Cornwall Football Forum

Junior Cup Final West Result

Superb 25 yard free kick to give Athletic the lead, but 'Tine fought back late on, and the goal came from an angle to take it to extra time.

Did hear one comment from a dad to his son on walking out just before the goal: Son: 'What happens if they score now?' Dad: 'They won't score if they were playing all night.' and cue equaliser about a minute later.

Did see them getting the table and cup ready for presentation, just before the goal went in.

Macth Report on Thisiscornwall.co.uk ©

http://www.thisiscornwall.co.uk/cornwallsp...il/article.html

FALMOUTH and Constantine will have to do it all again after the sides fought out a 1-1 draw in the County Junior Cup Final West at Bickland Park on Wednesday night.

Glen Jeffrey's first half wonder strike appeared to be enough to hand Falmouth the honours.

But, with the game deep into second half injury time, substitute Liam Grant sent the game into extra time with a dramatic equaliser.

Falmouth made the perfect start when Jeffrey thundered a free kick from 40 yards out into the top corner of the net.

The Falmouth/Helston League division one side controlled the remainder of the first half but were unable to add to their early opener.

Second division Constantine fought back admirably after the interval and, just when it appeared that the cup was heading Falmouth's way, Grant struck at the death from six yards out to take the game into extra time.

Chances were few and far between for the extra 30 minutes as fatigue took its toll as the spoils were shared.

The sides will replay at the same venue next Wednesday (kick off 7.30pm).

Falmouth: K Toy, K Davis, J Bush, T Brewer, L Jeffrey, G Jeffrey, L Miller, M Moore (C Southworth 110), N Macintosh, B Ambrose, J Perrin. Subs (not used): K Johnson, T Fairburn, M Wood.

Constantine: Z Telling, M McGee, N Grimshaw, P Brandwood, L Chinn (J Green 77), L Halloran (L Grant 65), M Kent, P Jeffrey, D Olds (M Metcalfe 73), M Pellow, C Prynn. Subs (not used): R Job, N Dickinson.

I thought 'Tine almost nicked it near the death, but the chance went begging.

Only heard 1 mention of a certain player during the match as well.

But why, oh why, were the kids allowed to play on the pitch for so long before being told to get off? a ball even went onto the pitch whilst the match was in play due to kids kicking around on the top, which is an offence under FA regs, as it's an object entering the pitch, daft as that sounds.

But why, oh why, were the kids allowed to play on the pitch for so long before being told to get off? a ball even went onto the pitch whilst the match was in play due to kids kicking around on the top, which is an offence under FA regs, as it's an object entering the pitch, daft as that sounds.

no it's not

But why, oh why, were the kids allowed to play on the pitch for so long before being told to get off??

I do believe they where told before the match to get off the pitch, then again at half time after the 50/50, as anyone with kids will know it normally takes two or three tellings before it sinks in :P and after thier ball went on to the pitch a lady (i guess mum) did tell them off :drink:

Big crowd at Bickland to see the final kick off was delayed to allow the queue in!!

Athletic dominated the first half and will be dissapointed not to have put the game out of sight. They fully deserved their lead at half time.

But... I thought I was the only bloke who noticed that the ref raised his arm for an indirect free kick just before the thunderbolt opening goal!!! Constantine didn't because no one appealed, although one or two in the stand commented about it.

Tine got better in the second half, with all three subs playing well. Athletic still looked dangerous on the break, and had a couple of good chances, hitting the bar and a swerving shot saved by the keeper.

Just when it looked like it was all over up popped Ian Grant with a popular equaliser judging by the noise from the crowd.

Tine started extra time well and looked to have earned a penalty when a header from a corner appeared to be handled but it wasn't given. Athletic had a pen appeal in the game as well but I thought it was a dive.

Both sides tired in the second half of extra time.

If you think my report is biased it is. I support the Tine!!!!

Good luck next week lads.

