Cornwall Football Forum

FHFL Results 28/02/09

Guest marc missen 11

wendron 5ths. 0-8 storm...

was a good game 2day storm where all over us for the first half and played desent balls between and over are defence.. but we diid put up a good fight in the second half cumin close a few times but sadly lost :( well played storm :smiley20:

FHFL Div 3

Frogpool Res 6 - 3 Carharrack Res (HT 3-0)

A highly spirited game, which was an absolute must-win for us. We showed a lot of desire in the 1st half & deservedly lead 3-0 at the halfway mark. The 2nd half saw some contentious offside decisions, for both sides, with goals & goalscoring opportunities being ruled out. We capitalised on the start we'd made by going 6-0 up, only to totally switch off in the final 20 minutes allowing Carharrack to come back & threaten to get something with 3 late goals. A hat-trick for Dyer today with Roskilly bagging a brace in his new boots :clapper:

A good-spirited game from both teams & a fair game by the ref (some decisions went against both teams, but this evened itself out over the course of the game). This puts us level on points with Carharrack at the foot of Div 3, hopefully we with our recent form we can move off the bottom soon! :D

FHFL 3

Penryn 1 Trispen 3

Very impressed with this young, fit, quick penryn team. Game was played in good spirit and they played some excellent football and probably deserved more on the day after they had alot of chances go begging including a penalty in the last 10 which they missed. Trispen took there chances and were very happy to take the 3 points away at the end of the day, after alot of attacking pressure from the home team.

I speak for the whole team in saying Penryn are by far the best team we haved played this season and if they can keep that team together then i would expected them to be top 3 at least. Excellent ref today who was spot on with every decision from start to finish.

Game was played on the main pitch which helped both teams play some good fluent football.

Guest pete norfolk

FHFL 2

Camborne Park 2 Carharrack 1 HT 1-0

This game saw both teams coming out trying to play football. Carharrack had most of the possession creating a few chances which went wide.

However it was Camborne who scored first when a corner found Ryan Croucher in the box who powered a bullit header into the back of the net.

Carharrack then came out in the second half fighting for a way back but never found the killer pass till a ball through the middle found Liam Brady who put carharrack on level terms.

Both teams then pressed for a winner, but it was Camborne who got it when Ashley Mugford found Kea on the right wing who went through and powered a shot accross the keeper.

Carharrack pushed for an equaliser, and if it weren't for Luke Williams on the line, they would of got it.

Well played to Carharrack and good luck for the rest of the season.

did any other games get played in fhfl2 part from the 3 mentioned and the one at port called off?

Guest 00Frogman

FHFL 2

Lanner 1-5 Froggers

Bottom of the table clash and a must win game for us! Cannot remember who scored the goals, but on the whole we deserved it. Lanner had lots of possession but we defended resiliently and hit on the break. Game played in good spirits and the ref wasn't bad either!

Well done boys, enjoys the beers tonight! :drink:

percy stephens cup

culdrose 1 mousehole 1 aet culdrose win 5-4 on penalties

Mousehole Scorer: Jamie Robinson

Worst of all i missed the 7th pen :( which meant we lost this cracker of a game....NOT, we never got out of 2nd gear today & got what we deserved too be honest, best of luck to culdrose in semi, again tobe honest think they will need it!!

i wud just like 2 take the shine off the camborne park lads so called bullet header... he headed it but it was goin wide until my trusty defender got in the way and sent it in the back of the net.. i no this due to i am the carharrack keeper lol.. a game that was spoilt by what i could say the worst officalled game ive ever taken part in! but thats life

FH 3 Stithians 0 Wendron 12!!!!!!

An improvement on our last meeting anyway...

Great football from Wendron and a really poor show from a lot of my lads.

Also 3 OG's to help them on there way.

Dissapointed with the ref for sending veteran midfielder Darren Webb off at the end but to be fair they had all been warned about the swearing.

No arguments really other than that, we were slower to everything, comical at the back and lacked the neccessary upfront.

Good luck for the rest of the season boys and with a bit of luck you will get promoted, hope so cos I don't think I can keep picking my lot up off the floor. Tell Peter Thorn he needs to ensure promotion for our sake if nothing else...

Well done Billy you b****d!! Good luck you have a good team there. Best I have seen for knocking the ball about and using your strengths.

P.S. sorry no food on at the pub but landlord and landlady are changing over so not sorted out the food arrangements yet.

