Cornwall Football Forum

st dennis v st teath

Guest tafc.-gaffa

I know you would think cornwallfa would change the venue to somewhere that has'nt got a midweek game.

We would even be happy to travel further if it would mean it being played!!!!!!

Guest tafc.-gaffa

We would play in a car park with jumpers for posts if it meant playing. Hate getting worked up for it and getting let down!

Guest tafc.-gaffa

Ha ha, it is'nt the pitch mainly your supporters!!!!!!! There a bit more vocal than most and constantly harass the opposition!!!!!

Fair play to them!!!

Guest tafc.-gaffa

I suppose they gotta get out once aweek!!Ha ha ha!!!

Im happy we got through saturday with no injuries or suspensions!!!

Has the suspension come through for the lad who got sent off against Edgcumbe. I would be gutted to miss the final through suspension!!!!!

Guest tafc.-gaffa

Glad to here it!!!!! Lol!!!

Im glad for him i wouldnt want anyone to miss it, its what we all play for!

What colours are you boys in on wed?

Guest tafc.-gaffa

You've had a great season so far and you are showing your more than capable at this level and to reach the area final at your first attempt is a great effort.

But your right we will be trying to make it your last game in it!

Im glad you got through to be honest as i think it would of been too scrappy against Edgcumbe. Against you we will both play football not forgetting the fire to spice it up!!!!

Guest goalmachine999

newquay. st dennis deserve it. after your cup runs in the last few years. although torpoint are a very good team.

Guest tafc.-gaffa

Thanks golmachine999, we will not be coming just to make the numbers up.

Losing the area final last year was hard to take so we are here to put that right.

Guest goalmachine999

i saw the game and torpoint were very unlucky. torpoint should be a very proud club as each of their teams are coming together very well. as for st dennis they need to get back into east cornwall as they are a senior club. with both teams having some cracking players im sure this will be one of the best cup finals around for a few years.

yeah lee its tipton

Guest tafc.-gaffa

That ref we had with you in the ko cup was inthe paper for sending 5 players off from the same side. Think that sums up the game as he had no control then and made our game so firey!!!!!

I agree with you 90% of our team has been together for 6 or 7 years since we joined div 5 in 2001/02 and have come along way in not many years. We all drink together and spend alot of time together ie holidays etc. so it makes you enjoy football so much. Good times :drink: :drink:

Guest tafc.-gaffa

Nice to here that goalmachine999 thanks. We did do them at their place in the league so it has evened out. Set for a belter of a game!!!!!

TAFC gaffa How on earth can you comment on a game you know absolutely nothing about, its people like yourself who spout off without any idea what they are talking about that causes problems. Please if you are going to comment at least attempt to get an idea as to the facts, if you are not aware of those then keep quiet. Another point is if you read the paper and believe what is printed in them I feel sorry for you, that story was so factually incorrect that it is on a par with a fairy story.

Guest tafc.-gaffa

Sorry but il comment on what i like, like everyone else.

Im abit concerned you seem to know me so well to tell me what i do and dont know!!

Im sure the other people that have made comments on here that you dont agree with have been told by yourself what they do and dont know too, or is that just me?

To be honest i dont care what goes on in the west but when people are calling the competition my team are still in a farce because of cheating then il comment,thank you very much.

Im not causing problems think the people invoved have done that all by themselves without my comment!!!

Guest tafc.-gaffa

I noticed B Manning hasn'nt "told anyone off" in the, ben andros the saga continues topic for posting their comments!!!

I feel privlaged!!!

Oh dear, I haven`t told anyone off in relation to the Ben Andros saga because I have no knowledge of what went on therefore I cannot make any comment as it would be pure speculation on my part. I only passed the comment in reply to you regarding your obvious first hand knowledge of the game where 5 players were sent off and as i said if you believe what the papers printed as to that game then it was a travesty to the truth. But I do know that you know nothing of the incidents from that game.

Guest tafc.-gaffa

Ive got knowledge of the ko cup, St.Dennis v Torpoint and how that was NOT controlled by the official in charge which could of turned it nasty!!

As a St. Dennis player agreed with me i cant be that far from the truth!!!!!

Guest tafc.-gaffa

Apology accepted.

I would be happy if my keeper didnt end up in hospital, the opposition did not get 3stone wall pens, a player sent off and 3 players miss the next match for late challenges causing injuries, oh and of course winning 2-0!!!

Now i stand by what i say now and never knock refs as they have a hard enough, thankless job and they are human and miss some stuff but in my short career of managing and 20 years of playing adult football i have never been so worried for someone getting seriously injured in that game cos the official did not control the game!!!

i do have to agree with tafc gaffa.fair enough we won that game but that ref had to be 1 of the worst we ever had.i was the player who injured the keeper but was a 50/50 ball which i had won,i never went out that game to hurt any1 so will appologise 4 that,and as to the game were 5players were sent off,a very good mate of mine played 4 the opposite side and side the ref let the game get out of hand.apparently he could of prevented what went on that game but failed to "take control" but that was just what i was told

Guest tafc.-gaffa

We didnt have one sent off in that game that was the league game but the rest is true.

L.Ricks10 i no way blame you as it was a fair challenge but im just trying to explain how awfull it was officiated and that is not favouring my side as we were both at it, just think the official was putting both sets of players in danger by not getting a grip of it.

This is not a swipe at refs just a point to say this ONE offical did not protect the players and it was concerning!!!!

L Ricks, I think you had better check with that very good mate of yours as to what actually happened in the 5 sending off game as your version is totally incorrect. Also your quote it was a 50-50 ball which I won means that that referee got the decision 100% correct, and of course anyone involved in football does not like injuries to anybody but it does happen.

tafc gaffa, It was not my defence at all, I was just quoting L Ricks comment about a 50-50 ball which he won logically from that if the referee did not award a free kick the decision was correct. If he had said that a late challenge by him had left the player injured but the referee played on then we can safely say the referee made a mistake. Also you quote your playing and managing career, for your info I played myself at supply league level ( 2 below football league ) I have also refereed at supply league level at todays level it would be 3 and i know I could still add quite a few years above 20 to the total.

Guest tafc.-gaffa

I am not trying to say ive got a blacker cat than you!!!!

I was talking to L.Ricks 10 that the same ref that had been in the paper about losing it at a game was the same that lost it at ours and that he was that bad at ours!!!!!

Take it how you like but we both agree you were that bad. It is possible for an official to have a mare as much as a player at what ever LEVEL!!!!!!

In my eyes if i player swears at the ref he has to go, correct me if im wrong but most of the 5 were dismissed for dissent?? I've played in games where players have got away with talking to the ref like they are above him and its ridiculous.

Although gotta agree nothing worse than a ref he cant control the match, thats when injuries happen.