Cornwall Football Forum

Chelsea performance

Having been slammed for suggesting shift to 4-4-2, it was interesting to hear the speculation that Hiddink might want purchases in the summer that take the club in that direction. Patently obvious again tonight that neither Anelka not Drogba wants to put out wide; that Malouda, even in ten minutes, is half-hearted and ineffectual ; and that Alex is no substitute for a fit Carvalho. Good ball from Kalou for the goal....about time ! Essien's return is the best news in a long time, although I wonder, given Mikel's improvement, where supporters would most like to see him playing.

Any 1-0 is good in Europe and Chelsea are always capable of grabbing an away goal, especially with Drogba up for it again and with Essien back, but I'd put our chances of going through at around 11-10. Does Deco have a future ? :unsure:

Couldn't find any simple odds to progress BUT 3-1 that all 4 Engish sides do. No supporters have been happy with 4-5-1 esp when the 1 is Anelka. Without class wingers it will mean making do. Don't think Essien will be risked that early but, when fit, Mikel will be back on the bench. Expect Deco will return "home" to Iberia at the end of the season. Mancienne, Stoch & Di Santo will get their chance soon.

As neither Stoch nor Di Santo have really had much action in the 1st team this opinion is obviously somewhat limited. However, Stoch seems to be a good tricky winger (a la Pat Nevin but with pace) and I rate him higher. Di Santo seems to play well off a bigger stricker (obv DROGBA) and if the 4-4-2 continues (as we all hope) then an obvious replacement for Anelka, if injured. There were mutterings about Pizzaro coming back from Germany but it seems unlikely to me. Again, how do you replace Drogba?

He's a rarity these days, the sort of striker the modern game doesn't really develop in large numbers. I don't think he is replaceable by anybody better...

Is Di Santo ready for that role playing off him ? I'd be sorry to see Pizzarro again....not very impressive before ! How many has he scored in Germany ?

Midfield, keep watching ! You could have sat through three Shakespeare plays in the time since you last saw a goal in an Arsenal match ! Do you think the Spud Blight could be affecting other parts of North London as well ? ...like the great Goal Famines that caused mass emigration and brought Terry Neill and Pat Rice to Highbury.....I don't want to worry you, but I think a lot of your fans are leaving early and making booing noises at Arsene ! I won't be a party pooper by going on about this when we're both more happy than we've ever been to see Ronaldo score a penalty, however ! Poor old Spuds, couldn't even win a pub trophy against Red Scum Reserves.

:D

Poor old Spuds, couldn't even win a pub trophy against Red Scum Reserves.

:D

True, no arguments from me. Spurs obviously prefer to play and beat Blue Scum First Team in those pub trophy finals. ;)

As for Mau Utd reserves, are you sure?. Did you actually see the lineups?.

Did the best club team in Europe, The Premier League champions and World Club champions once again fail to beat or even score past woeful Spurs and their pathetically funny goalkeeper over 90minutes?. It's easy to see how so many of you are quick to deride such a pathetic little club. :wacko:

Grow up you fuc@#~g idiots. :SM_carton: