Cornwall Football Forum

If anyone here's anything about who may have started the fire @ Halye football club, please either contact the police or the club itself. Any information will be kept in the strictest of confidence.

The main losers in all of this are the youth players as all the training equipment, mini goals and nets were destroyed.

hopefully sooner rather than later the cretinous firestarter will be caught.

definately arson.

both portacabins gone,as are small away changing rooms, structural damage to roof and both main changing rooms out of use where fire brigade gained access to roof. thank god it got reported in time, another 10 mins and everything would of gone.

many thanks to all at camborne fire station, great job lads.

definately arson.

both portacabins gone,as are small away changing rooms, structural damage to roof and both main changing rooms out of use where fire brigade gained access to roof. thank god it got reported in time, another 10 mins and everything would of gone.

Can I put you down for saving the 24hour cover at Camborne then? :D

Hope all gets put right with minimal fuss.

definately arson.

Can I put you down for saving the 24hour cover at Camborne then? :D

Hope all gets put right with minimal fuss.

always supported the fire service, very underpaid for what they do.

if they're not risking their own lives, they're picking up the pieces of someone else's.

hats off to them and great respect.

Guest Sam Boston

Looking on the bright side (if there ever is one) I am guessing Hayle FC have insurance that will cover the loss? The youth season is almost at an end and maybe there will be the prospect of nice new changing facilities for them next season? I must say those portacabins were a nightmare to get a team of kids changed in and some of the spiders wore Doc Martens!!!

Looking on the bright side (if there ever is one) I am guessing Hayle FC have insurance that will cover the loss? The youth season is almost at an end and maybe there will be the prospect of nice new changing facilities for them next season? I must say those portacabins were a nightmare to get a team of kids changed in and some of the spiders wore Doc Martens!!!

there is never a bright side to a fire, whether your insured or not, all the training equpiment for men, ladies and youth has been destroyed. try telling the kids all their gear has gone, its hard to play with no goals let alone the balls.

new changing rooms could be a possibility,but its early days yet. however they're no good unless you've got something to play with.

hayle football club will however make every effort (as always) to make sure everyone gets to play football.

the mindless moron that started the fire might have had their 'bit of fun' but we'll bounce back as we always do.

Guest Sam Boston

I admire your spirit skyblueref and it's that kind of gumption that will get Hayle back to it's former glory. Good luck with it all and I hope the Police get a tight hold of whoever did it. Well done too to all the Fire Service lads for a great job :clapper:

regards to the kids goals etc could a plea not go out to other clubs for help with equipment so they can get their season finshed,

no dout this has been thought of and you have had many offers of help but just a thought.

it has been good to see hayle build the club house and pitches over the last few years and i am sure it will be better when it gets rebuilt , its a far cry from from the pitch and shed that was a mile or so down the road, good luck in finding the scum that did this and remember ... if you build it they will come

:c: :c:

if anyone remembers hayle,s facilities about 10/15 years ago to what they are today,you will know the great deal of hard work that everyone at that club has put in to make the set up what it is today.fantastic facilites for 4 mens teams,3 pitches and a mini pitch along with a training/5 a side hardcourt area,and a great clubhouse.most importantly the youth section is as good as anywhere around.keep your heads up everyone involved with the club and dont let the scum that did this get you down.well done to the fire fighters for limiting the damage. :c: