Cornwall Football Forum

Perranporth AFC 2 Callington AFC 0 - Groundhoppers Report

Guest Cosmic

Guest Cosmic

Dear all

Please visit the Peninsula League General Forum for my review of an enjoyable visit yesterday to Perranporth.

Keep the faith

Cosmic

To save you switching Forums - here's Cosmic's posting about his visit to Perranporth.....

Dear all

It seems an eternity since the last time we have done a Groundhoppers Report - so here goes...

Match Details

Senior Cup Quarter Final Replay

Perranporth AFC 2 Callington AFC 0

Parking: Because I had not seen a match at Perranporth before I thought that it would be easier to park on the side of the road. I need'nt have worried though - there was plenty of parking inside the ground. The area also houses the rugby club pitch as well. I also liked the fact that there were two helpful club officials on the gate selling admission with programmes.

Rating: 9 out of 10

Programme

Wow, wow and more wow. Definitely did not expect such an effort from a Combination club. Full colour cover with match details on the front. Programme was free with £3.50 match admission. Easy to read with distinctive blue font style throughout. Usual content style like Managers Notes. Glossy look with attendences listed.

Rating - 10 out of 10

Club Facilities / Tea Bar: Bar available with toilets. To get to the bar it looks like the club has been building an extension. When I went to the WC I think I saw a Hot Food section near the bar. Also a Sky Sports TV.

Rating: 7 out of 10

Merchandise: Before going to the game I did think that a Combination club would not do merchandise. Thankfully I was pleasantly surprised. When I spoke to the nice man on the gate he said that they do lapel badges but because the stock was not at today's game he would take my address and £2.50 and send me a lapel badge in the post. Not many clubs would be willing to do that.

Rating: Have to wait until I see the badge - sure it would be great though.

Match: Sorry Cally fans but I believe that Perranporth were very much in the ascendancy from the 1st minute of the game. Within the first seven minutes the home side had 3 rebounds off of the bar, but the goal did not in. The goals came in the 27th and 58th minute for the home side.

Rating - 7 out of 10

Stand: Just one downside for now. No sit down or any significant standing cover around the ground. We did have a broken brolly with us just in case the heavens opened, however thankfully we did not need it!

Rating: N/a

Additional Information:

Hopefully it won't be too long before Perranporth are in the Peninsula.

What do you think?

Keep the faith

Cosmic