MOUSEHOLE 23 7 3 13 37 59 -22 24

PLYMSTOCK UNITED 26 5 5 16 37 62 -25 20

WENDRON UNITED 23 5 3 15 24 72 -48 18

MILLBROOK 22 3 2 17 30 75 -45 11

VOSPERS OAK VILLA 22 2 2 18 32 77 -45 8

http://www.swpleague.co.uk/Div_1_West/Table

Port go 5 clear at the top!

Guest The Judge aka RED OR DEAD

Newquay fans would like to thank Penryn and Godolphin for assisting us in getting out of this godforsaken division. With home games v Port, PZ (both of whom we have beaten away), St Austell and Dobwalls to come, don't write off the Peppermints for promotion just yet.

We scored 5 today and were far from convincing, god help Millbrook and Vospers if we really turn it on in the next 7 days. Trev had a good look at Newquay today and not a single Newquay player is interested in jumping ship, so say the WAGS.

Our FA Cup entry will be in the post very soon.

Newquay fans would like to thank Penryn and Godolphin for assisting us in getting out of this godforsaken division. With home games v Port, PZ (both of whom we have beaten away), St Austell and Dobwalls to come, don't write off the Peppermints for promotion just yet.

We scored 5 today and were far from convincing, god help Millbrook and Vospers if we really turn it on in the next 7 days. Trev had a good look at Newquay today and not a single Newquay player is interested in jumping ship, so say the WAGS.

You may get promotion anyway, because i`m not sure porthleven will take it, but time will tell, however credit to you for thinking you may get get promotion anyhow, look bloody stupid if you dont.

Guest Peppermint

Just to put matters straight - we at Newquay have done what is necessary and applied for promotion before the 1st March because after that it is too late. We a t the Club have no illussions about who will finish in the top two etc but we have applied just in case. We do not and will not take promotion unless we earn it on the field - not some back door method. I do not see how the Club will look silly if we do not achieve it becuase it is too late after the 1st March.

For what it is worth Porthleven are now favourites and St Austell and Penzance are also in the shake up and they all have to visit Mount Wise so Newquay will probably have a say in who wins it - but we are complete outsiders in bookies terms like Callington who quite sensibly have applied for promotion in case.

St Austell 1 - 1 Godolphin

Well done to all the "G" lads who pulled out all the stops to earn a very hard faught point at St Austell, with

no fewer than eleven first team Squad members unavailable,

Lee Paxton (traveling)

Kyle Brown (traveling)

Mark Rose (traveling)

Scott Wieldon (working)

Tim Peacock, Catpain (stag d0)

Mick Thompson (injured)

Aidan Martin (traveling)

Kieran Avery (injured)

Sam Eglington (student)

Matt Hallet (Student)

Mark Kershaw (traveling)

A fantasic result under the circumstances !

Now that is impressive Derek but you should really name the lads who did you proud yesterday and give them the credit they deserve, fantastic result..

Guest man on! the sideline

i think newquay might be the suprise package. too right they should apply for promotion, there is nothing wrong with aspiring for higher things.

they are a good team, right attitude and a great team spirit. ok, so maybe not this season, but as the new peninsular league sorts itself out newquay as a team will be premier and has a club to support such asperations.

i think newquay might be the suprise package. too right they should apply for promotion, there is nothing wrong with aspiring for higher things.

they are a good team, right attitude and a great team spirit. ok, so maybe not this season, but as the new peninsular league sorts itself out newquay as a team will be premier and has a club to support such asperations.

To be honest, us fans really didn't expect the club to be in a position to consider promotion when the season started and probably even before the PZ match. However, we now have a fanstatic set of lads, good manager, excellent pitch and facilities and if results go our way, we may yet go up by right. If not, then next season will see The Peppermints soar.

We havn't had too much to cheer about for some time, so we are making the most of having a cracking season.

You may get promotion anyway, because i`m not sure porthleven will take it, but time will tell, however credit to you for thinking you may get get promotion anyhow, look bloody stupid if you dont.

paparazzi he dosent have to open his mouth to look stupid :yahoo:

Guest millbrookman

another three injuries today, and played most of second half with ten men as all the subs were used. not impressed with dodballs at all. got a point, and managed to sign some bodies. alot of navy personell now....what happens when they have to go away for months on end......????? mr bunney knows best.

