Cornwall Football Forum

Duchy League Results 07/03/2009

Div' 2

HT:

St Annes Chapel 1 - 2 Bodmin Saints

Goals from both Ames brothers and a sucessful penalty for St A's!

FT:

St Annes Chapel 1 - 4 Bodmin Saints.

I believe the Ames boys scored two each, not confirmed. A superb result for Saints though, against excellant opposition. The Saints take top position in div' 2 once again.

in the cup

Edgcumbe 6-0 St Mawgan

Edgcumbe went into the game with 5 key players missing, but still had more than enough to win the game quite comfortabley at Millbrook. Graham O'niell with 4, and chris staniforth and Jon harris also on the scoresheet to put us into the next round next week v polperro.

Well done lads

Knockout cup rnd2

St Cleer 2 Fowey 1

Not as close as the score line suggests, good game of football overall dominated by the saints. Goals scored by Ryan Thorogood and Jamie Coates. Next round St Dennis at St Cleer 2pm KO 28 March, will sure be a great game if last years encounter is anything to go by.

Well done to Perranporth for not staying for food after being hammered at Week St Mary in the league cup, a whole load of sausage casserole and chips going begging if anyone is interested. Some decency in an explanation or apology would be appreciated as we always try and put on a good spread for what is usually a long journey for most teams! People wonder why pubs are struggling at the moment?

Guest Sam Boston

I wasn't at the game Left Peg but I can only imagine it was down to shared lifts home & a long journey ahead. Perran usually make the effort to stay and enjoy their hosts hospitality and I am sure that if no-one stayed behind then no offence was intended.

Guest tafc.-gaffa

Gunnislake 2-3 Torpoint(Stacey,Carter2)

Well earned 3 points in awfull conditions(boggy). Took Torpoint 15 mins and a goal behind to get going but when they did there was some of the best football ive seen played by them this season. With Andy Carter on fire and the team pulling together in hard conditions they deserve to be top of the league tonight.

Roll on Wednesday with the cup final.

Credit to Gunnislake, a very dangerous side.

I must drop myself more often!!!!!!!!

I must say that Bodmin Saints are FAR better than Chapel and far better than this league, a definate future premier or even East Cornwall side there. Plus a nice bunch of lads in a game that was played in great spirits.

Good luck Saints, (hopefully your weaker when we come to your place)

Div 5 Continued

Callington - 11 - 1 - Mevagissey

St. Mawgan - 1 - 2 - Pelynt

---------------------------------

Week St. Mary -

Apologies for not staying for food, sounds as if it would have been really nice. I did hear that some of our players needed to get back due to work commitments. We always usually stick around for food and a drink what ever the match result so I wouldn't of thought it was down to the hammering.

Good luck for the rest of the season, league and cup :c:

Good luck to St Austell Res in the semis.

We didn't get going at all after the interval despite going in 1-2 up. St Austell are a good side and you can see why they look set to win Div 4 at a canter.

On a personal note wanted to give a big mention to Garry Beckerleg in our goal who stood in for his first game in almost 20 years after our regular keeper went to watch a bl**dy Kaiser Chiefs concert in London!

Jiggy

www.clubwebsite.co.uk/stnewlyneastfc

I must say that Bodmin Saints are FAR better than Chapel and far better than this league, a definate future premier or even East Cornwall side there. Plus a nice bunch of lads in a game that was played in great spirits.

Good luck Saints, (hopefully your weaker when we come to your place)

Thanks for the complment chapelmanager. I'll pass it on to the lads.

Believe it or not I live in Sussex and rarely see them play but I know we do have a great team spirit which is so important, as it should be to any team in any sport.

Thankfully I will be moving to Bodmin on the 31st March. Coincidentally, the first time I moved to Bodmin was 31st March 1970. I can't wait for the replay!

Duchy 2

St Breward 4

Biscovey 1

A long awaited win for breward, and i think it would be fair to say that they earnt it.

The visitors taking the lead through a mix up with the Goalkeeper and defence. Jamie Kay got the equalizer going into half time. Kay then grabbed a second half brace to complete the hatrick, Nathen Kendal finished the game off with 15 minutes to go.

Good luck to St Austell Res in the semis.

We didn't get going at all after the interval despite going in 1-2 up. St Austell are a good side and you can see why they look set to win Div 4 at a canter.

On a personal note wanted to give a big mention to Garry Beckerleg in our goal who stood in for his first game in almost 20 years after our regular keeper went to watch a bl**dy Kaiser Chiefs concert in London!

Jiggy

www.clubwebsite.co.uk/stnewlyneastfc

Thanks Jiggy, we do try and play some good football, and hopefully take the game to Bodmin Saints. I must say that your goal keeper Garry played very well for his first game in 20 years, pulled off 2 top drawer saves, good luck for the rest of the season.

Well done to Perranporth for not staying for food after being hammered at Week St Mary in the league cup, a whole load of sausage casserole and chips going begging if anyone is interested. Some decency in an explanation or apology would be appreciated as we always try and put on a good spread for what is usually a long journey for most teams! People wonder why pubs are struggling at the moment?

They just don't like losing! They were hardly friendly to Premier Sixes when we beat them at their place!!! :angry2:

That's what happens when you get a team of senior players playing in Duchy 5!!! :thumbsup: