shots if they repeat this type of form they will surely take the league.

Bude 2 Parkway 0

Bude team: Gary Dinshaw, Herbie Goodgroves, Wayne Cornish, Liam Sandercock, Dan Middleton, Glen Bickle, James Gio, Gary Hodgson, Wesley Pugh, Billy Hopcroft, Dan Starkey.

Goalscorers: Wesley Pugh, Dan Middleton

Good win for us today, overall probably deserved it. Wasnt at our best today but showed alot of passion along with skill which prevailed against a strong parkway side. Thought they would have been a bit stonger than what they were after only losing 1 game all season but eeryone has off days i suppose. We will see if it was an off day as we hae them 3 more times this season. First blood Bude!

Hiya mate!!I agree overall yesterday you deserved the win.....however im still fuming with the ref over the first goal...are right back was tripped, even if it wasnt on purpose its still a foul and well the 2nd was terrible defending but i wont go into that!!On your comment of 'you thought we would be stronger' to fair and im not trying to take anything away from you boys or say with the lads we had missing that we would have won...but we had 4 players missing...3 who would arguably start...so in round 2 they will feature for sure and hopefully you will get a stronger parkway that you expected yesterday!!

Oh........and stop moaning about the big men coming forward for corners your bloody 6ft tall!!!

keiron murchison got sent off for liskeard! i play for liskeard and the ref was a joke saltash player should of gone for retaliation he knew it aswell thats why he ran off scared to the other side of the pitch! and how can you send our player off for a supposed bad challenge then give us the throw in complete joke! from what i saw didn't rate saltash that much can't see anyone but torpoint winning the league!

regarding torpoint- sticker so was 6-2 not a fair reflection of the game , it seems for what has been said that the only difference between the two sides was a purple patch of roofless finishing, if this is the case are sticker still involved in the title race , and will the return leg be alot tighter?

Guest Tjitsnotunusual

a stand out result for torpoint ! it seems they are starting to put together results which won us the title last year , still havent had chance to watch this season but follow the scores , it seems strange how an 2-1 defeat to st dominic is sandwhiched between and 8-0 win or morwenstow and a 6-2 win over sticker . . .

Well, yesterday just confirmed to me why i am fast becoming a Torpoint supporter. For half an hour they played football completely out of this world! Powney and Wills were solid at the back, Shepherd controlled the midfield and Kershaw and Cardew's movement up front meant that the Sticker defence didn't know if they were coming or going! It was great also to see Liam Thornton back after he broke his foot and it was as if he hadn't been away with the understanding that Himself Cardew and Kershaw have got and also with the way he teams up with Chapman down the right. Every goal was a team goal and i really hope that Torpoint can sustain that momentum for the rest of the Season, especially with their flying winger Avis-Riordan to come back in. Having said all of that, take that 30 minute spell out and Sticker will feel that they competed if not edged the rest of the game, they're a good footballing side and with Kitson up front they are always a threat. I was also impressed with their young right winger. It certainly makes the run in interesting and with Stickers next 2 games being Launceston and Saltash i think they will pick up some crucial points. I'll be there Tuesday night to hopefully watch another great game :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

speaking to the saltash lads after the there win yesterday they really fancy there chances,they think torpoint have got such a hard run in that there going to drop alot more points,going down to the wire i think.

Lets see how Saltash get on with playing Sticker on Saturday week at Sticker before they start saying anything.

As you said Bigtony its going down to the wire and I wouldn't like to make a bet who is going to win the Leaque, but if it going to the wire, Torpoint will be sitting on it. :P:P:P

Torpoint also have Saltash to play at the Mill. :glare:

I agree slippers17. I was on the other side of the pitch and the players had a real old fashioned punch up when the Saltash player retaliated. There was some crunching tackles and I think the Liskeard No7 was lucky only to get a yellow card when he practically broke the Saltash players leg in half. I think what started the Murchison sendign off was when the referee let go to be fair what I thought was a fair tackle against a Saltash player but he then got carried away and comitted the next foul.

Guest Tjitsnotunusual

if thats the case im sure hes desperatly reviewing his decision to try and get a team in the east cornwall league ...lambs to the slaughter comes to mind

Parkway had 3 players out due to Devon County game. At least they did not postponed, just got on and played the fixture.

one league game and 2 cup games to go

St Stephens drew as well, could be an intersting run in.

