Cornwall Football Forum

Pensilva in turmoil

Sarge

Pensilva have parted company with their 1st team manager Mark Blake.

I have to say I am gutted this has happened. He has to be one of the best managers I have played for and certainly the best coach I have played for. I am so angry at the way he has been treated. It just shows that there is a big "click" there and if you don't live there then you are not welcome!

I don't want to explain the reasons why but basically the Pensilva committee have failed to support him and have forced him to quit!

As a result of this, there is about 7 players who will not be playing for the club again (including me), So if any one wants a hungry striker then I would be interested hearing from you!

They also gave us a good test yesterday Bigdawg and could have even have caused an upset if they didn't go down to 10 men with the score at 2 - 1. Mark mentioned he was leaving yesterday but wasn't aware it was the committee. I done my Level 2 course with him and Sarge is right he is a good coach and a nice bloke.

Always come down to St Dennis Mark we are looking for Level 2 coaches for the Mini Soccer Centre which starts this Saturday.

All coaches are paid as per Foundation Rules.

sorry to hear this news,The only team to take points from us to date and well deserved to.I hear one or 2 may end up at gunni ,thats village football for you.

And i hear that you have been trying to get hold of one of them?

Guest Flintstone

If 7 players leave, and they beat Alternun in the next round of the knock out cup, it will be interesting to see who plays for them in the quater final. Have they enough games to introduce new players? Considering the 3 games rule? <_< :unsure:

Shame about your manager leaving Sarge as heard a lot of good things about what he has been doing.

On the other side though at least you can keep up your record of transfering between three teams per season !! :lol::lol:

Well it will be better than playing for your CLUELESS manager mate!

Cant be that clueless as we are sitting top of the league still !!

Where do you think you'll end up now then ??

You and me both know that side picks it's self. You have some good players there mate, even my little boy could run that side lol!

As to where I will end up, I don't know yet. I have had a few offers but not sure!

Guest st george9

bit of a shame as i know a few of the lads at pensilva and you had a good squad on your hands .but it happens to every team when a group of players from outside come in ,and the a few get left behind and have to drop to the 2nd team.. sarge im sure your find a team mate

Guest GOOSE ON

In light of Sarge's really nice comments I have found myself joining this bloody thing to pass on my thanks to him!!!

The hardest thing about walking away last week was the team spirit and respect of the players I had down there playing for me. In the short time we knew one another Sarge I would like to say I think you are a top top bloke, attitude and commitment were great and I know it was only a matter of time before you started to bang in goals for fun in that league. If I had the chance to caoch you as planned for this season and next I'm sure you and the team would have had great success.

Unfortunately, it did all come to an abrupt end at a time when our performances were greatly improving along with our squad. I really think with the youngsters I was planning on bringing to the club in the summer I was anticipating a title challenge next year from little old Pensilva.

I'm sure the committee and club will regret things and look a bit silly on Saturday when they have to pull out of the knock out cup cos they can only field 6 or 7 players at best as our 2nd team are all cup-tied!!!!!

Never mind, I was building something for the future there but someone else will benefit from that now......anyone in need of a Level II F.A Coach and 5 or 6 quality players then drop me a line.

Thanks for your comments Sarge and take care.

I'm afraid most committee's do not see the bigger picture and they certainly don't see the commitment by coaches and managers on dark wet winter's night setting up training etc. They also forget that there is a certain bond between players and managers during the course of a season.

Got to say spoke to a couple of the Pensilva lads and they are fuming at the way things turned out as they thought the training was great and that Mark was doing a superb job at trying to take the club forward.

Guest GOOSE ON

Hi Garth,

If rumour is anything to go by then I believe that Skewsey will be joining you in the next week or so.....I understand that you have been after him all season!!! Just to let you know that one of the players of the season down at Pensilva and someone in the running for all the awards at the end of the season, based purely on performances, was my brother, Nicky Blake. If you want an absolutely quality centre back right out of the top draw then get in touch with him via Danny and take the pair of them.....they love playing at the back together and to be honest Danny was good most of the season and proved to be a great captain with his attitude but Nick was the main man down there defencesively. Obviously, any players you take from Pensilva (if any) would just be a temporary measure until the summer when I move onto the next leg of my coaching / managerial journey!!!! But to be fair if you can offer one or two of them regular football for the time being then that would be great. Cheers. :thumbsup:

Guest straycat

Have watched a few games at Pensilva this season and from what I have seen they need to play as a unit and despite hearing there recently resigned Manager was the best coach some of them have ever had seems the lads on the pitch did not come up with the goods. Frankly looking at the league table their committee was saved a job. Its always a shame when these things happen but at the end of the day it is Results that matter.