:drink::drink::drink:

CCFA watch!! Can you only afford two balls at a match at times there were long delays when they were both kicked out of play

Guest Postie Pidge

Just to confirm that the replay will be on Wednesday 4th March, 7.30 kick off at Bickland Park.

Incidentally the same night as the Eastern Area Final at Liskeard between St Dennis and Torpoint Athletic.

I couldnt see the penalty shout for tine in extra time but i was behind the goal when joe perrin was fouled in the box and was a def penalty ref even had the whistle in his mouth then bottled it.the tine fans shouted it was a dive then couple min later even said themselfs it was a pen.i thought athletic should have won the game in the 90 min but well done to tine for getting back into it.i agree with angell tine looked better with matty metcalf and granty.

Guest Postie Pidge

Ian Grant scored for Constantine (not Liam!)

Crowd was "Over 400"

Referee: David Green (Launceston)

Assistants: Sam Rabey and Mike Mills (Truro)

4th official: Richard Butter (Launceston)

IAN GRANT = LEGEND!!!!

joe perrin was fouled, it was right infront of me. definate penalty.

have to say my man of the match was nathan macintosh, i thought he was superb. james bush was solid at the back.

dont think matt metcalfe made any difference at all angell, i think you must have been drunk if you thought that. Ian Grant however should have been on from the start. he loves that pitch and has played it for years, he would have pinged the ball around nicely if he was on from the start. felt sorry for mark kent up front, didnt have anything all game, shame because he is a match winner. hope to see more from him in the replay.

dont think the falmouth goalie got enough stick though, for all his wrong doings.

i had to laugh when i read the west briton today. so Andros was there for 6 games yet the athletic player i know (no names mentioned) has never ever met this andros. but oh well, well done, they pulled it off and got away with it.

replay prediction athletic 2-0 win. unless granty starts!!!!

no it's not

Any object that is thrown onto the pitch is considered a missile, even a football, but only if that ball is not part of the match, or just been returned after going into the crowd.

It does seem crazy, but it's an arrestable offence.

link to the offence

Well, no, but the children should be supervised, and under control. Maybe slightly excessive for the level of the match, but if that ball had gone onto the pitch when it was a crucial moment, it may not have just been me mentioning it on here, or the Falmouth manager shouting up at the children, but also, where was\were the stewards who should've ensured this didn't happen?

I have never seen the point of children going to the match, and then being left to run around on their own, kicking a ball around, either they go to watch the match, or stay at home, not being harsh, but from a safety point of view, children unsupervised doesn't bode well, especially the way they were rolling down the embankment.

Guest Postie Pidge

Well, no, but the children should be supervised, and under control

Unfortunately we couldn't find enough volunteers who would stand around watching children play football on the top of the bank while their parents/guardians watched the match.

I have never seen the point of children going to the match, and then being left to run around on their own, kicking a ball around, either they go to watch the match, or stay at home, not being harsh, but from a safety point of view, children unsupervised doesn't bode well, especially the way they were rolling down the embankment.

Were you not young once? When I was younger we used to watch Falmouth and run onto the pitch at half time to see if we could make the whole interval time playing in the goals before being told to move. The same at a Falmouth-Helston League Cup final there. We used to arrive before the players so we could play on the pitch before, at half time and after the game. Rolling down the bank - kids are kids! Not ideal during the game but if they hurt themselves then they will know not to do it again.

i think the officials were the best players on the pitch.lol apart from lee jeffreys i thought both sides were poor an feel quite confident that who ever wins out of us and torpoint will win the junior cup this year. it will most defently be comin back to the east. goodluck to both sides will be there watchin as our game was called off tonight. SUCKS

i think the officials were the best players on the pitch.lol apart from lee jeffreys i thought both sides were poor an feel quite confident that who ever wins out of us and torpoint will win the junior cup this year. it will most defently be comin back to the east. goodluck to both sides will be there watchin as our game was called off tonight. SUCKS

we heard all this sort of talk last year with st stephens boro/edgcumbe/st dominick and torpoint being touted to win it and the east would win it for sure but who did.... portreath from the west. so lets not get too confident in the east :D