Cheers,

QUOTE(mouser @ Feb 28 2009, 05:10 PM) *

percy stephens cup

culdrose 1 mousehole 1 aet culdrose win 5-4 on penalties

quote( green and white) Mousehole Scorer: Jamie Robinson

Worst of all i missed the 7th pen sad.gif which meant we lost this cracker of a game....NOT, we never got out of 2nd gear today & got what we deserved too be honest, best of luck to culdrose in semi, again tobe honest think they will need it!!

yeah you are right green and white you didnt get out of 2nd gear, your team has a few ex combo players who should of done better, both teams had chances to win but as we are a div 2 team and just enjoy our football then getting past a div 1 team is a good win for us no matter how it comes, we as any div 2 side needs luck in the cups especially against higher division sides,(not that we thought your team was any better than ours. we beat you with a goalkeeper who plays midfield and six of our starting 11 away. still thats football and what happens when you dont get out of 2nd gear.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

culdrose scorer: matt ruse :thumbsup:

Falmouth Albion 1-2 Stithians

Big win for stithians.

Sorry we didnt come back for a drink but looks like we went to the wrong pub!

No worries Semmo - not many of ours did either - which pub did you go to?? - any good??

FHFL 1 Result

Falmouth Town 0-4 Helston

It seems we went to a pub called the four winds? we were sure it was where u used to drink! Think they were quite pleased, and suprised about the number of visitors on a saturday afternoon! where were we supposed to be?!

thanks for your comments trispihno about todays game, i think we will be pushing for promotion come the end of the season, we have a big young squad with most capable of playing higher and already done so. but the old saying is if you dont take your chances your not gonna win games no matter how well you play. thought it was funny when rappo come in to our changing rooms after the game to get the team sheet signed, and said sorry to me for winning the game as he felt that he had robbed us, but thats football. we will play worse than that and end up putting 6 or 7 past someone im sure.

all the best trispen for the season.

penryn 1-3 trispen

our goalscorer tim senior

our mom tim senior

FHFL 1 Table 28/2/09

Results Grid

waiting on: HOLMANS V ST KEVERNE AND PENDEEN V TRURO (If played)

Apparently Pendeenv Turo was a cup game

Mawnan maintain the gap at the top. They still have to play Truro and Chacewater twice and away to Pendeen so could still be a twist to the end of the season.

Bottom of the table closing up - just 9 points between bottom 8 with big wins for Stithians and Helston yesterday - should be an interesting end to the season - though a bit nervy for those of us down there :unsure: .

FHFL 1

Holmans 2 - 3 St Keverne :(

Good entertaining game with both sides playing good attractive passing football. Holmans paid the price for poor finishing with the away team scoring the deciding goal in the 75th min.

Holmans are debating contacting Soccer am to do the crossbar challange as we hit it that many times yesterday we will be World champions!!!! :D

FH3

Mullion-4 Ruan Minor-3

A game in which Ruan will feel unlucky not to go away with at least a point, after leading on 2 seperate occasions. They took the lead but were pegged back from a great free-kick from Sam Spurrier. Mullion then took the lead when Wayne Briggs cross was diverted by the wind and ended up in the top corner! After half time Ruan came back at Mullion and drew level after a massive goal mouth scramble, before going ahead 5 minutes later with another set piece. Then with 10 minutes left Lee Cattarn got on the end of a free kick to flick it past the keeper. With a draw looking likely, Chris Rosevear rose highest from a corner to claim the winner and the vital 3 points which keeps them firmly in the title race. A great local derby with lots of tackles flying in, but kept in control by the excellent referee.

Guest pete norfolk

i wud just like 2 take the shine off the camborne park lads so called bullet header... he headed it but it was goin wide until my trusty defender got in the way and sent it in the back of the net.. i no this due to i am the carharrack keeper lol.. a game that was spoilt by what i could say the worst officalled game ive ever taken part in! but thats life

I know it was a weak header but it was his first ever goal and he wanted me to big him up lol

Ref was awful. I was running the line and couldn't believe in some of the decisions that was and wasn't given.

Good luck lads for the rest of the season.

FH 3 Stithians 0 Wendron 12!!!!!!

An improvement on our last meeting anyway...

Great football from Wendron and a really poor show from a lot of my lads.

Also 3 OG's to help them on there way.

Dissapointed with the ref for sending veteran midfielder Darren Webb off at the end but to be fair they had all been warned about the swearing.

No arguments really other than that, we were slower to everything, comical at the back and lacked the neccessary upfront.

Good luck for the rest of the season boys and with a bit of luck you will get promoted, hope so cos I don't think I can keep picking my lot up off the floor. Tell Peter Thorn he needs to ensure promotion for our sake if nothing else...

Well done Billy you b****d!! Good luck you have a good team there. Best I have seen for knocking the ball about and using your strengths.

P.S. sorry no food on at the pub but landlord and landlady are changing over so not sorted out the food arrangements yet.

Cheers,

Thanks for that Ian, hope you guys have a good end to the season too. Was very one sided for most of the match, although in the 2nd half you guys had a few chances go just wide. Sending off was harsh in the circumstances but the ref had warned us like you said.