Good luck to all concern for the rest of the season.

Guest ECPL Supporter

Not just Torpoint players, i thought Sticker have got some good players too. Especially Beaves, good little player

Guest TAVILAD

Well yes that was a good result for Torpoint , but i honestly believe that they will not win the league title this year!!

THey've yet to come to langsford park , which will be a very hard game for them and i personally can see Tavi winning that tie!!

Saltash will win the league you wait and see , too many people think Torpoint have what it takes but having seen them play on a couple of occasions i would say there not strong enough and will fade away.!! They have too many old and past it players who cant run anymore !!

:SM_carton::SM_carton:

Bring on the Torpoint

Guest TAVILAD

Well i still say its Saltash for the league , as Torpoint have a hard run in and won't fancy alot of the big games they have coming up!!

As for sticker they still have a say on who will win the league and there certainly not out of the running are they? :clapper:

Hiya mate!!I agree overall yesterday you deserved the win.....however im still fuming with the ref over the first goal...are right back was tripped, even if it wasnt on purpose its still a foul and well the 2nd was terrible defending but i wont go into that!!On your comment of 'you thought we would be stronger' to fair and im not trying to take anything away from you boys or say with the lads we had missing that we would have won...but we had 4 players missing...3 who would arguably start...so in round 2 they will feature for sure and hopefully you will get a stronger parkway that you expected yesterday!!

Oh........and stop moaning about the big men coming forward for corners your bloody 6ft tall!!!

Foz, fair enough will look forward to playing you again with your full strength side. Dates for the semi final are 11th and 18th of april i think ao ahould be interesting. Yeah but i hate marking the big players ha.

Foz, fair enough will look forward to playing you again with your full strength side. Dates for the semi final are 11th and 18th of april i think ao ahould be interesting. Yeah but i hate marking the big players ha.

Are they the dates...bloody hell after are game against holsworthy wednesday night i dont think we have a game till then!!I know for a fact we dont have another game in march after wednesday night (if its on!!)

See you on the 11th!!

I watched Sticker V Torpoint on Saturday, and as good as Torpoint were for the fist half hour (awesome display of finishing), the referee helped their cause big time!!! At 1-0 he allowed a player (who was later sent off) to kick out at Andy Avery in the build up to their second goal, then booked him for it when they were celebrating, surely there is no advantage when you have been fouled and the opposition carry on and score????? He then bottled it when a home defender wrestled Kitson to the floor 5 yards from goal when he would have had to send off the home defender.

To cap off a shocker of a performance, he sent off the home number 9 (who I felt was the best player on the pitch first half) when he never even saw the incident, maybe he did make contact maybe he didnt but how can a ref turn around and see a player on the floor and assume it was a red to the nearest player to him???

Once again, another example of a referee wanting to be the centre of attention and spoiling a game where there wasnt a single malicious tackle!!! Take nothing away from Torpoint though, an awesome display of counter attacking/finishing on the day, my tip for the league thats for sure!!!

The referee didnt see the first incident as he would have blown for the 'foul' he booked the player for!!!

The second incident he was looking the other way when it happened, I was stood NO MORE than 5 yards away, it was only the reaction of the Sticker player that forced him to give the STRAIGHT RED. Whether or not the incident warranted a red/yellow or whatever, the referee DID NOT see it, DID NOT consult his assistant, and gave Torpoints No. 9 a straight red. You cant just give cards like that without being certain, it smacks of yet another official wanting to be the centre of attention!!!

The torpoint player was doing his best to earn the red card with a series of off the ball fouls it was a matter of when he would go, not if. but it did appear that the ref wasnt actually looking as the ball was already 30 yards away from the incident so i can only assume he guessed what had happened, not the best way to make a decision without attempting to consult his assistants but it did seem like the right one :SM_carton:.

As for the first incident the referee tried to play an advantage sticker lost the ball almost instantly and torpoint broke away and scored, why he didnt pull it back when the ball was lost is a strange decision perhaps he thought too long had passed from the incident. But Torpoint would almost certainly have one regardless of any of this so the referee cannot be blamed entirely :SM_carton: