Cornwall Football Forum

2 Hour Football Programme repeat today

Hi everyone,

Well by now you will have noticed that for the next two Saturdays, I am fronting a 2 hour Cornish Football programme. The 7th and 14th March.

This will be on a local private radio station known as Radio St Austell Bay (www.rsab.org) which is obviously only available via the radio within a close distance of St Austell, but the programme will also be available via the internet.

It is only for the next two Saturdays as they are pilot programmes to see firstly if the interest is there and secondly because the Radio Station has very generously allowed us this opportunity.

We are hoping to cover a lot of football from the day in question as well as a closer look at the week ahead etc.

It will rely on having the help from everyone out there involved in local football and being prepared to either talk or at least provide information that may be worth knowing about. This can be from the actual game itself, to a fixture midweek to publicise to even the fact that you have band/group/entertainment at your club which you want to plug.

The idea is to promote, help and ensure that our game is given the exposure it concerns. Just think how many people are playing and involved in football on a Saturday afternoon. It's only right that a lot of people want to know as soon as possible what's happened. The forum and various websites do a good job, this is another possible option. And for you guys out of the county - don't worry if you're playing in leagues that involve Cornish clubs you will get a mention!

So, how can you help?

By talking to me about the match you will have been involved in? By talking about something you want to get off your chest? And also if you news from your club - contact me.

The usual will be covered: RESULTS – from all around the county; and CHATS to the people in the know, including managers, players and anyone at all that wants the county (and the world via the internet) to hear about their game

We have 2 hours available to do it! All you have to do is call the station on 01726 65566 or text to 07901832481

In that time we will be hoping to feature all the leagues in the county from Southern League down to the Duchy, Falmouth-Helston and Mining

If you can please help me in any way or want to take part, even if in a small way, let me know by either texting me on 07759 502408 or e-mail me at davedeacon@cornishsoccer.info

And I also ask a big favour - as soon as your game is over could you please text me your result for the next two Saturday games - on the number is the previous paragraph.

For those of you that can't listen on the Saturday, it will be replayed in its entirety 24hrs later, 5-7pm on Sunday.

Additionally, will be available online by the middle of next week. (This feature will be available much quicker if the show goes ahead next season)

There will be no rugby and providing I don't cock up - no music!

Many thanks for your time and any help you can give me.

Dave Deacon

Well we got through! :D

We spoke to all levels of football in the County.

There are areas where we could get smarter, but then, isn't there always. There were some amusing gaffs, but nothing we can't sort.

Take a listen today by going to Radio St Austell Bay - it should be on again this evening at the same time as yesterday - 5pm through to 7pm. If you get the chance, please do so and give us some feedback. At the end of the day - the programme is there for everyone interested in Cornish football.

May I also say many, many thanks to all those that responded to my text letting you know about the programme and for everyone that offered to help. And let's not forget Graham Walker of Radio St Austell Bay for giving us the opportunity.

And one day I will get Rappo to say something controversial! :D