Guest keano

interesting that you have not really voiced your usual analysis millbrookman .your post strikes me as being made on here say as you really dont know the facts. were you really at the game?i dont think you were . Yet again id just like to make it known that the club maintain a dis- association with this individual infact we are more confident than ever about the identity of this person.

Guest keano

I wont be naming and shaming on here as i dont want to run what i think is a 'slight' risk of falsley accusing someone , But what millbrookman should do is stop posting information that is being deliberatly leaked to him and stop qouting himself when having converstaions with people.

you need to be more carefull millbrookman!!!!

Judge,

Well I for one hope that Newquay do get promoted, Games between Newquay & Falmouth go back many years,

You will also be welcome to put up your flags as long as you place them on the lower rail where they will not block anyone's vision of the game.

See you soon Judge ?

Hammers :clapper::c: :c:

For the sake of Judge, Newquay will have to stay in Div 1 West.

He loves to comment about "The G", Truro, Perranporth, etc.

If they manage promotion who will he be able to comment about!

To be truthful, teams such as Newquay, Porthleven, St Austell, Penzance and Penryn should not be in that Division.

Also time to form a Div 1 West Reserve League to take the resrve teams of the Div 1 West teams thus opening up the Combo and ECL to other teams.

There should also be a County Cup for Senior Club Reserve teams.

Totally agree CTB - the current mish-mash of first teams and reserve teams does not give the Combination the respect it deserves.

Don't worry, the Judge will find something to moan about. I'm not fussed either way; I've enjoyed Newquay being in the division below - not had to suffer my annual bout of hypothermia or food poisoning (I'll never forget that burger!) for a couple of years.

Totally agree with what Peppermint said though - they must go up on merit, not some backdoor route. That means either as champions or runners-up if Porthleven finish top. At the moment, they are certainly not favourites to do that!

I along with most Newquay fans would love to have the chance to visit old friends around the county, St Blazey & Falmouth in particular but not forgetting Torpoint where we always seemed to outnumber the home fans but were made very welcome. The trips to Devon would be great, we had planned a few Saturday stop-overs but failed to go up from the old SWL.

Can we go up this time around ? Maybe, but if, not you can be sure that next season we will be going hell for leather to get the top spot. Nice to know we've been missed.

Seems the Newquay camp is brimming with confidence! however, it would be rather embaressing if they were to fall flat on their face against the so called lower clubs of Millbrook and Vospers in the coming week.

wonder if Millbrook man has a point of view upon this, or is he not part of Millbrook after all? only Keano holds all the cards apprantly!!

Of course those of us who have suffered from season after season of mid table finishes are going to make the most of it. Yes the whole place is buzzing, but I repeat, it is only a maybe that we get promoted this year, but we are enjoying the good times for a change.

No disrespect to Millbrook or Vospers, obviously I am going to say my club will win both matches, but who expected us to win at PZ or Port, funny ol game !

Hey Judge

Is it worth Newquay being promoted?

Isn't it better to be a big fish in a small pond than a small fish in a big pond. :lol:

Is this Porthleven's real motive for staying in the SWPL Div 1 West. Keep winning and keep your income via the advertisers and turnstiles or be an average team in the Premier Division and your income is reduced whilst costs increase?

At the League's AGM a rule should be set that if you finish in the promotion places for three seasons in a row (as you would be preventing another club a fair crack of the prize money and promotion) and don't go for promotion then the following season you start with a points deduction of say 15 points.

Port top of the league but the fans have not turned up as they have done in the past, clubhouse takings down and sponsors are cutting back - dosn't sound too good in Div 1 West.

Trust me, Newquay will be a top half side in the Prem (when we get there) and it make a take a few more seasons to challenge for the top. I cannot speak for the club, players or management, only for those fans who have travelled to Foxhole, Vospers, Dobwalls, Mousehole, Godolphin v PZ - yes we really want to get back to Bodmin, Falmouth, Blazey, Wadebridge, Torpoint and some of the Devon clubs we have yet to visit, better grounds, better sides and more of a challenge.

What a great first season Godolphin is having in the S W P L. They have beaten Porthleven, Penzance and Newquay 3 of the top 4 teams and drawn away to St Austell with a weakened side and also reached the semi final of the Charity Cup . A big well done to Derek and the boys.