Have not heard how many are leaving but I am sure as in all these cases the truth gets a little exaggerated as people start to eat those sour Grapes. B)

Guest GOOSE ON

That's very harsh "Straycat" and I totally disagree. The league position doesn't reflect the way the team has played this season. Pens have drawn 4 games this season and in every one of those games they were in front with a matter of minutes to go....in 3 games they lost 2 points with almost the last kick of the game ending in a draw rather than a win!!! Loook at the comments at the top of this topic, Torpoint, St Dennis and St Teath all confirming that we gave them a good run for their money. We took 4 out of 6 points from St Teath, the only team in the league to beat them, and had narrow losses to Torpoint and Edgcumbe. St Dennis were up against it and if we had a sub last saturday I think we would have got a result instead o losing 3-1 with ten men for the last 20 mins. The lads are speaking from Experience when they say best coach / manager for years as much of the squad have been there forever, and they were getting coached instead of being told to run around a field 30 times. As for players leaving, there are 7 going immediately and 1 or 2 others leaving in coming weeks when they've found another team, I understand that they have had to beg one loyal servant to play this weekend as a favour before he joins Gunni next week just to give them bare 11 against Altarnun in the knock out cup!!! Finally, committee would have got what they were promised this season if I'd stayed which was mid-table finish and a good cup run.....as it is maybe relegation beckons and exit from cup will come this weekend.

hi goose... you wont be the olny side to beat st teath. we not played them yet but will be happy takin 3points off them saturday.lol you boys played well saturday didnt think 1st half we deserved anythin.but felt in the 2nd half it was just a matter of time before we got 1.just glad we managed to get two more. the result looked more comfortable then the game actually was. just happy we finished playin u in the league now.pensilva never an easy place to go and get a result

Guest tafc.-gaffa

To be honest i think Pensilva have been better than in past times and do work as a unit. As i am close friends with the Edgcumbe manager we have discussed how much of a threat Pensilva are and never really thought we were gonna get an easy time.

Shame this had to happen, feel for the manager and squad.

Guest GOOSE ON

Thanks tafc.gaffa.....if the committee backed me and gave me just the little bit of support that I was looking for then we would have been more than just a threat next season!!! Not sure who straycat is but clearly the fella doesn't have a clue......in light of his comments which are the only ones with a negative slant on them he or she is probably one of the Pensilva Committee members. We lost 1-0 to Edgcumbe, we lost 3-1 to St Dennis and we lost 3-0 to Torpoint which is our biggest loss of the season, so I don't think that's too bad. The only teams we have played around us in the league are Launceston, who we comfortably beat, St Mawagan who we drew with and lost to, Altarnun who we drew with, and Foxhole who we beat down there and drew with at ours!!! They still had to play Gunni twice, Lamerton twice, Altarnun away and Launceston away so there were plenty of points coming. Anyway, if you want to criticise and you are that blinkered Straycat then make yourself known?? :SM_carton:

Well said goose-on. There are too many people hiding behind there silly little nick names (straycat). Well it's obvious who goose-on is! It's easy to gob off without people knowing who you are! Must be a pensilva committee member, No balls!! Hey, you should call yourself Castrated-cat

I am sorry to hear of the problems at Pensilva but with only 3 weeks to go until the transfer deadline and with Duchy clubs only allowed to go in for 1 player within a 28 day period it will be hard for any club to get more than 1 Pensilva player unless they waive the 7 day approach which they are not obliged to do.

The likes of Sarge who has played at a higher level may have a few more options maybe if he was up for the challenge?

I am sorry to hear of the problems at Pensilva but with only 3 weeks to go until the transfer deadline and with Duchy clubs only allowed to go in for 1 player within a 28 day period it will be hard for any club to get more than 1 Pensilva player unless they waive the 7 day approach which they are not obliged to do.

