Cornwall Football Forum

Duchy League Results 28/02/09

Div' 2

Calstock 1 - 1 Week St Mary

St Stephens 0 - 4 Probus

St Breward 1 - 10 Bodmin Saints

Saint's game completion delayed due to Arron Sturdy sustaining a broken leg. Final score 1 - 10. A superb display from Bodmin Saints who were missing first choice keeper. It has to be said, Saints can only lose the second division title now.

Edgcumbe 3-2 Looe.

A good game to watch today which Edgcumbe almost threw away. I've now watched Edgcumbe a few times this season and i'm convinced that after today they will win the league. They had a lot of different players in today but have really proved they have squad depth. They had 3 new players playing their 1st games today and they all really look the business, some classy additions to the squad. All credit to Looe today though also for their contribution to a great game to watch that kept me on the edge of my seat :clapper::clapper::thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Guest tafc.-gaffa

Shame those 3 players wont be there next week as they will playing ECPL for there normal club!!!!

If it takes ringers to win a league then so be it!!!!!!!!

Guest tafc.-gaffa

Duchy Premier League

Lamerton 0 - 1 Torpoint(Bates)

3 points well earned and glad we dont have to face them again as they never give up!!!!

390 minutes without conceeding and looking good going into the area junior cup final and also being top of the league tonight!!!

Well done boys-Quality!!!

lost in the ko cup today with 6 players missing from the squad,a couple of new additions who have only ever played for five a side teams.Not to worried at the moment but can say that the lads that played did us proud for 70 minutes fitness told in the end.Last weeks new signing helped out Bodmin Today and did very well,looks like we may need to look at some return favour when we play edgecumbe.All the fuss about us playing ringers ,just 1 reserve keeper when we meet in the league,three reinstatements from your torpoint neighbours ,open season now lads.

I accept that they have done nothing wrong,we had 8 players available today until nine this morning,lucky for guni that bodmin and wadebridge had games.Good luck to edgecumbe but you can understand that other teams will now look at the situation.Looe have strenghenend there side in the past couple of weeks ,this result was expected,but i predict looe want lose to many more games.

kitbag not really ringers to be fair, as u know im completely against that. we had 8 players on thursday evening able to play sat due to a ridiculous amount of injuries (9 in total). As we helped out torpoint when we went through that period of no games, they offered us 3 players to make up a team today. luckily a couple of our players could play again come saturday mornng, which meant they went straight into the team at the expense of the lads signed on.

They were not signed because of who we were playing, they were signed so we could actually play the match, and 1 of them was on the bench and came on for his team-mate.

No fit edgcumbe players were left out of the side at their expense.

Looe are a good side but edgcumbe dominated the game really but fair play to looe for not giving up, took a contentious penalty decision to win the game for edgcumbe after 2 red cards which was out of context with the rest of the game.

I think people need to grow up a bit. This is a man's game, not for people to throw their toys out of their prams when they don't agree with things. What happened to just worrying about what your own team are doing? At the start of every game everyone starts with 11 v 11, just get on and play the game

I accept that they have done nothing wrong,we had 8 players available today until nine this morning,lucky for guni that bodmin and wadebridge had games.Good luck to edgecumbe but you can understand that other teams will now look at the situation.Looe have strenghenend there side in the past couple of weeks ,this result was expected,but i predict looe want lose to many more games.

Was expecting to play St Teath mate, in Duchy Premier don't expect to be playing against Senior players. Why would it be lucky for us that Bodmin and Wadebridge had a game? We had 3 of our lot missing yesterday and 1 second team sub which give us 12.

HI garf just tongue in cheek mate,best of luck see in a few weeks when we are both at full strengh.

Ecpl supporter,player was jonnie may,he has signed for both clubs and is short of match fitnees after spending a lot of time on the bench at Wadebridge.Gilby short of squad players at the moment,just helping out jonnie and a good friend.Spoke to your old man i think he would have liked to sign jonnie,perhaps he could have played for edgecumbe as well yesterday.Bored with this subject now whatever will be will be,est of luck to all involved in the duchy prem.Garf stop winding up Tommy Neville and you are only upset that Liverpool have found there true level,and thats behind Chelsea.

polperro 3 - 5 st anns chapel, things are hotting up in the duchy 2, who said week st mary will walk it?

6 wins on the trot and another huge test againt the in form bodmin saints next week will really see how good we are!!!

As for week they are not great appart from their left midfielder who has some serious tallent!!!

jonnie will play for st teath mate,when he is not needed at Bodmin.The lad has had ability and justs lacks a bit of confidence at the moment.Joe Tickle has the same opportunity but as you can appreciate its not easy to accomdate 2 players in this posistion.The trouble is that we need players who can play at this level to improve what we have got,thats why edgecumbe new signings have come from the potential winners of the ecpl