Cornwall Football Forum

Pensilva in turmoil

Guest tafc.-gaffa

It way not be one players fault but you need one player to be the catalyst for a poor team. Backed by a manager who learned his managerial skills from FIFA 05 no wonder pensilva are in turmoil. As for the teams who could easily fit in to the ECPL... if they're so good then why are they not there.

This says to me you have probably never managed a side.

Im in my first year of managment and we are top of the Duchy Premier and am in the Area junior Cup final, i have never taken a coaching course so i suppose i must of learnt mine from pro evo!!!!!

Was this guy that bad when they beat St. Teath,one of only two teams to do so all season? Like ive said before Pensilva have always been a tough game to the big 4/5 teams in the league so cant understand why he is so bad now??

As a manager you can only do so much with the players you have at this level so its not fare to slate the guys credentials.

Think your being unfair especially if you have never run a side yourself!!!!

As for the teams not being in the ECPL already, the league will only promote 1 possibly 2 in one season and to go up you have to have the required standard ie pitch barriered off, adequate changing facilities etc.

Not every club has this.

tafc gaffa just commenting on what you put above about yourself not having been on a coaching course i think you've shown that you do not need all these badges to become good manager topoint have had great season so far so it shows it's done well on knowledge and not how many badges you have so maybe thats why pensilva have struggled this season from what i've been told the ex manager's training sessions where great but when it came to selecting the right players/formation/tactics on a saturday he did not have much of a clue so maybe he might be better off with what ever team he will be with if he just coached and not managed. If sarge worked hard against you it must of been only one of a few games in a last couple of years, you have seen him when he's had one of his better games, and i agree its not one players fault but i'm sure pensilva would of been greatful if he showed just a little bit of passion.

Guest TheJoker

OK maybe the critisism of sarge was abit harsh, and yes you have won medals in East Cornwall, and yes you have had a few gd seasons, but that was a few years ago now, So for you to come on here and say that your good enough and hungry enough to play East Cornwall is abit of a joke, cause you havent played well all season and you dont bang in the goals like you say you do!!

Leighton mitchell you say, garf! Another gd player still at the club, along with jamie page, steve climo, mike rendle, Johny Firth, Mark Tuck. These players are all gd players, so for Mark Blake to say that all the best players have left the club is total Bulls**t as these players are more than capable of keeping the club going, and are a good backbone for the club to build on!

Guest tafc.-gaffa

Dont know them by names so can someone tell me their regular positions and il give you an honest opinion about the guys that left. This is from someone whos faced them twice and managed against them.

Only if your interested????

to be honest what difference does it actually make if sarge is any good or not? he is obviously pretty passionate about Pensilva becoming a successful club which i admire. It aint is fault if his manager kept picking him is it, but it must have been for a reason.

I agree with tafc gaffa, pensilva were a tough side when we played, all worked hard for each other and were unlucky to come out of the game with nothing. add to this the 4 points they took off st teath, and the tough game they gave torpoint then it seems to me it has nothing to do with luck. If anything they were unlucky.

Seems like the club has been split in two, and unfortunately for the gaffa he has paid the price.

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe Mr Blake could use his talent to resurrect the fortunes of Dobwalls 2nd team next season?

Shere Khan is way off the mark thinking that the 1st team success had caused the demise of the second team.

When the team was formed in Duchy Div 5 it mainly consisted of 16 year olds (one or 2 still play for the club at 1st team level)

They were promoted each year until they reached the premier league and won several trophies along the way.

The manager then decided to step down and a few players decided to leave as well.

The new manager struggled to attract players and narrowly avoided relegation.

Just prior to the start of his second season in charge the manager jumped ship and took the majority of the squad to Liskeard ECPL.

The team has struggled this season mainly to lack of experience but I believe that with the addition of a few older heads their fortunes could be turned around.