Wendron scorers:

Neil Bartlett 3, Mike Feasey 2, Jimmy Collins 2, Steve Farrally 2 (On debut :thumbsup:) , Alan Rogers 1, Ryan Lewis 1, Own goal 1

Away to Caharrack next week

Pete

Perranwell 1-1 Mawnan

Good game played in good spirits, apart from the rubbing of horns in the second half between two stags in midfield but they hugged it out in the end.

Very hard game to play much football on a shocker of a pitch, more lumps and bumps than a horse track! Mawnan took the lead through Greg Renfree after 15/20 mins but Perran pulled it back 15 mins later when some bloke finished from a corner, totally unmarked while doing so. Think 1st half was pretty even with both sides having few chances, though Aryes did pull off a superb save to deny Perran after I completley shanked a back pass, cheers Dunc! Thought we shaded the 2nd half denying Perran to just 1 shot on target while we seemed to miss a few, including a spectacular over head effort by Renfree which went wide. He has now picked himself up but will probably be out for the season with a bad back ;)

Wont mention the ref to much as it may wake him up from his slumber and remind him where was on saturday. Some bizzare decisions, most of which were for handballs, never seen so many in a game. He was kind enough to shoo away the skipper for a knee high tackle, sure this wasnt malicious but not even a word!? Hope the skipper got fined after the game, had to be replaced with 10 mins left after a ball to balls incident, poor bloke was nearly in tears.

All the best Perran good set of boys!

lol good report gillo10. was a good enjoyable game. all the best to mawnan good team and deserve to win the league. felt a draw was a fair result. might see the ref on wwf smackdown after a gd bit off wreslin between kev morris and ryan thomas. overall tho i thought the ref was pretty good.

Perranporth - 6 - 1 - Marazion Blues (at Marazion)

Starting line up

J. Male, M. Bennetts, R. Watts, S. Harper, C. Laity, S. Jones, S. Mansfield, S. Clements, S. Gregory, R. Hosking, D. Penna

Substitutes

S. Stribley, L. Brown, R. Maynard

Goalscorers

Danny Penna (3), Simon Jones, Steve Gregory, Rob Hosking

Next fixture:

Camborne Park (Home)

WELL DONE PERRAN GOING FROM STRENGTH TO STRENGTH, WHO KNOWS WHERE WE'LL END UP FINISHING IN THE LEAGUE!!! :yahoo:

Guest beanhead

i got dropped again on saturday i am not ahappy had words, but the albion move maybe closer then you think. I have been the most consistant player this season and had rejected all rumours of transfer talk but being dropped again is final icing on the cake

The Packet ©

FHFL Round Up

28/02/2009

Culdrose are through to the semi-finals of the Percy Stephens Cup after winning a closely fought game against Mousehole on penalty kicks.

Jamie Robinson had put Mousehole ahead but Culdrose hit back on won after penalties. In the other Percy Stephens cup game Pendeen scored an extra-time winner to take them through against Truro City.

In division one the top of the table clash saw Perranwell record a 1-1 draw with Mawnan, who stay 12 points clear at the top. Mawnan’s goal came courtesy of Greg Renfree while Perranwell replied through Phil Woolcock.

Stithians eased their relegation worries when they beat rivals Falmouth Albion away despite Dave Williams’ goal for the hosts.

Other results in the division saw Junior Cup area finalists Falmouth Athletic play a hard-fought 0-0 draw with St Agnes, St Keverne beat Holmans 3-2, Helston put four past Falmouth Town and Chacewater win 3-0 away at St Day.

In Division 2 Mawnan moved three points further ahead with a 4-0 win against Hayle thanks to goals from Ben Lenderyou, Andy Julian, Ryan Whitbread and Rob Eccleston.

While second-bottom Frogpool/Cusgarne won 5-1 away at basement club Lanner thanks to goals from Brian Best, Nick Lasseter, Jason Pierce, Bill Huckfield and Lee Beecher. Lanner’s reply came from Lee Goldstone.

Third from bottom Perranporth also recorded an excellent result when they beat Marazion 6-1 away.

In the other game Ryan Croucher put Camborne Park into a winning position against Carharrack only for Liam Bray to level the scores. However, Camborne’s Kia Woodward was then played in on goal and hit a shot across the keeper to give them the points.

In Division 3 the result of the day saw Wendron put 12 goals past third bottom Stithians. Steve Farraly got a double on his debut while the other scorers were were Neil Bartlett (3), Mike Feasy (2), Jimmy Collins (2), Alan Roger, Ryan Lewis and an own goal.

Bottom club Frogpool/Cusgarne got an all important three points when they beat second bottom Carharrack at home thanks to a hat-trick from Jason Dyer and further goals from Dan Roskilly and Barry Taylor. The division’s other results saw Rosudgeon beat Constantine 1-0, Falmouth Athletic win 1-0 away at Lizard, Mullion finish on the correct side of a 4-3 scoreline with Ruan Minor and Penryn lose to Trispen 3-1.