The likes of Sarge who has played at a higher level may have a few more options maybe if he was up for the challenge?

There is a way around that though.

Shame pensilva is to far away from St Teath would be happy to hear from any of the players mentioned to help with the run in,Give the sec a ring if you think you fancy it.Mark you have done a great job and are a credit to football at this level,you would always be welcome here and i have no doubt that you will soon be leading a team somewhere to may trophies,best of luck mate.

Guest straycat

I seem to have touched a nerve nice to see Sarge was committed to the club he was going East Cornwall next season anyway(Great Commitment). Will be checking the results at the weekend to see if Pensilva get 2 sides out, but if what I have read so far is correct they look to have no chance. Results count and if what you say is correct maybe your training should have been a little more to do with concentrating for the full 90 minutes.. I hope to get the chance to watch Pensilva again this season and report back to see how they ride out this storm. B)

I seem to have touched a nerve nice to see Sarge was committed to the club he was going East Cornwall next season anyway(Great Commitment). Will be checking the results at the weekend to see if Pensilva get 2 sides out, but if what I have read so far is correct they look to have no chance. Results count and if what you say is correct maybe your training should have been a little more to do with concentrating for the full 90 minutes.. I hope to get the chance to watch Pensilva again this season and report back to see how they ride out this storm. B)

It's called ambition, something the Pensilva committee clearly lack. But football is a funny old game so who knows, I may have stayed at Pensilva with Mark next season but I guess we will never know now! But if Mark gets a new club next season I will be showing him my "great commitment" and possibly following him! Who knows!

I see you still haven't found your balls yet straycat, I mean castrated-cat! Still gonna hide behind your pathetic name or are you gonna give us your name?????????? :ninja:

Guest tafc.-gaffa

I agree with you Sarge,people gob off and hide behind a stupid name grip my ****!!!!

Why dont they make a point and show who they are unless they are ashamed,gutless and dont have a clue????!!!!

Too many of them on here!

Guest GOOSE ON

Thank you for those kind words "kitbag"....seems like the only one on this topic that has misread the script is "straycat" whoever this muppet is??? Anyway, you are right kitbag the distance is a problem which is a shame cos I love coaching and would do it for free if you were a bit closer....I respect your club as it has ambition and that alone can attract some better players - Pensilva could learn alot from your little club. As for you "straycat" I have done my homework and read your messages and putting everything together I would guess that it is the very man at the centre of Pen's collapse "DUBBS"!!!! I May be totally wrong and if so then I apologise but straycat has no backbone as he hides behind a pet name so much like the Pensilva Chairman, and he said he has watched the 1st team a few times, again this makes sense as all season he has watched the 1st team a handful of times, alot less than the 2nd team which is where his focus as Chairman is and always has been, and finally from what he says about the team not performing and what needs to change you can clearly write what he knows about football on the back of a stamp.......got to be Dubbs!!! Unmask yourswelf "straycat" as I want to know if I am right or wrong??

Finally, I am sure Pensilva will field 2 teams this saturday as they have 52 players signed on. But the quality ones are all leaving!!!! I know for a fact that Danny Skews has been begged to play this weekend to make up the 11th man before his signing to Gunni goes through....tried to talk him out of it but think he will do it for sentiment!!! How do you feel about that Garf.....what if he gets seriously injured??

Guest straycat

Bad news for you chaps I am not this guy "Dubbs" and do not even know the guy who ever he may be although he seems to be missing from a few Christmas card lists. I look forward to the independant on Sunday to see hows Pensilva account for themselves over the weekend and unlike many of you I actually wish them some luck be nice to hear the other side of the story if anyone reading this has one. B)

tafc gaffa and sarge i think having the opportunity to hide behind names is quite good to be honest, i mean i got no probs with saying who i am and most know, but it does make things a bit more interesting. real opinions may not come out if everyone knew who everyone else was!!

Guest tafc.-gaffa

tafc gaffa and sarge i think having the opportunity to hide behind names is quite good to be honest, i mean i got no probs with saying who i am and most know, but it does make things a bit more interesting. real opinions may not come out if everyone knew who everyone else was!!

Shows in the way you play and bottle challenges- NOT FOR ME!!!!!

Guest tafc.-gaffa

Ha ha ha yeah fair one!!!!!!

Id dropped myself for today so let my hair down last night,should stay off it when the red wine is out!!!!!! :drink::drink: :drink:

Guest tafc.-gaffa

No making sure everyone has game time under their belt as people back from injuries,time away and so on cant be left out for long as you know rust sets in. As we are hitting the business end of the season i want everyone to be up to match fitness,so therefore using my squad, cos you dont win anything with a bare 11 players!!!!

Guest TheJoker

Where do we start!!!!

First of all, Sargey, the only thing your hungry for mate is a pork pie, get some exercise and get rid of that fat ass!! and as for east cornwall, you aint good enough, you couldnt make it at pensilva this year, so east cornwall is out of the question!! And to come on here mate and make out your one of the worlds best and lick marks ass is pathectic!!

And as for mark! ALL the best players have left the club have they, i dont think so! the only players that were any good were, nixy, fisher, ash and Nick. Not skewsy, not sargey! Yes nick is a gd player but get your tounge out of his ass mate, come on hes your brother, bit inbred dont you think!!

From what ive heard this year of The 1st and the 2nds, its not a bad club!! Theyve got some good youngsters in the club to come up through but aparently they wont play for you, why is this?? They never struggled before you (mark) and yours boys turned up, and they aint gonna struggle now your gone!!

Rumour has it that your training skills were second to none, but if they were that good, why are they learning all these on a training night, but still going out on a saturday and playing the same way they have for the last 5 or 6 years!! Yes youve had some gd results and got unlucky with a few, but you cant teach an old dog new tricks!!

Thanks for your kind words joker, I see your ANOTHER person hiding behind your name. I can't be too bad having actually won something in the east Cornwall league and scoring in big games like finals where it matters! If I am that bad why am I getting asked to play for east Cornwall teams still? I know I am not the best in the world as you kindly put, but other managers want me to play for their team so are they all stupid?

Look it's frustrating the way the Pensilva committee are. The club has produced some good youngsters over the years and if Pensilva were ambitions then some of them may still be there or come back. Pensilva could be a big team team if they showed some ambition. You only have to look at Dobwalls.

I agree with the joker, Sarge you make it sound like your Drogba when if anyone who has watched you in recent seasons will know you are so lazy you expect the other 10 players to work their socks while you stand round up front doing nothing, the players in your team never used to mind so much when you could score goals but look at your goal tally lately remind of how many goals you have scored in 2009 ?. I've heard thats why a number of players where annoyed at st cleer your work rate is really poor.

And as for the ex manager he knew your work rate was poor but he would play you as a lone striker no wonder pensilva are near the bottom of the table and he says other people at the club knows nothing about football i think he should take a look in the mirror. He had a striker in his side arch who scores goals for fun and scored 80 goals in 1 season a few seasons ago so he played him in midfield it sounds like he as done pensilva a favour by leaving club.

Dobwalls 1st team have done fantastic in climbing the leagues but for what cost their 2nd team are getting a hammering every week and will get relegated for the 2nd season on the trot and with a number of players going to dobwalls 1st team from liskeard in recent seasons its left liskeard east cornwall team struggling.

Guest mcbainthepain

Sarge i have watched you once or twice this season and i have to say i agree with the comments. Ever thought of taking up golf instead? And as for Mark Blake, i would have to say he is one of the most unpopular managers i have ever had the misfortune of meeting.

Blake you have ruined pensilvas morale and team chemistry and quite frankly appointing you as manager was the biggest mistake the commitee have ever made. :SM_carton:

Guest tafc.-gaffa

Yes but is that one players fault?????

Think you might want to take it to consideration the quality at the top of the league. 5 teams that could easily fit in at ECPL. Pensilva were always feared by the top teams but not so much now they have parted company with their manager and several players so whoes fault is it. Why dont you blame Sarge it must be his fault!!!!!!! I suppose you need a scapegoat!!!!

Guest mcbainthepain

It way not be one players fault but you need one player to be the catalyst for a poor team. Backed by a manager who learned his managerial skills from FIFA 05 no wonder pensilva are in turmoil. As for the teams who could easily fit in to the ECPL... if they're so good then why are they not there.